Force cockpit view unfair?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm still missing the logic of forcing cockpit view. Let me put it another way. Why do YOU care what I see?

2. tjc

tjc Registered

;)

3. tjc

tjc Registered

In a lot of ways Kknorpp I don`t, but I suppose there`s a little bit of me that would like to think if I was racing you and a few others, that we were all racing from what is imo the most realistic view, which is cockpit, and therefor all the same, as we would be in real life. :)

4. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

Let me put it this way.i really dont care how you drive and what you see,but im sure i wouldn't race with you like that,i skip leagues and fun races without cockpit view.
    people here talk about realistic sim and ask why to use cockpit,funny!logic is simple,if you want more realistic experience while driving you will use cockpit.

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Now we're getting somewhere. So my first issue is that I hate the idea of not being able to race with you because I really prefer tv cockpit and you and I both miss out because you would feel better if I was seeing the same thing as you. Which brings me to my second point, which is that, if I have triple screens and I AM seeing what you are seeing, plus a whole lot more. While all may not agree, many triple screen owners admit the advantage triples give and I agree because I have tried triples too. So if you are an admin who has triples and forces cockpit view then you should call your leagues "triple nazi" or something so we can decide whether we want to join your cheating ass LOL

Edit: so can you guys envision what I am envisioning? Maybe we just need two classes of racers. Rich and poor. Or rich and poor but gifted enough to overcome advantages rich guys have. In some ways that is indeed realistic, however the reason I sim race is to compete on a level playing field. Oh we'll, I guess too much reality has crept into sim racing in all the wrong ways.

6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

i prefer people to use whatever view they are safest in...if tvcam keeps them from smacking me into next week...so be it

7. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

yes but triple screens does not make you faster maybe safer.
    eyes and view in real life racing are much different then driving everyday car,and the traffic to.but is similar to traffic if you using sings on race track,distance sings,curbs...i knew where i should be even if i had 15 inch monitor and never had a problem with other guys when racing.you need to know where is the racing line not the buildings or people around the track :) my point is so if i have g25 and other have fanatec or even better frex or some better wheel,is he cheating is he faster??NO of course!!!!!so this poor rich fall in to the water

8. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

well said!!

9. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

many guys i raced had a lot top class equipment.did they where faster?NO!what make them faster is same recipe as for me PRACTICE!!!
    and do real drivers crash some times even they have natural point of view?yes!
    thats racing on the limit what make racing harder and you will always have aggressive drivers to ruin your race ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
  10. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

You are sounding like a spoilt brat Kknorpp.
    Hardly any servers run forced view. If the host wants to run it that way, thats THEIR choice. If you dont like it, go to another server.
    Why should you be able to dictate what they run on their server?
    The poor excuse is pure BS. Triple screens will not make you a faster driver or give you more race craft/ability.

I prefer TV cockpit, but stick me in cockpit view and it makes no difference to my lap times or racing ability.
    Deal with it lad.

11. jomardi

jomardi Registered

NO! - it is FAIR! as for GRID will be only external view :D
    I think, SIM developers, should not waste time for other views. I understand, that for some beginners will be little hard to drive, but for they is so better for future ;)

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK, so if there is no advantage or disadvantage then it comes down to wanting everyone to see the same thing. Whatever.

13. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

well said guys :) :)

14. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

To ensure you don't have an advantage over me. And yes, visibility is an advantage.

Why don't I want you to have an advantage? Well how else can we determine who is the best driver if we have fundamentally different circumstances.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You can go faster when you use for example the chase view or bumper view!
    I did a lot of tests with GT5 and I can confirm that you can go 2sec' faster with the bumper view compared to the cockpit view!

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

That's what I thought. So, if visibility is an advantage then does that mean triple screens are an advantage?

17. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

We don't force views at ORA either. We like to make things easy for everyone that way, although many of us enjoy using the cockpit view for the realism. Some guys use the chase view while some others use the bumper or bonnet (hood) view.

Personally, I prefer the cockpit view as it adds to my immersion factor, which is why I race a Simulation and not an Arcade Game. While I only run one 22 inch screen I see no obvious advantage to triple screens apart from the ability to see what is beside you at any time during a race.

18. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

what that car on your avatar?mazda?whatever.would i see something different if i sit inside?i dont think so.maybe only if i ware glasses and you not.
    so point is to have the same view because we are in same car.we can talk about this for ages because it take you to anther point of advantages in race.SETUPS are major to get advantage in race and practice to.without practice you dont have good setup.what i mean by good setup is you have to practice to make setup your ways,people always ask can you send setup if i have god times(no problem for me to share),but problem is i have spend 300/500 laps making this setup so i know everything about this car behavior.and i love more when car is bit oversteer in some points,so people hardly drive my setups cause more people like understeer cas(so i need to be close,to point some things to be more confident with my setup on limit) :)base setups are different.so i came to point where people who dont know how to make good setup are in disadvantage?yes but thats like those who want to be fast to soon,and dont make anything with times or good racing.so practice if you want to become faster and learn how to make better setup which fits you.reading,testing,reading,testing

1 person likes this.
  19. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

BS.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

This may blow your mind but I totally understand why an admin would force fixed setup.