Force cockpit view unfair?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Saro

Saro Registered

Don't like forced cockpit view? Don't join servers that force cockpit view.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jos

Jos Registered

Bonnet cam gives better visability so its an advabtage, have you tried looking left or right in the skippy, you cant see a thing... I almost couldnt rejoin the track because i couldnt see what was coming.

3. rhamm

rhamm Registered

That seems fair enough to me.

4. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

View attachment 4921 cockpit vew
    View attachment 4922 tv cockpit view
    View attachment 4923 nose view

you can clearly see cockpit and tv cockpit have almost same view perspective,only tv is bit higher than normal and bit narrow.not much advantage
    and nose view have the smaller perspective,you can notice this by building on the right

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2012
  6. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

one more with car ;)
    View attachment 4924 cockpit view

View attachment 4925 tv cockpit (only advantage here is you can see guy legs ;))but in racing you need to look far far ahead so you dont need to see what is below you

View attachment 4926 nose view

i didnt touch anything just passed through view key insert

7. osella

osella Registered

Oh, not this again. You are using the same old argument I read quite often (not you, many simracers and arcade racers), with this pattern:
    Our sims are not and never will be completely realistic anyway, so WHY NOT make them even less realistic.

8. 10speed

10speed Registered

You should read my posting properly. My point is that with a typical pc monitor you only get about 12" diagonal size on screen to show the track. The rest is wasted for the cockpit. Mirrors are so small (right mirror is not even visible with a one screen setup) it is almost laughable. The tv cockpit camera has nearly the same angle and direction, only difference is its position. Even this camera does not display the track and other cars in correct size. Now you can argue it is positioned slightly too high. But then again you can also adjust cockpit cameras which is not possible in reality as seats are fixed and I don't know if there are racing drivers with adjustable neck implants ...
    You can also argue it is possible to use cockpit view and increase the FOV. But first of all you don't have such a view in reality and secondly with a large FOV (shows more from the actual track) you lose sense of speed and sense of space between objects.

9. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

yes but point is to go lower as possible if we talking about real driving positions.im 1.89cm tall and let say you are 1.75 do we have same position?NO!so cockpit adjustments are ok for minor changes .and to adjust lets say i have my monitor 60 cm far from my wheel and you 20cm,so its really good to have option to adjust the views in cockpit.you are not moving the seat you just adjust your eye view.you can test it in your real car on the road,when you driving a bit faster let say 160 kmh(but not on highway ;)),you focus where you want to go and look as far as possible.what you will see is only a tiny window good focused where you are going and rest is a bit blurred(like 17 inch monitor :)) so my point is you need to know or try in real car,on what you are focused when looking on one spot, and what you see when you focused when drive faster.

10. deathofmarat

deathofmarat Registered

I humbly request you go sit in your road car and tell me that you don't have to atleast move your eyeballs to the right to see your wing mirror, and that your available vision isn't somewhat impaired by that pesky plastic thing called a dash...

Also, I use a single monitor setup. I'm typically pretty damn quick and safe. Would a triple screen setup maybe pose an advantage? Yeah. But aren't we just now trying to fish for excuses why we're getting beaten on the track?

11. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

What you 'should' see in cockpit view is entirely dependant on Monitor size, distance from Monitor and Seat position. This means it 'should' be tied in to a realistic FOV. That will never happen.

Race whats on the server, if you don't like it race somewhere else. :)

12. Rino1970

Rino1970 Registered

Last time I checked you can't drive a real car any other way ,and this (rF2) is suppose to be as real as it can be. Real racers drive in cockpits,and so should we.If you can't drive it in cockpit than there are a lot of arcade games you can play. I've raced real car's on real tracks and that is the only way to drive. I know that some people just want to have fun, and I get it.I just don't know why you would want any other view ,other than what you would get if your in that exact car in real life. To each there own I guess.I t is also a lot easier to drive out of the car, so in reality your getting an advantage.Some people need it ,some of us don't.That's what separates the men from the boy's in my opinion.;)

13. JGraf

JGraf Registered

so long as i can race in the view i prefer (cockpit), i don't care what view others select.
    knowing what driving view an opponent is racing in would be helpful, like a symbol over the car to identify what view they use.
    just realize my view restrictions before ya dive bomb me into a corner please...

unfair... well, "fastest" can only go as fast as it can go, there is no extra, whatever view used.

14. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

We will be enforcing cockpit in our league. It's the only real way to "simulate" racing. If you don't like it, don't join. Move on.

P.S. I have three 23 inch monitors in Eyefinity. I only use one when racing rFactor though.

1 person likes this.
  15. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

@ OP
    Who the hell are you to complain about what view servers have?
    When you pay out several hundred on a dedicated server then you can decide on which views you have....

In the meantime just appreciate the fact that un-pass worded servers exists for you to race online

Sorry but the fact is that you drive cars from the inside the vehicle not sitting on the bonnet or behind.

1 person likes this.
  16. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Doesn't sound harsh at all . Sounds downright rude and abusive to me.

1 person likes this.
  17. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

by the logic of a lot of people here most professional team simulators would be barred from joining your servers as they aren't realistic enough, none of them use cockpit view.
    This stupid argument rears it's head every so often and always ends in arguments and never in agreement.

Personally I dislike being forced to use a viewpoint that I find unrealistic, though I always use cockpit view in single seater cars I never do with tin tops.

As to the original question, it's all down to personal choice and nobody forces you to join a server running options you dislike

18. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

FAIR!!!!! Take a poll Knorppy m8 :D

19. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

20. Spadge

Spadge Registered

I'm pretty sure mine cost nothing ... just a little linux server made out of spare parts, an old Windows XP licence for the vmware hosted OS ;)

But really, I don't see why anyone would want to drive from any view other than the driver's POV. I don't limit it on my server, but if I did I fully expect nobody to notice.