Croft Circuit, UK - v1.0 (last update:2013.04.10)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by feels3, Jan 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Just had a ten lap race at Croft with the T5 mod. First 3 finishers all listed as "accident" and everybody else was disqualified including me for coming out of a pit stop under red, this despite a gadgey waving a green flag at me just before the red light.

WTF??? :D

GRAB_001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
  2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

It looks I have work on AIW again :( Sorry guys, at least online races should work fine now.

Give me few days...

BTW. Do you know where can I find full documentation for rf1 AIW editor?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Not sure if there ever was, I remember starting out with rF1 and learning from random areas on the web, maybe ISI released something after I stopped I'm not sure.

Dunno if these will help at all, seem to cover the basics at least:

http://racingtracks.net/rf_aiw_editing.html

or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi4s7-KT53M

4. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Thank You Feels.

in some things, I found the version 0.91 also good. :eek:

5. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Now we all have a birthday.
    - J. R. Oppenheimer

Thanks, feels3 :)

6. Zoaal

Zoaal Registered

Thank You Feels3!!!

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks again Feels3. Didn't have any problem with AIs personnaly, racing with AI 95% Agressivity 50% and they bit me like hell (usually I can sometimes win a race when they are around 97% with Croft 0.91), so they are really better :)

I see a lot of improvement on this new version, better AIs, very good texture, tried with rain reflection and it's stunning! the only tiny little things I'm sad about is those little lights with some small relief we had on the ground in the track in 0.91 (begin of the straight, exit of pits around yellow line) the way they trigger my wheel and my buttkicker when I had a wheel on one of them will miss me a lot...

Anyway, great job! :)

8. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Is this problem replicable with other cars? It doesn't sound as a AIW error for me (at least rF2 AI creation was similar to rF1)

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

One of my first races in rf2 was on Croft Circuit with the 370z it was very immpresive and in truth for me the first contact with a ISI simulation. On your website I've read that croft was your first track and in the meantime (6 months !?) you have again released ​​two fantastic tracks. Uncredible :cool:

THANKS feels3 ! ! ! :)

10. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

It looks like a lot of trackside objects are removed in v1.0, like banners, stands and similar stuff.. It looks more clean, but kinda emptier comparing to 0.91..

Great job nevertheless, Interlagos, we are waiting for you :D

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Looking good.

Many thanks feels.

:)

12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Looks great. I had to keep 0.91 installed in order to have access to the Lola, but v1.0 still seems perfectly happy.

I am not noticing any realroad rubbering in effect though. Not sure if its due to 0.91 still being installed, although they both seem to happily co-exist in their own directories. Anyone else getting rubbering in look?

Looks great in sterescopic 3D.

13. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Ran a few laps and its looking nice, I did prefer the first chicane section with the closer tyre bundles but I know it caused some issues with ai hitting it on the first lap. I didn't race the ai yet but ran a practice session and I was beating them easily at 120% before now I will need to turn them down as they are 2 sec a lap faster and I cant see me getting that time too easily lol.

The real road texture is more subtle and more realistic I think, so for those that think its not there its just blends more with the surface and not as in your face as on some other tracks or even earlier versions. The trees do look nice and its another great track so congrats and thanks. If there ever is another version I wouldn't mind one with the tyre bundles too as I loved threading the gap with disaster only inches away each time. This would be great if there were 2 versions as in Portugal and also your poznan track.

Thanks again feels and happy birthday, loving your work and looking forward to all your upcoming work as you are doing some impressive work for rf2.No idea how you manage to get so much done so quick and you are working on 3 tracks currently which is insane lol, you must have a secret little sweat shop hidden away with a bunch of guys working away for sure. I hope you at least feed them well as I am not a huge fan of slave labour but with your work so far I will even turn a blind eye to that. ;)

14. kro388th

kro388th Registered

On line race with Clio 1.41 ran perfect , we forced a pit to test and all went well .. so looks good with the clios anyway !

awesom work looks fantastic , also looks like the gardners worked overtime ! They did a bang up job trimming the hedge at the end of sector 1 as well and cleaning up the track areas ! ;-)

Thanks !!

15. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Haven't been able to replicate the "peculiar" race with the disqualification issues so I suppose thats good news.
    Had half a dozen wet 10 lap races with F3, Skippies, T5's and all was well barring maybe a few too many pile ups just past the final bend on the start of the pit straight.

I think that we should put it down to being a "dose of the gremlins" unless this happens to anyone else. :cool:

*PS.. Thanks for the update feels *

16. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I just saw the screenshots posted at Virtualr with this update, I was wondering what graphics settings are used for these shots and what vid card etc you have. The screenies are amazing and I wont to know how to get the track to look as close to those with my pc without a fps drain.

17. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

beautiful, thanks for all the hard work feels3

18. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Nothing special, ATI 6770, Core i3, I have ~40 fps at Croft.

All in game settings at max, ATI drivers settings too, AF 16x, AA2x. Shots were made with default HDR profile.

I give them caviar :p

19. Tortue G

Tortue G Registered

Thanks a lot, I'm impatient to test this new version, the older was already a "reference", so i have no doubt that this will be stunning !!

20. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I ran some mixed car offline races vs 29 AI at croft 1.0, the AI are pretty good here I set them to 100% strength and 100% aggression with me driving the t5 BMW.

I haven't noticed any major AI bugs they do have the odd crash but I ran a few 5 lap races starting at the back of the grid and overall they were pretty well behaved, better then on an online server anyway lol. They do run some quick lap times and I havent found my ideal AI percentage yet as I used to run 120% but thats nearly a couple seconds quicker per lap then me. At 100% I am close to the fastest lap pace in these races but mid field they are a bit slower in traffic as am I but I find my way through a little easier then they do ;)

Track is running great on my system and battling the AI is a bit of fun and not a piece of cake like it was even at the fastest setting in the earlier version and as it is in most tracks. Giving them a little more room helps avoid the crashes they used to have, I do notice the odd car bangs the pit wall off the start but the majority of races go by without a major crash blocking the track. With so many cars in in real life racing big crashes are possible especially with a track that starts out like croft.