Croft Circuit, UK - v1.0 (last update:2013.04.10)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by feels3, Jan 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Is there anything to do to have more fps here (as a modder I mean)? There is many tracks where my fps stays at 60 almost all the time but here fps are between 40-55 (even low 30 in start). Pit area still causes big fps hit.

Is this just because this track looks so good? Do we just have to wait ISI optimization?

2. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

This is something out of my control. Lot of people have different performance on different tracks.

For example I have ~25-30 at Lime Rock, ~45 at Croft, ~40 at Poznan, and ~ 50 at Putnam Park.
    Monaco ~20, Portugal ~40, Malaysia ~45. (I have core i3, ATI 6770)

I did my best, track is actually quite low poly, not many materials, seperate low poly objects for collisions, vram usage isn't big.

If I could do more, I would do that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
  3. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I get similar drops even though my system is pretty good (7950 overclocked).

Perhaps it's simply an optimisation issue with the game.

4. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I7 2700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, gtx Titan 2560x1440 monitor. Only had the card for a week and a bit and its a huge jump over my gtx480 sli setup I had used before. Here I used it all maxed out and it sticks to my 60p vsync all race from the back of the grid and its very smooth so am quite happy with the performance from the card.

I used fraps to record it at full res in 2560x1440 at 30p and it stuck to this most of the way except for a slight slow down where the preview pic was captured getting down to about 27 fps for a sec which causes a bit of a stuuter in the video.

Its hard to justify the cost of the card but it is easily the best single card setup with performance at a very high price but at least it performs even if the cost is hard to justify for most lol.

I did also OC the titan and had to do a bios flash to avoid throttling and allow it to use more power that it really needs.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Ok. No problems, 40-55 fps is still very drivable. I think that those T5 cars (did my test with them) also give some extra fps drop.

6. kmw

kmw Registered

A very impressive circuit thank you.
    I keep checking in on rF2 to see if it has become more playable for my system, but then I have to leave again because it is still stuttering. But this latest build actually feels a bit smoother, and I was very impressed when I loaded up Croft v1.0 - the smoothest drive I have experienced so far, with my settings on medium and a dozen cars in a test session.
    I'm awaiting delivery of an HD7950 3GB OC to replace my 2 x HD5750s, & I'm very glad I have tried this circuit AFTER I ordered the card or this circuit might have persuaded me not to upgrade :)
    Looking forward to trying your Poznan and Putnam Park circuits as well.
    Thanks again for these great tracks.

7. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Absolutely great track!!!
    I drive the F3 here atm. I start with about 42 laps of fuel. Now the AI is about 4 sec quicker. Am I so slow (unusual at 97%) or are they on a different fuel level? How much fuel is the AI usually carrying?

8. kmw

kmw Registered

I'd like to know this as well. I think in RF1 they always filled their tanks, but I would like confirmation of what they actually do in each session - are they able to manage fuel strategy?

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

AIW was improved in this version so AI is quite fast in here.

10. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Thanks feels, impresive work!

And yes, the AI not crash anymore at the tyres.

11. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Although I've seen a Clio roll over at the final turn.....somehow! I think that's just a Clio thing, though.

12. Kev

Kev Registered

Ckecked the AIW again. All seems work as it should. Sometimes AI drives a bit too deep into inside kerb in last corner for some reason.
    I noticed that in 198 build AI respects driving corridors less.
    Also its very different from car to car. ISI cars behave perfectly for me. I know that some modders set weird suspension multipliers for AI cars which not allow them to drive on shaped kerbs normally.

New version is really impressive.
    Very nice textures but lighting a bit over at some angles probably due to HDR. See attachment (warning: big file!).
    View attachment 7274
    Also i see grain on tarmac sometimes (like undermipmapped textures) because of my big screen resolution.
    And at loading screen word 'lenght' is wrong i think. Should it be 'length'?

13. feels3

What time of day is on this picture?

EDIT: It looks like night or late evening, if so, it's knowing rf2 issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
  14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Hmm.... I wonder why no one has asked about these cones:

[​IMG]

I don't know about you guys, but they're in the middle of my racing line ;)

15. feels3

They are there only during practice session :p

16. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Drive on the grass then you miserable git! LOL!
    :D

17. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Thank You.

18. Kev

Kev Registered

1PM.

And i see what you meant saying AI hits barrier at start. They drive really close to pit wall on the start but never saw hit yet. I could shift corridors near pitwall if you want (you could do it yourself easily :) ).

Edit:
    I want also mention (not only to you Feels3 but to all HDR profile developers) that HDR IS designed to expand the range of brightness monitor could give (0 - 255). But what i see in most tracks is that range is cut really strongly. Take a look at this:
    View attachment 7278 View attachment 7277
    This is brightness range of two screenshots from game during sunny day, look in direction of sun and opposite to it. HDR profile should cover this whole range from 0 to 255, but not 0 to 170 etc... so picture looks dark and pushing hard to my eyes. Hope this will fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
  19. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

Here you can see a bug at the start/finish line.
    Look at the front left wheel:
    View attachment 7279

20. feels3

Check again, this is how 1PM looks :)

link1, link2

I didn't add HDR profile to Croft :) Check out release notes.

@yoghurt

Thanks for reporting issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013