{{Black Mirror Fix}} 1960s Cars + All Tracks [vMod]

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Nov 19, 2012.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Tried the "get around" DJC and can confirm it got rid of the spiderman drivers, but only some...

Out of eight drivers, including myself (and two of those were BT20`s) two of the F1`s still had spiderman drivers but the others were back to normal again.

Funny how it only seems to affect the F1`s, the F2`s and F3`s are fine without any BT20`s in the mix.

I wonder why only the F1 drivers are being affected like this... why do you think the vMod is "bringing out" this bug as I only ever had one F1 Spark driver like this before...

:confused:

Anyway, still good to be able to drive the 60`s content with mirrors. :)

2. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Great news ! It works fine for me (tested F1 on Jarama for the moment).
    I was waiting for that fix for a long time now.
    Thank you very much. :)

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

yea, the #6 Spark F1 had the web hands in old builds. But in new build 118 problem seems to be greater. I promise you it's not just my vMod. Even the standard mod with just the 2 tracks has the same problem.
    If any of the AI is the #6 Spark F1 then you too will have webbed hands.

What I could do for next update, is to filter out this faulty #6 F1 Spark then no more webbed hands.
    ##Edit## tested that and works :).

@Mydriaz thanks for testing, that is good to hear.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  4. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh I know the spiderman drivers have been a problem for a while and I know it`s not just your mod DJC.

Good to hear removing the #6 Spark fixes this up though. Look forward to it. :)

5. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy Fans of Mirrors,

Works fine on my machine. I have double checked, there are no older versions of any tracks on my computer.

I do not have the ARi mod on my computer.

Mirrors work on all 60s cars and at all tracks except "Campfire". None of my mirrors seem to be working there... No biggie.

Some people have said that the Get Mod doesn't work on my server because, it was requiring them to get older versions of some of the tracks... Is it possible that some of you guys/gals are trying to install the older WRC all tracks vMOD?

I only have the current version of the tracks on my home computer and my NRT server.

So, if this vMOD is installed on my two machines, without any older versions of anything installed, why is it that it is asking other people for older versions of tracks?

The only thing I've noticed, that doesn't seem correct, is that in Single Player; the icon for the vMOD in the main window shows the icon for WRC all tracks icon. I don't have that vMOD on my system.

I'm not too sure how much time I would be spending trying to fix the fix... Sooner or later iSi will give our mirrors back to us!

Until then, I hope this helps,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
  6. tjc

tjc Registered

Do you have working mirrors at Spa Bryan?

7. Bryan Birtwell

tjc,

No... I don't have mirrors at Spa. They are blacked out, unlike Campfire, where they are gray.

Does this help?

Bryan

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh thanks Bryan, that`s the norm to have no mirrors at Spa... I just asked because you said in your last post:

"Mirrors work on all 60s cars and at all tracks except "Campfire"."

So I was just wondering if you had them working at Spa was all.

:)

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for testing and reporting bugs. nice little beta testers you all are.

In the 1st post is new 1.02 version.

Now includes fix for F1 cars having Spiderman gloves. Webbed hands now be gone. :).
    Added Monaco track (that I forgot in v1.00). Mirrors tested and work.
    Added small series icon as requested.
    File size now smaller 499kb. It's amazing how small vMods are when you replace the default pictures with your own :).

Bug I found with build 118, (nothing to do with my vmod), if you have a vMod loaded in singe player, then you exit, then delete that same mod in Mod Manager, then rFactor will fail to load I found. Best switch to a different mod before exiting game to uninstall. Just thought I would let you know if you bump into this. If you can not load rfactor, load up multiplayer, pick a different mod. exit, then it should work again.

enjoy

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I split MODERN and HISTORICS

In future with more circuits by Series, country, anything easy to make mod, upload, download and install.

Others sims if I join some guys and they tell me to get 20 tracks I have to find seperate links, extract to temp and check then copy and paste then hope I have all the right versions.

rF2 one click download torrent, no need to check files , download mod, 20 tracks click click click, Mod click, all done.

No matter whether people use old version, new, big, small, black, white, it does not matter does it, they all as easy as above. ?

Can't understand people getting their knickers in a knot. :p

As for mods there is no reason to uninstall them till you have a chance to close rF2 and re open mod manager. I don't know if that a bug as certain files may being written like the inis if rF2 is still open.

Better yet for me I do a fresh install with new mods I make or after a few track versions
    ( backup your ROAMING/.rFactor folder and controller, MP, setups and rubber )
    ..........then add only the latest track versions.

Must take all of oh 10 minutes. ? :)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I pose you a dilemma.

The MAIN point to a SSD for sims I get told on forums is to boot them fast, yes ? okay I agree, they not much use for anything else are they were sims are concerned.

Now I dont know about all you but my GTR GTL rFactor archive of tracks are around 30GB each
    They are not extracted and that includes only the latest versions.

If I had all versions they would be 100+GB each easy.

So when rF2 has 200 tracks 20GB+ ( never takes as long as you think ) you will mostly likely
    have a average of 3 up to 6 versions of tracks 60-GB+ is my guess.

Plus don't forget you must include the packages and the install versions size if you keep all your stuff in rF2 on the SSD.

Then you have the size of a track torrent will be 20GB of tracks you need and 40GB you need to run old versions with no fixes......... I am assuming that is what updates are for, to fix things. lol

So a third of a 120GB SSD is going to be used for stuff you do not really need.

Pretty expensive storage.

BTW: I run my packages from a archive on a cheap Sata but that is besides the point. :)

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Sweet!

Thanks DJC. Will test this out later and report back but it`s all sounding very good and no more spiderman drivers...

;)

:)

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok Mr. DJ...

Have had a quick test with v1.02 and happy to report all is well with the cars/tracks I`ve tested. Mirrors look lovely and no more spiderman drivers. :cool:

One thing though, mirrors are still blacked out at Monza 10K but working at Monza...

14. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you for your new release.
    You make those cars look more real and it becomes much more fun to drive :)

15. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Version 1.03 22-11-12
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    sorry guys, another version. The last version the file name was too long. Single player no problem, but going online sometimes there would be no cars to pick unless you first load this mod up in single player then go online with it.
    I've shortened the file name hopefully this should fix the problem. Surprised this bug is still in build 118.

Download in 1st post of this thread. Sorry about that.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

No worries DJC... good to have things updated and working at their best. :)

17. Bryan Birtwell

DJC,

Any chance of getting some kind of tutorial, on how to modify the rfm files to add the BT-20 as the pace car?

I tried messing around with the MAS2.exe thingie... but that seemed to get me no where.

I really want to be able to go back to just having one track per vMOD on my server again, and have mirrors (yes, I want it all).

Too many problems with keeping up with all the tracks... be it internet speed or what have you.

Any help you could give would be great!

Thanks,

Bryan

18. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Works fine for me. Thanks for this DJC.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Hey djc, is it possible to use mirror fix with single track vmod?

20. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered