2023 Q2 Build Update and Hot-Fix

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by John Ratcliff, May 17, 2023.

1. Iketani

Iketani Registered

Yes, exactly, I like very much the GT3, GTE, etc. 3D models I see well but for example the sound mixing is wrong in plenty of cars, including Audi R8 GT3, Porsche Cup, etc.

2. Lionel Oliveira

Lionel Oliveira Registered

They also need to fix the drivers on AMD cards, it's the only game I can't play on newer drivers, this should have been fixed along time ago, but they refuse to do it

Juan Cofiño and Iketani like this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You're joking, right? Refuse to do it? Are you their therapist or something?

They're working on it. Last I saw from Devin (albeit some weeks ago now) they had found some things but were finding it harder to track down the cause than they'd thought/hoped. But hey, since there's no fix yet go ahead and make a judgement on their intentions. Why not.

@Iketani if work on LMU means there's no content coming for rF2, and presumably most coding time will go into LMU as well, wouldn't that make old content updates/fixes less likely?

atomed, Bostrom, Emery and 1 other person like this.
  4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Just had an update through steam. 1.4 gig, watched it update packages (44 in all) all official content, GT3's Touring cars and, surprisingly, Honda Civic, no patchnotes, somethings afoot! Anyone heard anything on this?

5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Bloody heck its now updating again! This time 1.2GB. What gives?

6. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

My update was 158.1 MB

7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

For anyone out and about, maybe at work and has'nt got time to read update, i've made a quick video reading out the major points of the changelog so you can listen to it on you're phone if you like!

buzz hornet, datasting and DJCruicky like this.
  9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Well done S397. Thank you.

10. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Well happy about Toban & Atlanta, Great tracks!

11. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

Totally agree, playing with drivers from May 2022...!

12. Emery

Emery Registered

After watching the AI for a couple hours on different aggression settings (it's too hot to go outdoors this week and do the useful things I should be doing), you can see the AI try steering too much, using too large of inputs, when around other cars which makes for car-to-car collisions and going off-track, reminiscent of PCARS 2 AI on their opening lap.

For demonstration purposes, I used the Skip Barber in groups of from 10 to 60 as I was mostly interested in measuring fps limits. Given enough straight (e.g. Le Grand Circuit), it's like watching restrictor plate racing with bump drafting and getting runs on the wad in front. It mostly works at 5 AI Aggression and definitely doesn't work at 25 or 50 AI Agression as they'll eventually just pile up in a big wad.

They also don't back off for braking zones, so the slightest extra slowdown by the car in front causes an impressive chain reaction collision.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  13. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Yep, real hot up here in BC too,@Emery. Got time to do a humorous replay of the wadding?;)

14. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I've found a high aggression setting never really works, it seems to create some very erratic behaviour and a lot of crashes with all the cars I've tried with a high setting. I found with the last AI update for rF2 the Enduracers mod was very erratic and would crash a lot and was unplayable. I cured the problem by deleting the all the talent files in the mod, the mod now plays correctly with out any problems. I've run a few races with mod tracks and DLC tracks and have had no problems. Maybe the talent files for other cars could also be the problem with bad AI behaviour. Just a thought.

hitm4k3r, atomed, Emery and 2 others like this.
  15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

how is the AI with only official content (I only use official content) ? can we use finally 100% aggression ? if not, AI is not fixed at all, is the AI very close to each other in a train file ? I find them too much close, the funny thing is AMS2, the AI is probably the best....

16. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Sorry for the late response, that doesn't work either. The same thing happens; the downloaded file is empty.

17. redapg

redapg Registered

"Late" is no Problem, but let's move to the Thread about my Tools, to not flood this one with off topic Posts.
    And please tell me there, which Browser you use.

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The talent files are at fault. At 100 %.

I haven't come around to test rF2 related stuff all that much the last couple of months but I thought I would investigate the AI updates a bit further as the huge variance of reports and experiences shared by users made me wonder why for some people the AI works and for some they don't. The last couple of days I decided to have a bit of a go again and tried some 3rd party content and was annoyed how terrible the AI behaved in the V8 Supercars mod from 2018. That was at Adelaide with my usual AI settings and 26 cars. The AI worked pretty normal in practice sessions, but in qualifying most drivers didn't set a time and at the start of the race with a fast rolling start they wouldn't make it around the last corner and pile up before the race even started. It was the essence of the AI being PC2 like and borderline ragequit mode. I also tried a race with the fantastic Australian Super Cup skin pack for the 992 and suddenly everything was back to normal. Couple of days later I decided to race the Indycars at Gateway and St. Petersburgs ... everything completely normal and butter smooth. So I started to wonder if this is the same game? A day later I decided to download the 2022 Indycar skinpack from RD that comes with an optional talent files pack. When I installed that talent pack the AI was back to ragequit mode, a complete mess, no qualy times, huge pile ups during qualy and race. After uninstalling the talent files it worked flawless again besides some issues that are down to the AIW of St. Pete. Now today I went all in and removed the different talent entries in the RCD files of the V8 Supercars mod and guess what? They all set a time during qualy, they all make it around the last turn and they all manage to race somewhat clean with some sensable incidents here and there. FCY should occure every now and then.

To sum it up: keep clear of talent files. :(

And on a last note: I haven't investigated any further, but some of the talent entries have very wierd ranges. This is just a guess but a driver with a qualy talent of 65, a minraceskill of 70 and a heavy crash tendency and terrible startskill will most likely not make it around the last turn at Adelaide during a rolling start procedure. As there is also a seperate agression setting for each driver it might explain why the overall agression setting doesn't work during a race. This is just a thought but maybe those values should be scaled based on the skill level and the limiter that people set in the race settings. Because as it stands now, you have AI cars driving around with heavy crash tendency and a skill of 70 together with AI cars that perform normal. That's not gonna work obviously.

JoeP1, Corgan, Emery and 2 others like this.
  19. Roninho

Roninho Registered

I have a question about this. I just did a 90 minutes race with the idt champcar mod on the Laguna Seca laserscanned track.
    AI works great, good fighting, no stupid crashes, etc.

Just one main issue and that is the AI that is about to be lapped is impossible to overtake for other AI, and very very difficult for me to overtake. The AI actually defends the position, for example when i try to make the pass in the last corner (before s/f straight) the ai actively tries to block the inside line. And when you pass they actively try to repass you.

As a result the fastest AI is behind an about to be lapped car for over 10 laps, and obviously loses a lot of time. This kills all the immersion.

I will test it at other tracks (especially since Laguna is a b*tch to overtake anyway) but what is a possible workaround to make this playable? Any settings to adjust in the player (or other) files?

20. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Not sure if that is the reason. Maybe mistakes in the talent file.
    But i just did a 90 minutes race with a mod that has talent files (that work, the guys supposed to be fast are fast, the slow ones are slow). And no issues in practice, qualifying and race. No strange crashes, everyone setting a fast lap in quali etc.

davehenrie likes this.