2023 Q2 Build Update and Hot-Fix

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by John Ratcliff, May 17, 2023.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Example for still existing problems with the AI
    Tatuus F3 at Monza - 100% strenght, 25% aggression, 5% limiter. The car in the red circle seems not to recognize that the pink car in front is braking before the chicane and rams it with high speed and pushes it at the car before.
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 194134.png

Screenshot 2023-07-31 194219.png
    Ending like this in 4 of 5 racestarts as most of the following cars ram also
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 194256.png

sg333, Bernat, Simonk and 1 other person like this.
  2. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Registered

Sporadic errors like this one, for me, is a positive factor, makes them human like (like when we overtake them and they outbrake themselves in the next turn).
    As long as they are sporadic, random in nature, it's really a plus for me. Robotic Ai are not very welcome in my book ;).

Rui Santos and Balazs Magyar like this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think using the race restart option has been mentioned in the past as a contributor to AI mayhem.

4. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Sounds like a "catch 22" scenario. My main reason to use that feature is usually due to AI errors to begin with. :)

Although, UI errors may sometimes be involved.
    (UI = User Intelligence).

5. Simonk

Simonk Registered

If you press ESC then restart, the AI appear to be more aggressive. If you ESC to garage and restart race from there instead, the AI will behave normally.

davehenrie and RaceNut like this.
  6. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Registered

They try to convince us Ai is not yet conscious, but if I got a good start and then my user restarts the race, I would also be more aggressive next time :mad: :D

7. Simonk

Simonk Registered

For those not on Discord:
    An update to our Multiplayer AI issues we had last week. I deleted the Player and Multiplayer json files off the server so the game would generate new ones and this completely solved the issue. Tested at Silverstone where it was almost impossible to survive the first lap and now I survive 100% of the time. We have just completed 1 hour at Nurburgring GP in GT3s, 4 of us against 35 AI and there were no incidents with the AI and we all had some tough battles against them. Very happy to have solved this. I suspect deleting the two files could also help those with issues in Single player???

8. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Interesting, I've had quite a few cases of being punted by AI cars behind me, even if I yield to let them pass. They seem blind to player car in front of them at times (in SP).

9. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Is this with official content or third party? I haven’t had any issues with the S397 GT3s in single player but had major problems with my mod cars.

10. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Just want to say, I deleted my player.json out of curiosity (and boredom, lol) . Started over with all things involved. I am not going to lie, it was a pain in the ass to set everything up again. Years of tweaks and "adjustments.." :rolleyes:
    But...
    There is definitely is a difference in the way the AI race in single player/offline now and I am glad I did it. I have had this game installed for YEARS and considering all the updates they did since I first installed, many changes have been made to the game over the years. It is much better now after starting fresh. :)

atomed and Simonk like this.
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

@JustDave Do you maybe have a Backup of your old player.JSON?
    I have a Tool on my Website, with that you can compare 2 player.JSON Files and transfer Settings from one to the other.
    (never delete it, without to make a backup of it :))
    I did make it, for exactly that Reason that you describe.

12. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

At least in some cases, I know there were mod-cars involved. That's most likely the issue but, I may start fresh with a new player profile, anyway.

13. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Very nice! Bookmarked for future use, thank you very much.

14. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I can't get this tool to work. It uploads both files and I can compare the settings, but when I transfer the settings to the new file and save it, the file is empty. I tried Firefox and Edge.

15. redapg

redapg Registered

I have tested it with Firefox and it works as it should.
    Can you please try it with the Tool "Edit player.JSON", that is below of that Tool?
    Does that work for you?

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

What’s about Q3 release?!

17. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Chatter on discord has a code update (plus the new CS) coming soon™ no new content though, S397 staff are busy with LMU. Until there is an official announcement we’re really all just guessing.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
  18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

So we won’t have any new content until the end of the year?! From what I know LMU will be released at the end of the year!!! Lol

19. Iketani

Iketani Registered

That's the best news, stop releasing new content and fix and improve the current content. There are a lot of cars and things to improve (physics, performance, sounds, tire model.........).

marmagas, JoeP1, sg333 and 4 others like this.
  20. sg333

sg333 Registered

The GT3 physics update was really nice, but some of the 3D models and materials look awful.