GP-2015 mod [cancelled]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Navigator, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay guys, I got a new test version.
    I changed a lot, trying to keep the character the same.
    But with all I did, it might feel different a bit and might even feel worse; please let me know if that is the case.

Some changes;

Added engine mapping settings; work them with "increment boost" and "decrement boost".
    Note that -like in real life- you should upper the setting a bit at Monza for instance to get higher top speed. Every setting adds 115 rpm to the limit (and turbo pressure).
    Be aware that the rev limit lights still act on the default maximum rpm; 12.000. If you want to make use of the extra power/rpm, you should pass those lights......for now, until I find away to fix that.
    There are a few settings; rain 1-3, race 1-4, qualifying 1-2
    Off course you use the qualifying settings in race too when you can spare the fuel (not really calculated in yet).

Sounds have been changed a bit but although minor; you should be able to hear the difference.

Tires; still going from the medium tire, but "the others" are a bit adjusted to them. They need testing though.

Chassis and hdv changes; a lot......can't even remember.
    Also the engine.......
    Fixed gearing settings; hope they are alright.
    Spend a lot of time to get the top speeds okay, but can't remember all the changes, so please let me know if the car drives worse or you like it less now.
    I can't seem to see/feel that myself anymore after spending to much time testing all kinds of settings.......

Anyway, here it is, version 0.62: EDIT; link corrected due to a mistake of mine. Now up the new link, version 0.63:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

nice! been waiting on the update :) DLing it now

3. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Nav, day off tomorrow so some serious seat time coming up. Cheers

4. TJones

TJones Registered

Thank you very much ! :)

5. martin

martin Registered

Love driving this car very well done nav

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Guys, I'm very, very sorry, but I made a (small) mistake in all the fuzz here. Please stop downloading until I have put up version 0.63

I have put the wrong tires in there :(
    Changed it, uploading now and I will get the old link out of there.
    But please don't take this one for a serious test!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT: new link with 0.63 now up on page 9.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Also shot a little "promotional video" so you all buy this for a 100 USD when its done :)
    No, just kidding off course; all I make will always be free.

Wanted to show the car in the new build and on the new track; it looks good! :)
    Only problem is; when fraps does that, it looks like crap.......AND it is a large file for a few seconds.
    I have a longer movie, but that one doesn't upload for a while, so starting with the smaller one:

[video]http://www.mediafire.com/watch/41uz25v14u4ddvd/rFactor2_2015-04-05_23-56-31-37.avi[/video]

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Well 2 hrs at Malaysia and apart from the glorious track improvement all I can say is AMAZING.. the car I feel is harder to drive on the limit but with some changes to preload, rear 3rd spring and boost settings I was able to tame it for a race stint and using incremental boost when I had the courage was able to gain some places with caution , very right foot dependant to keep the rears under control both on track wise and temp wise. So immersive ,I was IN the race!!!! I would do it all over again right now if I wasn't so worn out and sweating so much.. Love the sound improvements both in car and track side ,the turbo whine when slowing into a slow corner from track side is 100% spot on !!. Without Motec I cant give any firm conclusions to how tyres and fuel degrade and consume but I had to pit around laps 18 with mediums as I started loosing about 3 ths a lap ( race pace was 1 41's very early then low 1 40's mid stint. and then slowed away) minimal testing for race set for tyre preservation so Im guessing mediums could do a lot longer if required.. More testing to come. Thanks so much Navigator , brilliant!!

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks Navigator.

I suggest you update your first post with a link to current version, and users will always know were to look for the last version of your mod (in the first post).

10. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you for this update. I love turbo sound when down shifting. Very very addictive !

Envoyé depuis mon SM-N9005 avec Tapatalk

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx Nav that sounds all very promising. Hope tonight I can spend some time to do some laps with the beast :D

cheers

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ Bwana, thanks for the feedback.
    Would you mind sending me your setup so I can compare to mine? If we both do the same; I can shift the default a bit.
    Did you notice that the tire wear goes faster when the mapping is more agressive? Driving a race at highest; you pay the price :)

@Lgel,
    That is an idea, yes. I didn't do it up untill now because the one at the first page is the "official demo" and should drive "better" than the later test versions; those are just for people wiling to test and don't mind a flaw here and there (not that they are not in the demo ;) )
    But I can update the post with the link and a good description of what it is; just a try out that may even be worse than the demo.

I'll do that tonight when I get home; difficult right now.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

13. argo0

argo0 Registered

Looking forward to trying this. Thanks for your work Nav, much appreciated.

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Navigator impressive work and progress. I did my laps today on VL_M Sebring 2.0 (because I know there every corner,curp and bump).
    All in all I can not say more as bwana reported in his post (and I now he is a fast guy and if remember me correct you also ;) SR4L)
    I've used the soft tire and the heating of the tire was (for me) as expected and that's a good thing. About the wear I can't say anything because
    the most time I have to fight with the car ((THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOD) :D and my poor knowledge about tuning the setup) and as a result a lot of mistakes happen :p

What I really like is that I can feel a very wide and detailed feedback from the car. I'm still in the learning process to manage this.
    it is a real (but possible) challenge and that mate is the main reason why I'm here.

Many many thanks for this excellent mod.

What are your planned next steps ?

15. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks Alpha-Bravo.

Planned next steps......hmm.......what not is a better question :)
    Refining: engine, tires, chassis/physics; all is "just" rough now. It is just in the direction I wanted it; now its time for tuning. More feel, more real, better feedback in the wheel, better handling because of that and so on.

My main concern at this point is how to get the shift/rpm lights working with the adjusted rpm; boost up=higher rpm, but how do I let the lights go on later?

Also; the boost is a very, very rough version and has a lot of room for improvement.
    Sound........I want that better; adding some more "real life sounds" and so on.

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Done! :)

Cleaned up the first post a bit too.

17. bwana

bwana Registered

Did another session Nav and its way to risky to run high turbo boost for anymore than passing attempts or to get within DRS detection. Id love to see motec comparison of full throttle percentage per lap from low to mid to high boost.. at low boost I find myself driving at 80/90 % a lot which seems about right when you watch actual onboard vision.. the added power certainly gets rears hotter if not careful .. have sent set. :) a lot of changes and whether they are right or wrong Im not sure but its the car Im happiest with..

edit , after adjusting so much of your default set Nav, I thought Id best return to it to see if Im heading in the right direction. One thing yours is a lot more stable I feel ,I can actually breath each lap but mine is around a second faster with more wing.. but takes a lot more concentration.Im not sure but Id ignore my set really atm.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
  18. bwana

bwana Registered

Btw. A lot of 2 wheel stunt driving going on by Al at the exit of T2 ? slightly to much lateral grip ? They don't roll but come close

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks Bwana; I look into your setup anyway as I curious of "what way you went" for you to have a better/faster feeling.

The AI; haha, I'm surprised they even drive! :)
    I haven't done anything and the files for them may be totally ridiculous. I do that when the car is finished so I can get them as close as possible to the mod. But the mod changes every day for now, so no use in doing work on them.

20. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered