[WIP] Palatov Motorsport D4

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Very realistic looking compared to the online pics of the real ones on track! Great job :)

But I suspect the orangey-red ones might look a little overdone, but so do all the ISI cars with those colours, so hopefully that gets fixed by ISI in the near future.

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

nice progress, thanks 4 sharing the pics

4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

And sure, VirtualR continues to ignore this mod:rolleyes:

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

We are just before the beginning of the mod history and I have so many things to be fixed and made that I think they have a lot of time to write about it. I released today the 9th private build for testing (with a couple of people and also the testing driver of the manufacturer) and only the classes using the atmospheric engine (Custom with base configuration and Trackday) are working at a good level.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am not concerned about announcements of thing until it is close to release--even beta. But the point is true that other early WIP stuff gets "announced" regularly. It can be helpful to gauge support and sometimes the publicity connects an author with people who are willing or able to help.

And P.S., the orange looks great!

8. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Nice new project Slow Motion, looks interesting can't wait to give it a go:cool:

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

very amazing, afaik the first rF2 addon car with fully support from the producer of the original car. Could be a very interesting project, for the modding team, the community and ISI ;)

10. boxer

boxer Registered

Looks very good...:)

11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Testing at Lime Rock.
    [​IMG]

12. Jordan Meagher

Jordan Meagher Registered

Mate this looks like fun awesome work .. and yea VR is full of unfinished AC mods but next to nothing for the rf2 modding going on in here !

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

looks good :)

14. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Awsome. Did you use truelightsHDR for the screenshot? What time was the screenie taken?

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

This car is looking very sharp. It's not my kind of thing but when it's out it might become.

Start any Group C car and see how quickly that will get picked up. Regardless of game.

16. dpalatov

dpalatov Registered

it's great to see the progress! we actually used rFactor1 in our preparation for the 2012 Pikes Peak race (we won the Unlimited class that year) and i'm looking forward to the improved accuracy of the current software and mod. would be great to see our other models in the sim, too, after the D4 is done.

17. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

Great to see that you Mr. Palatov are following and helping with the development of this mod

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

A new version of PP is in the works, too!

Most of us are looking forward to this car and yes, thanks for collaborating with the author. The best mods are the most accurate mods and the most accurate mods can only happen with manufacturer co-operation.

Although lots of sim racers are in to fantasy cars (i.e., cars that could never be afforded or that require high-level racing licenses), lots are also into Skip Barber/F2000 because it's closer to something you could actually rent/drive or buy. And they are a ton of fun and closer to the reality skill level of the racer. We need street and race cars that are accessible to an enthusiast audience. Your Palatov looks like exactly that. I am sure you will get lots of inquiries AFTER people feel what it is like in the sim. If you are really smart, you'll make sure the one here is very accurate and then get people to test drive it virtually as both a marketing approach and as a pragmatic way to better prepare customers who are coming to try or buy the real ones!

19. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

If you're asking me, the answer is maybe. I have it installed, but I don't know if it's on.

20. dpalatov

dpalatov Registered

glad to hear on Pikes Peak. we're looking to run this year with a supercharged D2 and with very limited RL practice available having a reasonably accurate sim will help a lot. for those interested here's onboard video from our 2012 run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI2M3rGi7wA

we've had the D4 in rF1 for quite some time and also have it (and the D1) in simraceway. hasn't really generated any sales so far :) but even so, i like to see people enjoying our cars whether in RL or in sims and am happy to provide whatever support i can for the mods.

from our perspective, by far the most value we've gotten from sims is the ability to test changes back to back, as well as get an overall performance ballpark before RL tests. aside from the ability to get familiar with a new track before heading out there at speed, what we can do in development is tweak a parameter in the sim, run a few laps and get an idea of how it affects the lap time. this helps us identify the 'low hanging fruit'. for example if we put on 50% more downforce and only get a small improvement (as can be the case on both really low speed and really high speed tracks) we know our time is probably better spent looking at other things. same goes for power, tire grip, etc. it really helps prioritize and focus RL development. the more accurate the mod the more useful it is of course, so we have the incentive there.