[WIP] Palatov Motorsport D4

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Open beta testing started!

In the meantime I'd like to inform a little bit more about the new structure of the mod.

What we see into the rFactor2 UI, series selection: Palatov Motorsport ---> D4 ----> 4 classes ----> 20 vehicles per class
    The 4 classes are:
    - Custom (that allows all available options, to be considered like a "laboratory car", useful for potential owners of the real car that can test different engines, mechanical and body parts, etc.)
    - Hillclimb (few options and ONLY the LONG LASTING SET of tires with real wear and degradation - strictly closed to the real Hillclimb vehicle)
    - Trackday (few options and ONLY the LONG LASTING SET of tires with real wear and degradation - strictly closed to the real Trackday vehicle)
    - Trackday Multiplayer (few options and ONLY the SIM LASTING SET of tires with higher wear and degradation to match the SIM purposes)
    For Hillclimb class, in case of MP, the suggestion is to apply the multiplier for tire wear depending of the duration of the race!

Some more in details about the tires:
    - set of 3 compounds available: R D.O.T. (radial) - Racing Slick (the most performing) - Wet // all manufacturer by Hoosier https://www.hoosiertire.com/rrtire.htm
    - to matches the needs of the simracing we have added the Trackday Multiplayer class, that differs of the Trackday ONLY for the wear and degradation curves of the tires.
    - so remember tire are the same for compounds and all the rest of the features, with the exclusion of wear/degradation.

We toke this decision to respect the real tires (and how the real car has been equipped) but the real tires with the Trackday last for 1,000 - 1,500 miles depending of the compound! And cannot matches the requisites of a simrace.
    For this reason the Trackday Multiplayer has been equipped with a set of tires that last for a reasonable "sim" time.

Currently we are still working on the Hillclimb that has now equipped with the new 2015 Hayabusa Turbo Stage II 8 (351.6 hp and the total weight of the Hillclimb is 410 kilos...) and a new rear wing. All needs to be tuned!

2. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

351.6HP and 410 Kg ummm [​IMG]

3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First round of tests done!
    I'm fixing a little detail into the 2015 dash and then we have to think seriously to compare new the engine sound (at least for the atmospheric) with the current one: does somebody offer his skill? In case please PM me, thank you.

The Trackday is "perfect" in the behavior and closed to the real-world car: this is a great pleasure for us!

Now I'm working on new physic for the Hillclimb version, decreasing the max speed and balancing the downforce of the car to have a drivable car that must be similar to the Trackday, but much more performing!
    After the internal tests, we'll start the second round.

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i just found out about this mod after seeing it mentioned in another thread, i see the beta is open but dont know where the link is!

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just read above:

6. raul999

raul999 Registered

where i can download the wip version? pleaase

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

If you can`t read, nowhere...

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Another quick update: second round of tests just started! We have still pending only the Wet tire and consequently the tuning of AIs vs humans in case of rain. All the rest seems completed.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

*ThumbsUp!*

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

11. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Another quick update just to confirm that everything seems to run great and tests are going ahead.

I'm also pleased to inform that the D4 tires are built for working allowing the CPM (Contact Patch Model) as soon as ISI will introduce it...

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Good stuff SM. Keep up the good work. :)

14. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

Will it be released with the new tyre model, or will it be an update?

15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

The D4 already mounts the new tyre model for each compound as well as the latest changes to the "old" TBC for dry/wet. Obviously, when in the future ISI will update the code activating other features (variable temp depending of surface and conditions, puddles/standing water/aquaplaning) we'll see if current values in the D4 will work nice.

16. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you, I hope people will enjoy the mod. I'm "aged" like a good whiskey and I'm more confident in driving the Trackday and for sure, after a couple of laps for warming the tires up, driving the car is something of beautiful: how the car reacts is great.

18. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

I can only confirm this. This car is awesome!!!

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered