[WIP] Palatov Motorsport D4

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Dec 28, 2014.

1. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Lookin' good there, SlowMotion...especially the car colors ;-)
    :cool:

2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

lol...

BTW, visor mod now works, rear suspensions work, discglow set, etc...

Seriously, about skins I'm waiting for the original vectorial files of logos and texts, design, etc... by the manufacturer. Then we'll start to work on them.

3. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

This looks great, and with full manufacturer support!

4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I hope that the monotone colour schemes (drivers perfectly matching the cars) are just temporary ;)

Even with these "plain" colours, the cars already look very realistic. Can't wait for a physics-almost-complete test version :)

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Marc, I planned 3 different skins for Custom, Hillclimb and Trackday, both in 10 main colours. But drivers and helmets will match the car's colours. As you wrote, nothing is final and of course the manufacturer will take his choice.
    A quick update: I'm working on tires and for the slick compounds I think to be on the right way about the grip for both. About wear I need to know how long do the real tires, to see if the can be set in the same way ingame or if I need to increase the wear and degradation for nicer races. About wet tires... uhm... the car is very light and great wetness give you low chances to survive, LoL!

In general, the car equipped with the basic engine is very fast but still for humans and it is fantastic (but tiring) driving in corners, exciting!!!
    The Hayabusa Turbo II 2015 is not for me, LoL... everything becomes difficult but I hope that increasing the speed in corners, more and more, can give a chance to have the car stable during acceleration. The rule is always the same: less sudden changes in speed, more stability and for aliens it works!
    But in the next weeks I hope to have a report by real drivers of these monsters to know if I'm on the right way.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Something about the graphics of the cars looks very un-rFactor 2-ish. It looks much more modernized. Very, very nice :)

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I agree. The Shadows being hideously jaggy annoy me on it though (I realize that's a sim, not a mod issue. At least I think it is?)

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The low res shadows ruin just about every otherwise fine looking rF2 scenes!

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You and they can choose colours, of course, but perhaps others could chime-in here to give feedback before a final decision. And you know how much I respect your work, so please don't take this the wrong way, but having the car, driver helmet, driver uniform and diver gloves all in an identical colour makes it look like a cartoon or super-hero or some fantastic scenario rather than cars at a race track. The colours themselves also also not typically found on race cars. Yes, if you Google Image Palatov you will see some of the plain-bodied cars, but not in a rainbow selection of colours. I just want this to be as realistic-looking as possible because i) these little beasts should be a blast to drive and, ii) I want this mod to be received well in the broader community so it helps you and Palatov, since we need more manufacturers to do the same thing! :)

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

As you know Marc, I'm always ready and happy to have feedback. I'll discuss your idea, but in the meantime, if you like to PM me a more detailed idea about the suit and helmets... because in any case I'd like to have 10 of them recalling the same design.

12. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Just one thing, you can add a full black alpha layer for the lcd background, like for the speed, gear, pos, and place, and any others, cause the rF shows just the number where is the "plane" mesh for these object. If you dont make a full black alpha layer, you will see the background on the lcd, like on your last screenshot.

13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

thank you Tommy, in effect it appears only in HDR mode. In the past, I made the motec of the Abarth in a different way and I didn't notice this problem. Now I know the why, thanks again!

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

15. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Seriously excited for this!

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

This will be good.

One small thing, sorry for the nitpicking... is there any way to give the cockpit a bit more "life"? I know it's hard when the real cockpit itself has no details to speak of... maybe some wear and weathering? I do realize it's dev mode so maybe with a bit of sun and shade it will become great either way.

17. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Car looks fun!

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh this is going to be immensely exciting to drive, what a great view. :)

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

20. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Batmobile?!