So...whos trying pcars too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

@GUI Refund pCars = Online subs for rF2. You know you want to :)

2. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

"Project CARS is the most authentic, beautiful, intense, and technically advanced racing game on the planet."
    Note they aren't claiming to be a hardcore sim in that description , probably must people who will buy it in November don't want it to be and will play it on the less realistic settings .

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

[​IMG]

4. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

For a long time pCars are horrible in terms of FFB and physics for me (used to race in rF1, rF2, AC, Simbin titles) but I have to recognize they're improved a lot. 786 build seems to me very nice in terms of physics.

Regarding to GFX, it's unbeatable.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Need a lobotomy for buying AC and pCARS .............I do.

............anyways.

lol

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It's funny how SMS is getting hammered for having day one paid DLC when it's pretty much the norm nowadays. Just goes to show you how fanboyism is so embedded in sim racing. Nobody said dick when kunos announced Spa will be day one paid DLC if you don't buy into the "pre release".

7. yusupov

yusupov Registered

probably cuz they didnt say that, genius

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Shh, don't feed the misinformed troll.

9. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

My advise to the doubters of Pcars; expect a very good GranTourismo/Forza type racing/driving model and you will probably be very happy. Beyond that, some people may be surprised with how good it drives and others will always hate on it just like any other title - period. There are only 2 cars using the latest FFB revisions with combined advanced physics testing & tweaks from the pros and those cars drive really good. Of the other cars receiving high marks from Ben and Nic, they are feeling quite good as well IMO.

In order to really give Pcars a fair chance at this point, you have to know what is going on behinds the scenes by following physics/FFB development discussions as well as comments from the consultants or you simply won't be able to make much sense of the progress being made. Don't have time for that? Fine, then at least admit to not knowing much about how things work and stop slagging off about the title. Undermining development is only serving to prove that much of the general gaming public is not to be trusted to help develop such a title. It's sad that so many are missing a great opportunity to be involved in such a unique experience while dwelling on petty crap that may or may not have happened in the past.

How many here can say that they really have the experience in how Pcars development compares to that of rF2, iRacing or AC? Those that really know are generally smart enough to understand the reasons for not criticizing competing titles. Every title has it's strong points and faults. Pcars is going to bring some new features, incredible graphics, sounds and more to the race-game/race-sim genre. Why any game enthusiast would work to undermine the success of such a title is beyond me.

As for the advertising going into promote the title, that's just business - isn't it? What do you expect them to say? "Meh, it's okay - you might want to try it." Also, keep in mind that SMS are working with a distributor with expertise in marketing. SMS is still making the decisions as to how the game turns out - not a publisher that is only interested in the bottom line.

Regarding comments relating to general console-ports, that's not a fair comparison. Pcars is a PC-title being ported to consoles. That's not to say that there aren't any overlaps what-so-ever but, it's certainly not the typical way things work on multi-platform game development.

Try Pcars when it's out, try it on a friends PC if you don't want to take the chance. Wait for reviews from trusted sources (if they even exist in some minds) and then make your decision. Being negative towards a title that could very well turn out to be quite spectacular is only going to make you look foolish and petty. Good luck with that. Try having a bit of faith instead, look at the evidence of the effort and energy going into development and recognize the positive things that will come from it. Pcars will raise the racing-game/sim bar in new ways, maybe bring in some new people, talent, interest and improved attitudes (much-needed judging by some in here).

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I guess that comes from a believer.
    Well, believers belong to religions, not sims.

On a racing sim, truth is what your steering wheel says through your palms.
    Last two years pCars said to me much less things than RF2, so Im done with it till it catches up.

I honestly hope it does, its such a great looker, but looks here arent enough, sorry.

Not really, I dont want to spend my time behind their scenes, I bet they wouldnt too behind mine ;)

11. @RaceNut

That is the most professional response I have ever read regarding the whole process/promotion and development regarding the whole SMS/PCars title.

Personally you should offer to re write the promo product description, I am sure you would do a better job then what has been written.

In all seriousness and without jest or mocking, I think PCars will do well as a console platform and will be a strong competitor towards Forza and Grand Turismo.

But unfortunately that is where my belief ends regarding the game in its self. I have tested from day one and retested again a couple of weeks ago, but still each time I read the same statement regarding the same problems..
    But yet every time I try/test everything I get the same feeling, the motion and movement of the car feels like its moving on one single pivot that is far too close to the centre view, (like driving a bumper car) which make me feel ill and dizzy.

As an arcade console game it will be impressive but as a pc sim it will always be behind the rest in physics and movement IMHO.

As far as advertising goes, I feel SMS/PCars constantly make claims that it will be the best in the world!!!!! that's a huge claim to make given that there are soo many people stating otherwise.

I guess its just going to be one of them things like Marmite ;)

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

That´s really a good post RaceNut!
    The only thing that makes me curios is that they first implement the cars and after that, in a crazy progression
    adding some random physics one after the other until the community is satisfied, or what?

This is a serious question!
    I can´t get it how this can be the way to do a good racing sim/game!
    First make the graphics might be OK, but how can a physic model change that much and that often
    throughout the beta-process???
    That´s a mystery for me....

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Tread lightly. There is a certain subscription model racing sim that does exactly this and nobody questions the validity of their physics.

Anyway, I'm out as my point is being completely missed here. I'm not a fan of SMS but the crappy end of double standard they receive is unfair.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Cars are put into the game with placeholder physics so other aspects of it can be tested, and as the physics and specific tires are developed they keep getting new revisions based on feedback. It's something built from the ground up so unlike iRacing's revisions - which I don't understand what can be wrong with that but I'm not a troll - it's always pushing on uncharted territory. Sometimes it goes too much one way, sometimes the other, and then parameters are found to push forward. I do believe there's individual tire work going to be done (or at least for a wide variety of cars) but I hope it's all filtered down from three different fronts -> Formula tires, GT tires, "classic" tires, and from those parameters have some values altered to fit the exact class of the cars.

That's why only a select very few cars have gone through a lot of progress as they are the testbeds, so you may find people going crazy running the BMW GT3 or Formula C because those are the two cars with the most development including feedback from pros. I'm sorry I cannot go into detail due to NDA or that my post wasn't as good as racenut's, but I hope to have answered your question. I, like I said, don't care for the GT and rarely touch that F-C (just to check progress). I personally have tried running the car I like the most and see how that is going, I must have logged about 90 minutes total of play since I reinstalled it and began running it again (since about 3 days ago) and really can't wait for a tire model to be approved and locked on for release, so it can be adapted to other cars and so the damn FFB can be reimplemented.

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

16. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

17. speed1

speed1 Banned

I think the men know what they are doing and they will achieve their goal either way, whether each individual like it or not is another thing but that applies to pretty much everything in life. What I can not imagine is that the professionals don't know the goal.

Data-deficient is a handicap but not a primary, more important is the interplay of dynamics and the communication with the player, for example the ffb, tires, visual motion,......etc. , but what I read is not the most enthusiastic and the users do not seem convinced at all, at least outside of WMD.

I do not really think the developer is not aware of what the user base likes, especially the marketing should know what is happening around them, and I'm sure they know the communities and are partly anonymously among us, because gathering of information is an important point for the success.

Actually the responsible programmers know or should have an imagination as it approximately should be to awaken the interest of people, and maybe even win for themselves, and as it is marketed they seem very convinced, but I still do not believe that it in the remaining time will be something groundbreaking regarding physics/ffb when it is published. I would hope so and I also believe in the abilities of the developers involved but the time is running out.

Yet I wish pCars much success and hope there is something I also will like. :)

18. peterchen

peterchen Registered

OK thanks Guimengo!
    Maybe this way they reach theire goal too.

19. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Better, but too many cars still bouncing all over the place.
    It doesn't appear they'll ever get that sorted.

Local files now removed.
    Moving on.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I do. Mostly because a lot of physics feel completely insane. ;)