Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There is a lot happening in LMU right now, just look at the forum or discord. Things not working, things half working, UI options that actually aren't meant to be there, or don't work properly. A tooltip that gave the exact opposite of correct advice for DD wheels.

Day 3 of EA: let's not jump to conclusions just yet. As everyone knows, this is an enhanced rF2. The physics hasn't disappeared. (nor the ways FFB levels are calculated, something many people apparently still have no understanding of...)

MikeV710 and UGM 133A like this.
  2. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

Never claimed there weren't known issues. I know it's EA and what that means, I just kind of assumed the FFB would be more or less copy and pasted from rF2 and honestly was surprised when I realized it's not. I'm no software engineer by any means, so maybe it's not that simple.

The only downside of the FFB issues for me is that I can't really test the rest of the driving experience. I tried driving with the strength turned way down so I don't break a thumb, but then I just couldn't feel anything at all in 80% of scenarios.

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Can we race Nordschleife with a Caterham ? no, so it's not at all an enhanced rF2, it's a numbed rF2....

4. Havner

Havner Registered

That's the rF2 FFB right there. Some cars feel great (e.g. GT3, Porshe Cup Car) and some feel exactly like what you describe. Either you crank up the FFB to feel the car but then break your wrists on road surface or tone down the FFB not the break the wrists but don't feel the car. E.g. the Caterham Academy. I hear it's the same with LMU (good for GTE/LMP2, poor for Hybrids). So I'd say they nailed the FFB in LMU as they did in rF2. All the best and the worst at the same time :D

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have no more issue with the Caterham now, at 35% with a simucube 2 pro, it feels so much alive than the AMS2 version, almost perfect with the auto blip fixed.

6. trichens

trichens Registered

But you're not supposed to be able to race a Caterham on Nordschleife in LMU any more than you can in ACC.

8Ball likes this.
  7. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

He obviously meant the base game engine, no need to be pedantic, it doesn't help anyone. LMU still has potential to be a good WEC sim, and honestly if their success means we get some classic Group C cars with realistic manual transmissions, then I really hope they find success with LMU, because the chances of those cars coming to rF2 are slim to none without LMU.

Only the cars with the "original method" of FFB I have issues with. I actually have a separate controller file that messes with the linearity specifically for those old cars. Any of the the cars after they changed the FFB method I have no problems with, especially the caterham which is one of my favorite cars and something I've driven in real life at Willow springs for a couple dozen laps. The FFB with a SC2 pro is almost exactly 1:1 with the real car.

8. Havner

Havner Registered

You mean the S397 fixed the auto blip or you're talking about my old fix I provided? If they patched it I need to check it, I haven't driven that car for some time.

9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

but with rF2 we can race Le mans with GTE or Oreca already.....
    your old fix does perfectly the job.

10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

At this moment Jimmy Broadbent is destroying LMU in live ;), this is game over for LMU

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's a WEC game, not an open game.

But hell, first thing you said was LMU has worse graphics. Credibility: 0.

Emery and avenger82 like this.
  12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I played both at ultra, I prefer rF2, and the fast rolling start is a joke.....anyway I will have soon the rF2 Wec version ;), but I won't use often, I'm not WEC fan at all.

Ayrton de Lima likes this.
  13. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

He seems to be enjoying it, aside from the known issues.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

:rolleyes:

15. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

did you see the massive AI crash ? so funny

16. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

Nope, but not too surprising. The AI in rF2 aren't genius level drivers either.

17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

they all went in the wall and couldn't find the road again......major issue.

18. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

So, again, like rF2 on many occasions? If you go through practice, qualifying, and then do a race, the AI are usually good with latest official content, but even then I've had them do weird crashes like that sometimes.

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

i only race without practice or qualy in rF2, I have no issue, I only do 20/30 min races

20. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

How do you pan a 2 day EA release ?
    steroids :p
    People point out the obvious are oblivious.
    Sprinkle some pixie dust fixes all.

Like making multi class quick race grids a wish already for LMU .... forget rF2 lol
    I gave people a fix for that 12 year ago, my discovery as I never heard anyone else mention it.
    Make a rfmod, make a private server and join it. lol yes that simple.
    In server menu quickly click on precise grid order.
    Tell me what other sim allows you to do that ? None that I drive.

Doing the same thing in offline menu you will be clicking back and forwards endlessly to get the right grid ....if ever.
    Not only that the grid is either random with different cars on pole every time.
    My way gives you a third option ..to have exact grid you want not the game.
    So you can setup any real race, proper grid and take screenshots turn 1.

My way you can watch test races in window while you do something else. IE: offline mode pauses multi tasking.
    No there is no lag.. No you don't need to forward ports to join your own server on same PC.

ON TOPIC:
    I see no reason if/once public servers are available you won't be able to do the same thing in LMU.

UGM 133A and hitm4k3r like this.