Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Well this Is a surprise!

mister dog and buzz hornet like this.
  2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  3. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I hope the cars find it's way to rf2. Cant see the point (from my view) that I need another sim.

Vance Le Garde and pilAUTO like this.
  4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

honestly I have enough LEMANS, it's not a very funny track, and rF2 has already it, no need for another game.

5. Binny

Binny Guest

Would explain the new CS, RF2 and le mans would use it.
    Hope its not affecting rf2, but i would say it would have some affect if S397 guys are working on it.
    Will rf2 get more hypercars ? I thought they would have been the next series in RF2
    Any ideas on the next series for RF2 after BTCC ? Has there been any hints ?

6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

they use the rF2 engine, same graphics, I'm not esport driver, so I dont need to buy this new game, I have already all in rF2, I only play Lemans offline, and very rarely, maybe it's only solution to fix the online bugs for the main event....you should do the same for the rest of the rF2 game, it's too much bugged and tricky to add a simple thing, like AI selector.
    This new game seems only targeted for the esport drivers for the main event...
    lm2.jpg
    lm1.jpg

Ayrton de Lima and Binny like this.
  7. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

It's easier to make a dlc like Btcc.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Option C: it's just a separate game. No change to rF2, no effect on rF2 other than potential resource drain (boo!) or side benefits like a new/improved online system and possible later content migration (yay!)

I did find this funny though:

20230606_094835.jpg

GP2 hot seat, anyone? :p

9. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

I think they should at least release the cars in Rfactor 2 like they did in Btcc, since this game will be limited to wec and will still come with content we already have, possibly with a high price.

coasting&cruising likes this.
  10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Resume from replay... You just share the replay. The capability has been there for years.

11. szelljr

szelljr Registered

...soooo stupid , from 2024 there will be only Hypercars & GT3 cars in WEC.
    So why you work for a next year game with P2 , GTE cars ???? L0L.

12. mennow

mennow Registered

Well, since i’m only reading negative posts here..
    What’s not to like?
    We’ll get the 2023 seoson with some new tracks like Portimao en Fuji.
    Then there are the cars.. Peugeot, Toyota, Porsche, Ferrari and Glickenhaus.
    And since they own the wec licence , there can be a classic-pack on the way.
    They can do wec-years from the past, like the peugeot 905 from 1993, or porsche 917 and ferrari 512.
    Wow, with rfactor 2 physics, a dream come true, for me at least..
    I own all the sims, but don’t like the feel of Automobilista 2 , Codemasters junk.
    I don’t like the cartoonish look of Automobilista and Assetto corsa looks dated.
    I only play in vr and have a good system with 4090 and hp g2 and rfactor 2 is awesome with 54 ai, sunset in your eyes.
    Just like watching eurosport but now you’r in the bloody car battling and driving around gte’s.

I will buy this instantly, even if i own some tracks just to support the team.
    Gr Menno

13. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I dont mind paying the same for the cars as a game cost, but wont buy a WEC only game.

sg333 and mixer61 like this.
  14. speedy84

speedy84 Registered

I see a huge opportunity for Studio 397 and us as simracers. Without knowing the code of rfactor 2, I would like to make the following assumptions.

Keep in mind that code changes in rfactor 2 can be quite complex. On the one hand, the code base is quite old, which is why some tricky code structures have surely developed through various updates in the past. On the other hand Studio 397 always has to take care that new code doesn't harm the existing mods too much, which surely makes the integration of new features more difficult or even limits them.

Even if LMU takes over a lot of the code from rfactor 2 they can now remove a lot of useless code balast, focus only on the rules of the WEC and thus develop a stable code base around the simulation and improve it continuously without having to worry about mod functionalities.

Maybe, just maybe this is also the first step to a possible rfactor 3, see Kunos Simulazioni with Assetto Corsa -> Asseto Corsa Competizione -> Assetto Corsa 2.

Full_Ninja, r00b Driver and MikeV710 like this.
  15. sg333

sg333 Registered

I own ALL rFactor 2 DLC, but I am not buying essentially another version of rF2 thats locked to WEC cars and tracks

16. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Is there any official announcement confirming that Le Mans Ultimate will use rF2 engines (physics and graphics)?

17. Goanna

Goanna Registered

elgagon likes this.
  18. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if it is possible to use the rF2 graphics engine on consoles?

coasting&cruising likes this.
  19. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Don't get me wrong, but this is a bit of a very simplified take on this subject, isn't it? Just out of interest, how many people who are into simracing own rF1, GTR1/2, GTL, Race 07, AMS1 or any other g/pmotor title? This is just a guess, but I think most of us own several titles driven by that engine while basicly all of them offer very different experiences with different content and features. All of them are just rF in disguise though.

I see this whole concept very optimistic. Finaly we can see what this engine is capable of while the devs have zero limitations by older content and with content that feels cohesive. I hope that they add those nice little details that are missing to make rF2 really a WEC experience with a SP and MP experience that actually works and gives some reason to race with a full set of rules. I don't know why but I hope, that they add animated pit crews, dirt build up on the cars and tracks, maybe a new sky rendering technology, better support for night racing in terms of visual representation with some new shaders and better reflections, a more advanced damage model, new ambient effects like fog and wind. Here they have a chance to create a streamlined UI that isn't held back by the current packaging system to make opponent selections or even hosting easier. Why not add an option for a coop mode? Next to that I hope that they extend this platform similar to how Simbin with their Race/WTCC games. There are tons of options for future content updates:

• historic car DLCs with basicly anything we can think of (Group C, Group 5, GT1/GT2 , maybe a WSC70s DLC, Ford vs. Ferrari DLC)
    • the list of historic tracks for those is very interesting aswell, as the WEC/WSC had some very nice tracks in the past
    • a Road to Le Mans DLC with Porsche Cup cars, LPM3 and GT3 cars
    • full ELMS DLC
    • full Asien Le Mans series DLC
    And if they are really clever, they keep the platform open to modding. That would be one hell of a sim if you ask me. And the great thing is, if the product isn't as good as we expect, we still have rF2. A win-win situation for all of us.

EricW, Pollinflas, Simonk and 5 others like this.
  20. Bernat

Bernat Registered

rFactor 2 without mods and with only a tiny part of current content? How good is that?

I think they could already remove some legacy features if they wanted, progressively. No need to say goodbye to all mods and half the content. See how ACC hasn't filled AC's shoes and the latter is still modded and played more than ACC.

rF2 would be better following more logical software development practices instead of marketing strategies. They could release major revisions, deprecating features, removing them and adding new ones. I would gladly pay for those major updates rather than buying a new game. This is the approach serious software takes because it's more efficient and produces best results.

They could still release other games with a mass marketing approach, but it would be good for us that rFactor 2 remained the serious simulator, and the solid base foundation for other games looking for a high dose of realism.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023