Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

from videos atleast the cars looks more snappy on mistakes , which was my one of the gripe with rf2 cars. looks good , i will consider it for future.

2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I use head tracking in rF2 without TrackIR. I use OpenTrack with the virtual joystick protocol and bind the look axes to that joystick. It might work with LMU too.

3. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

I understand the issue of the official game and for me it's fine, but they should have launched an lmdh and an lmh in RF2, so we could drive the cars on any track, I bought it even though I didn't intend to play, as I was more into the hybrids, however When I enter the sim and see 7 racetracks that I wanted, 5 I already have and it's discouraging.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Comparing various titles on Steamcharts, it seems the bulk of the interest is coming from AC and ACC and, possibly, iRacing (guessing since we can't see their player numbers). The reason for the interest seems to be ranked online racing available for a complete popular race series. It took ACC 2 years to reach the player numbers LMU achieved on the first day. rF2 has NEVER reached the player numbers that LMU had for the first day.

Edit: The reviews on Steam are more positive than I expected. Most of the negative reviews haven't even refunded their purchase! Summarizing the negative reviews, they fall into 3 or 4 camps: needs optimization, "it's just an rF2 mod", and "I can't make it work on my computer/controller".

Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    Adrianstealth likes this.
  5. vava74

vava74 Registered

Hi, pithouse, i follow the recommended settings here, on Studio 397's site.
    In-game, I only changed the max wheel rotation to 1440, to match the pit-house settings.
    And I did not change anything else in-game, but I have not driven too much, to be honest.
    But it felt really good.

nolive721 likes this.
  6. vava74

vava74 Registered

It's a different game now, it's RF2 on steroids, IMO.
    At individual DLC prices, only the new content would cost €58,00.
    I understand that regional pricing applies and that it's not overly expensive in Brazil.

7. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

@nolive721
    I too use recommended setting for rF2/Moza R9 HERE Nothing tweaked as I'm happy with it and not one to tinker other than in game strength.

PS: I hope you sort out your pedal issue

nolive721 likes this.
  8. TonyM

TonyM Registered

realistic is usually not noob friendly.

Ayrton de Lima likes this.
  9. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

Hi @vava74, How are you? I don't care about the price of the dlcs, and the modifications made to run the LMU can be done in rf2, I and I believe that several people want the cars, or the possibility of having hybrid car mods, I understand the studio's reasons, but since the lmp1 h era we don't have hybrids in rf2 which is a huge delay.

10. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Sim Racing Studio 2.0 update is out.

11. TonyM

TonyM Registered

12. shovas

shovas Registered

Had the wrong info, trackir not fixed yet
    SCRATCH: YouTuber Dan Suzuki got TrackIR working, instructions and links:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    8Ball likes this.
  13. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

The best thing I am finding out about this sim is that it shuts down ok :mad:

14. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Way forward for me is not to look back.
    Make LMU that good in 1/2 years they have the funding they can get back other licenses and work the same magic.
    You make FIA licence a success I think you can write your own ticket.

15. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Sorry, just have to say it.

I love the way S397/MSG take the piss out of Madness by copying their loading screen format.
    But with bigger names :p

Proviso: There is no steam hardcore sim I do not like or own so calling me a ISI fanboy is ludicrous, more the fool you.

16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

People don't understand that this is just the start. I have heard and read this Its-just-an-rF2mod-nonesense now enough that I can only recommend you to make up your mind on your own. Boot up the RSR on Sebring in rF2 and LMU and crank up the settings as far as you can to get a smooth framerate and tell me it's the same game. There is so much more stuff in this new title than just some content that is actually just the same on paper.

All tracks have been updated, all cars have been updated. All the content is of top notch quality, in consistent quality so you don't have a lowpoly RSR with no PBR shaders in the cockpit while the Ferrari looks like from a different game, the soundscape is amazing with so much more details than in rF2, it looks fantastic with the new sky, new particle system, AI that actually does a real formation lap to get you fired up for the race, AI that behaves pretty damn well in multiclass, tires that feel even more dynamic than in rF2, dirt that builds up on the windscreen, with the cockpit lights that come up once the sun sets. There is a new material system in place wich just makes everything look a bit nicer and there are also a few quality of life improvements. I like the fact that once you advance in quali mode the game actually sorts the classes by itself and that you can finaly adjust settings while being on track, the HUD is pretty clean and nice eventhough I mostly switch it off.
    I went out the pits with the 963 at Portimao - not the best combo I know - and it was love at first feel as it was with rF2 when I went with the Eve through Eau Rouge. How the engine kicks in in the pits, while I first thought my sound was broken and then it starts to rumble. It felt like driving on ice but in a good way and once the tyres started to heat up you get more and more feel. Now a couple of hours more in and I am still yet to scratch the surface. Only tried 3 cars sofar and only Sebring and Monza in offline racing. Well worth 30 Euro comapred to the 45 Euro that you have to pay to get the LMV-pack for rF2. But that's just me ...

This isn't me shitting on rF2 because I will still use it for pretty much everything that isn't WEC2023 related and my beloved Group C cars, but it's also great to see what this engine is capable of going forward. I don't dare to imagine what a GroupC DLC would feel like on this new platform with that level of detail.

And last but not least: #BringBackTheCheeseBlock :D

MikeV710, tiffarno, Nibo and 5 others like this.
  17. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

LMU goes well so they farm out rF2 to get total rebuild even ISI helping.
    Release it as rF2 Ultimate, rebuilt engine with huge list of bugs fixed.
    Who is going to buy it ?
    Next thing ?
    None of the old mods would work ........ :oops: Oh

Personally I don't see why anyone should expect anything from a studio with a 12 year old sim ?
    Who besides iRacing and RRE do that ?
    Studio wise AC is long dead and ACC / AMS2 I don't see any ground breaking features or fixtures ?

But the studio with the least sales, resources not to mention the worse rating is somehow supposed to do what others won't ?

shakes head

18. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

Realistic means you feel what the car is doing through the steering. If the wheel is randomly oscillating in a straight line then you can't drive it like a real car, because in a real car when you come out of a corner the self aligning torque is what guides you onto the next straight, if you don't have realistic self alignment torque you won't know what you're doing. There's a reason why so many people are saying they don't feel confident through corners in LMU.

Maybe you thought I meant realistic physics is noob friendly.

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

no thanks, I have refunded and I wait for the rF2 version ;), I'm full satisfied with rF2, it does everything better with more features, like this simple one : 20 GTE cars ;)

20. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

I wouldn't say they've gone back to rF1 FFB, but it's definitely not as good as rF2 right now.