REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Filters are gone for now.

2. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I've been tweaking the FFB settings a bit now that the minimum input was added. It can really change how everything feels on my Moddified G27. Also I am now running my minimum on 12% (0.12) and had to lower the stopped ffb multiplier to stop oscillation.

3. 64r

64r Registered

Hi Tim,

What is the correct procedure for reporting bugs? I just assumed the guys at the office kept a close eye on the forum Forum >> Current Products >> rFactor2 >> Technical >> Bug Reports, but maybe we should be emailing a support account or doing something else?

Is there a better way we can report bugs so we don't have to rely on you to pass them on?

Thanks

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We do read them, but for example today I'm sick and I didn't get out of bed until 10-11am. Once I got upright I think my sinuses drained a bit and now I just have a ringing ear!

Quite often it's actually more alerting for someone to tweet me or email me (contact form at the bottom of the forum comes to me). I spend my day in Outlook doing my primary job of licensing our software out, and my phone beeps at me from Twitter, while I have to actively visit the forum to find issues posted here. I guess I just know I was a bit slower reading this than I should have been due to circumstances.

IMHO there's a difference between a standard bug, and a full-stop issue like the MM causing a CTD. For something like that, I'd like it to rain messages telling me.

5. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

I wish this was the case, but it doesnt seem so, hopefully something is sorted out by my league race on sunday

6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

You're doing a good job, Tim... Sincerely... You are the face of ISI outwards... And you're doing well... Just a shame the software isn't always...

7. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello

Tim Wrote:
    Tim you should not have wrote that :rolleyes:
    You think you get a lot of e mails now Hell they will e mail you for the most stupid thing now you do know that even a little bug is a major bug to most.
    Ruben

8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Tim - i suspect you have developed a sixth sense regarding this sim. The ringing Ear probably started the exact same time the serious bug did ! :D thats dedication right there ! :p

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Now when I can't play online I had a go with the AI's... and I think something has been improved. One race with 10 AI's and Brianza, and they were not driving in a train formation but actually side by side and overtaking each other on the straight... very strange :p

10. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Tim addressed a lot of points, but unless I missed something I am no wiser about the greyed out join button in lobby.

We got any idea about this yet? I'm trying to get into ISI GT Server.

11. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

I concur. I great job indeed.

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Btw, this is great:

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Well, at least the Civic and the Camarro both feel great after this Build and I noticed that the Civic hardly rolls over as before!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  14. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hey nas , I had the same issue when hosting from my PC then trying to join , I am on a router and found from time to time my external IP would sometimes change ,power outage, server resets etc.. it sometimes just changed , alwase just the last set like from .101 to .100 , my server would launch but i couldent jouin unless i used the now missing/removed local ip button . so i sugest if your on a router to find your external IP and make sure in your router under gameing the ip number sets match , once mine would match up i had no issues .. Hope this helps .. maybe someone with more experence can explane it better as i only know what i need to survive and might be using the wrong verbage on internal/externa, IP stuff but if they are not the same you wont be able to join your own server in my experence !

15. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Downloaded the new build, but I read about MM issues and CTD. Should I update and try it or should we expect a new build soon?

16. cosimo

cosimo Registered

BTW, latest build mentioned up in the header is still 382 :)

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

This is not awesome. This is pointless.
    It is pretty much clear that before any intermediate stable release the unstable one needs to be assesed accordingly and it wasn't. For that purpose, providing one single day to do some serious testing, especially to what concerns online racing, is absolutely insufficient.
    considering that unstable releases are not announced until they are actually released, furthermore during a week day where usually people have less time it is technically impossible to get any proper feedback. The stable releases are actually being tested for real stability now.
    As in previous similar occasions I am sure ISI will react fast and release a new stable build pretty soon.

I don't think the major bug that has struck this unlucky build is something really important. IMO it is just a small bug with a very big impact that probably was difficult to detect througout normal testing. I just hope that this error helps changing something in the testing and bug reporting procedures:

If you look at bug report forum you can see that it is not such an active forum:
    - Only 19 threads active in the past 3 weeks.
    - The threads are also very small with not many replies to it.
    - Only in 3 of this threads have ISI staff posts. One of them is related to last build's MM bug.

I guess this can be improved and some type of sorting should be done. About one post per day does not seem too much.
    The prefix in the title that is used in other subforums could be applied by ISI when the thread was read rating its relevance as minor, moderate or major.

For unstable release I already posted about one week being the minimum time for proper testing. I will add here, that I would always release them (unstables) on Friday. If no major bugs are found I would release the stable one the following friday. There, the big test during weekend would happen with plenty of info for ISI to start the week, hopefully minor stuff :). It is clear that the intensity of the testing when a stable build is released is not achievable with a limited betatesters group but hopefully stable build are really stable.

I understand that the same procedure could be applied to the wish list section. I think the difference could be the necessity of filtering those wishes by number of replies which could be an indicator of the people supporting the specific wish. I say so because I think it is a more active subforum where ISI staff might not have time to check everything.
    View attachment 11776

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  18. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Yeah, its all setup properly, its a dedicated machine too, ive seen people join my server, i can download my vmod too, its supposed to be automatic now, but it doesnt seem to be the case, was working fine since build 49 until local connection was removed in this build.

19. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

FAO Tim

Hopefully you will see this...
    Quick request, when going into settings during a race session, please can the option be enabled to select no hdr for the track you are on?
    Im sure previous builds you could select no HDR, but the option is no longer there.
    Dont get me wrong, the automation works really well, but, I have finally got my settings right fro triple screens, but on the odd track, Silverstone being the main one, having HDR on just tips it below the acceptable frame rate.....

Apart from that, really happy with this build, finally got some nice graphics going on triples :)
    This is where I mean if i Havent made sense ...

View attachment 11777

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Only time I have had that, I needed to wait for the server info to be loaded on the left side.