REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Or you could do what I did. Download it to the packages folder, install from within the game, and use All Cars & Tracks and be driving it very quickly on the track of my choice. Make it as complicated as you want but don' t blame the authors.

2. FatCity

FatCity Registered

+1 here!
    Had no problem doing exactly the same.
    I have to say, I can't believe how realistic ISI have made this car, their work is getting better and better with each release.

I am particularly impressed with the way I can select a car and track and then go straight out without having to touch a thing.
    My wheel settings and everything need no change, it just drives.
    Thanks ISI, this game will **** all over the others when it goes gold.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

LOL. . Not sure where you get your stats from but you're full of it. "99% of us" LOL. In less than five minutes we had a mod made up that has three cars and quite a few tracks. Sit down, on your hands if you have to, watch the video. It's not hard if your IQ is over 80 to make up one of these mods.

4. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Having tracks and cars as separate downloads is definately better than having them combined. Atm there are cars that you have to have installed even if you don't ever drive them, yet they came with a track that you want/need for other vmods. Missing a track, you never know which mods it came with, so you have to have it all installed.

vmods will stay with rF2. Get over it. And it's not that big of a deal if...
    ... everybody learned to make a vmod. It takes 2 minutes once you've gotten used to the process. It's no rocket science.
    ... all server admins learned to setup their servers correctly so people can 'get mod' vmods from every server.
    ... ISI released everything as .rfcomp already (that was announced, what, half a year ago?). Also release an updated video tutorial on the current vmod creation process so people stop complaining.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Tim, this car,if I'm not mistaken, has the TC! did ISI create this car with traction control?
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/the-le-mans-winning-corvette-c6-r

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
  6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

You've misunderstood, Not that, that comes as any surprise.

The point here is the 1% are the ones with the servers, as league admin. Ok anyone can do a Vmod, rFmod if the want is there but the thing is, It's useless unless you have a server to put it on.

As a component you can use it in all cars & tracks offline.

Next time read the whole post, not just what you want to read into it.

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I am not sure I am following what you are saying here. From what I make of it, you are complaining that the car needs to have a vmod made so that it can be driven online but you can drive it offline without a vmod.

This has been the way things have worked since the release of the beta for the most part. Those that wanted to host a game needed to create a vmod and set up their server to be able to have others download it, or they had to post the vmod somewhere so others could get it. It is actually very easy to create a vmod with a single car and track, multiple cars and tracks or create a mod that includes the files as well.

If you were complaining about something else, please enlighten us.

8. Golanv

Golanv Registered

If it works like PTM as the guy in that review says, its adjustable TC and I didnt see any adjustments for such in ISI version of the car.
    Have you tried using the TC override button ingame, if that even is operational?

9. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Thanks for this ISI boys. Only had a few goes last night but it feels and sounds really good :)

10. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

No, you've pretty much got it.

So now you do what? Only ever join one server or have multitudes of Vmods, rFmods to run the same cars on the same tracks?
    And I don't know because I've stayed out of this but can you have more then 1 Vmod or rFmod installed that combines these component for each server you visit or do you have to change it every time you want to change servers? Same cars and same tracks, just different server.

Either way, just thinking about it, it's getting real messy in the package file and there's only a few mods.

11. 10speed

10speed Registered

Hopefully they will improve the 3d model, especially the wheels are just wrong. They are positioned too much inside the wheel arches and the rims are almost flat. WSGT2 corvette looks much better.

real car
    ISI
    WSGT

12. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

WSGT2 vette is GT1 to and completly diferent actually. You could compare the ISI one to newest simbin r3e model.
    But about the 3d model you are right, especially wheels and rims are completly off. There are some other stuff on the model like the side vents are wrong, front fog lights to big and behind doors the closed vents that are missing.
    When i have some time I will upgrade the model if ISI doesnt mind as free update ofcourse.

13. 10speed

10speed Registered

I was only referring to the rims, which have both the same BBS style. :)

Looking forward to that! :D

14. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Yeah, hopefully they will do something to streamline and clean up the packages folder for us. As to using multiple vmods, yes you can have as many as needed installed for any number of servers as long as you have all the other content that might be required by each you are good to go.

15. C3PO

C3PO Registered

It's far,far too complicated.

16. UnitedRacingDesign

BBS style yes but the gt2 has 6 spoke Y rims while the gt1 had 7 spoke Y rim style.
    Ive checked my files and i found 7 spoke version that i made while ago for gtr2, its actually fine from details for rf2 to but ill rather make new ones.

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Corvettes at Putnam Park are great. Could really push it there. Unfortunately it was little too hard to pass anybody at that track :p

18. 10speed

10speed Registered

Ufff, you know the details. Maybe ISI should think about a job offer. :)

19. UnitedRacingDesign

I know few racing cars as i was involved with some in past when they were build and still have alot of ref here. But overall its cool car and i love it to :D Should be cool to see new C7 dressed up as GT2 car to.

20. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

For those who cant get the mod to show up in mod manager, just download to packages folder and start your game. Go to all cars tracks and cycle through the cars. There you will find the CR6 with an icon that will say install. Select that icon and enjoy!