REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Excellent job, ISI. Thanks for this. Only observation is that (surprise) I hate the tire sounds. Please for the love of God make them chirp or squeal or something other than sandpaper. Many thanks in advance ;0)

2. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

A multi cmp is a collection of components, it's just a way to deliver multiple components in a single package. It shows up on the Mod side of the manager because it is similar to a Mod, just has no rFM file so it is not a drivable mod. There is currently a bug in the modmgr which causes multi cmps to disappear from the modmgr after being installed. This is fixed in the next sim update.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I see that everyone is happy with this car but when I went online I saw a lot of mistakes!
    However, with a good setup the feeling has been improved a lot, but let's hope that with the new build , it will get better!
    I agree with feels, rear wheels block too much during braking!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

But Joe, are we unable to play this mod than? It doesn't appear in the game either........so........

5. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

It's not a driveable mod - you have to install the multi cmp (which installs several components - car, talent, and sounds) then make a mod using these components and some tracks. Then install that mod and drive it. Or in single plr, use AC&T to drive it anywhere you like.

6. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Amazing sounds... best Corvette's sound in a race game I've ever heard mainly from the external views. Graphics looks perfect too, maybe a bit more car's body reflection would be nice.

The rear is very loose but staff said some corrections are coming to play, so that's ok. Thanks for this car, excellent add-on, really wasn't expecting a so high quality stuff.

7. Navigator

Navigator Registered

But it says it can't install the "mod?" because the cars are not installed.
    I have no v-mod, but it doesn't show up in ac&t either.......

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Edit; don't know how, but now it's only (after 20 times of doing it al over) a matter of the sound......
    I got a vmod meanwhile and it says the sound is missing:

[​IMG]

While, when I search; it is there:

[​IMG]

And still; not in the game, not with ac&t either.

9. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

I think the real car have adjustable traction control (maybe someone can confirm) making it easier to control depending on setting of course. Don't know how ISI create car with traction control but i guess it might be simulating traction set to OFF.

Would be a nice option to have in car traction control if the real one does (not the driving aids)

10. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Wait ... what? We have to install the car, then make our own mod to drive it... LOL!??!

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Are you sure?

12. Miro

Miro Registered

10 char

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

@Navigator

Have you tried to redownload the mod? Maybe your file is broken.

14. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Hi Joe...can you read that back to yourself but imagine your new to all this...then imagine having to explain that 50+ times over and over as a league admin...GET RID OF IT!!! lol :D

15. JGraf

JGraf Registered

somebody has a packers/bump stops fetish...
    oops, did i say that out loud again. :/

16. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I tried that several times, reinstalled and all over again.......now, all of the sudden; it works......
    I'm happy, but it's strange........ the one that worked, was one of the first I downloaded also.

17. argo0

argo0 Registered

Just noticed another couple of things - one good, one bad! Alt + Shift and seat position is supposed to move the mirrors physical position but it doesn't work. This is also true of several of the other tin tops, can't remember which. I've posted about it before but don't think I've seen anything from ISI about it.
    The other thing is that the shadows in the cockpit have nice edges with this car, as it should be. With several of the other cars, possibly all, I'm not sure, the shadow edges are blocky and look awful.

18. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Screenshot, literally!

Navigator, it worked for me in the first try. I downloaded it directly into the packages folder and istalled it via mod manager. Maybe try to get rid of the file and do it as I did. Who knows, it might work.
    Btw, did you try the get mod on sr4l server #3?

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Another car making a nice combo with Putnam Park ;)

The flow of this track is just so nice - taking you smoothly from one corner to another.
    And Corvette works almost as good here as Megane.

Drive smoothly, don't abuse it, brush those curbs and it will go fast :)

By the way - that red pipe doesn't self-shadow itself. Seems like it's not set as shadow caster. Looks weird with direct sunlight inside.

20. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

This is ridiculous! How many people are going to do that? How many would even know how to do that? How many normal people are going to want to learn how to do this when unless your a league admin or have a server it's useless for online racing? So for the 99% of us, we have to wait for the 1% to get the mod, make a Vmod or a rFMod from it and upload it.

In short. Don't download it till your league has it done and made into 1 of these mod types then get it from the server.

This game is stuffed! It's getting worse, not better!

And people really have to ask why mod teams aren't releasing mods for this! Really? Is it that hard to work out?