REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. CraigT

CraigT Registered

Sorry if this was posted before...
    Has anyone noticed that the wipers work and have slow and fast speeds?

2. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

They were on other cars to only that some were not finished/adjusted corectly. I think i released them with my aura T5 model allready working corectly.

3. Tony

Tony Registered

'K, I drove the Corvette online at Dunsfold thanks to D!2T, & it's very nice with great engine sounds, & lively on the handling which equals fun :D

I adjusted the brake pressure to 92%, & shifted the bias more to the front (60-40 I think) & also upped the Engine-Brake value to its highest number (4 or 5) which stopped the engine-braking effect on the rear wheels on downshifts, & all that seemed to settle the rear when hard-braking & quick downshifting

One thing someone has already commented on is the tyre kidding sound - I agree it should make a squealing sound on dry tarmac, & the scratchy sound when on wet tarmac..

Thanks ISI dev team :)

4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Try this car with Fuji by ethone. It's great, fast track for this car.

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

So video of a car from 2011 at the LeMans 24hr is proof that a car from the 2009 ALMS had TC? That's funny. Anyways, I couldn't find the 2009 ALMS rule book. Find that, and you'll have your answer on TC.

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I found Fuji with the C6 unbelievable slippery. With rubber on track it felt better, but still the car was sliding everywhere. On other tracks, I could control the car better.

Was it my impression or could it be track related?

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Maybe if you read the story on the link that was on the original post, or just simply go and find the car specs, which is quite easy to do.

"He played with the Performance Traction Management system, but preferred the unrestricted off mode. I found this interesting, as his GT car has a traction-control system similar to PTM, but with five wet and five dry maps."

- http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/car-comparison-tests/chevrolet-corvette-zr1-vs-c6r

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Right here.

http://www.corvetteracing.com/cars/gt2-c6r/gt2-c6r_specs.shtml

No mention of TC. The only thing that jumps out at me is we don't have Michilen's. I guess that's a licensing thing though.

The story that was on the link was again, from 2011 or 2012. ALMS rules might have changed since 2009. ;)

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Its not mentioned in the "technical details" as is not the air conditioner that the GT2 car has.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Relax buddy!!! lol. I didn't say it does have or doesn't, if you read my post above I said find the ALMS 2009 rule book and you'll find your answer. ;)

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

http://ebookbrowse.com/2009-alms-rules-2nd-ed-v2-0-pdf-d31888056

I dont know did it or didnt it have TC of any kind at 2009. I'm reading ALMS rule book as we speak to find that out.

12. Bloody

Bloody Registered

Sebring 12h Course + Corvette --> unbelieveable fun :)

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You're the man. It's going to take some time I imagine. :p

14. Golanv

Golanv Registered

"2.8 - Electronic systems:
    2.8.1 - Any automatic or electronic control system or function is forbidden : chassis control, final drive differentials, adjustment of the shock absorbers, the suspension or the ride height, anti-lock braking, four wheel steering, etc.
    Semi-automatic or automatic gearboxes, power-driven clutches with electronic or pneumatic control are forbidden unless they are fitted on the series vehicle homologated by the ACO.
    In this case, the manufacturer must provide the ACO with system for checking the whole control system of the series gearbox and/or the series clutch."

The rules allow Traction Control, but only via throttle cut-off, brakes can only be controlled by driver input (and are also very restricted in terms of power assistance).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcMhQGLF604

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

1.10.4 - Unless specified in these regulations and apart from engine monitoring systems, no such system is permitted.
    A traction control system operating exclusively on the engine is authorized.

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

There we have it folks, thanks Golanv and Gearjammer.

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Keep in mind that the rules say it is permitted, but it is up to the teams as to it being installed and used. There is a possibility that some cars were not using any form of TC at all.

18. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Do we get to use the TC override button now with this one?

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Very true. Here is a article I found written last year comparing the race car to the street car version. In one paragraph it says:

"He played with the Performance Traction Management system, but preferred the unrestricted off mode. I found this interesting, as his GT car has a traction-control system similar to PTM, but with five wet and five dry maps."

So I'm assuming and I've heard this before that cars are faster without a TCS, even the new ones.

Here is the article.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/car-comparison-tests/chevrolet-corvette-zr1-vs-c6r

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've tried it, nothing happens that I noticed.