REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. MJP

MJP Registered

The car as released has TC available just like every other car in the game, low/med/high, by default the F8 key cycles through the options, unless you're online and the server has disabled TC of course.

2. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Just installed 134 and the C6R, incredible stuff. ISI you are really coming along with rF2!

Running this monster at LimeRock with the 370Zs and GT-Rs gives me that ALMS vibe. All I'm missing is some P1/P2 cars blasting by. Best looking car and track combo we have and watching the AI race is fun as well.

I've heard these run in person and the sound is probably as close as it can get for a sim. With new tracks and cars getting this good I can't wait to see what the upcoming F1 car will be like on the new F1 track.

3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I am not sure if this is directly related to this Corvette mod. After installing this mod my FPS drastically dropped. Re-installing rF2 from scratch did not help. This is my system, it was running great whith everything on high or full, including HDR;

OS Windows 7 HP (x64) SPk 1 bld 7601 | CPU Intel i7 2600k 3.4GHz | MoBo Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 100 megahertz | PSU Corsair Pro HX 850 | GPU XFX Radeon HD 6970 | RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1866 MHz | Audio ATI HDMI Audio Intel(R) Display Audio Realtek Hi-Fi Audio | Case Corsait Ghraphite 600T | Wheel T500RS/TH8RS | 1TB HDD + 2 120GB SSD

The odd thing is that whatever happened seems to have affected all previous mods as well. Any clues?

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Number of complaints and over all frustration with vmod system = 1/5th of total rf2 population or , to many to calculate ! lol

Number of rf2 on line mismatches to date = 0

PITA but it works ..

5. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

It didn't notice any difference, it's slippery on all tracks ;) , But I set high rear downforce and low front downforce (1-36) and it's much better for me, I like understeering in cars ;)

6. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

i like the looks and the physics, but the sound is disappointingly different from the real c6.r.

7. coops

coops Banned

maybe ISI sound guy just needs to look a bit harder for better sounds than where he is getting them from.

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

I agree, the sounds are a little too tame from onboard. Missing that famous rasp.

9. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasp
    brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasp

please isi!

10. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

Ok this might be just me but I wouldn't even get this car(or probably any other) close to finishing a lap with this settings, lol:D. Too much understeer.

I really like the behavior of this car, you can stabilize the back with a tiny bit of throttle and get it to come around with a bit more and really play with it.

11. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Having listened to both these sounds side by side It sounds like the deference is more in the post effects and high frequency sounds if anywhere else , I think that the sound file from ISI could be made to sound closer to the live one with some eQ adjustments if that was desired .. I know from working my music studio that sounds can be heavily altered with only a few adjustments ..To me the bottom end sounds pretty close in each from the –db 60 range to 800 but the live vid has way more high end in the –db 3k to 13k, 16k range giving more snap , that brings out the crisp bite sound that the ISI sound seems to be missing in comparison or maybe by design ? the mic’s on most of those mounted cams are wide spectrum and pick up a lot of noise as you can here by the white hiss on the 16k frequency's when listening to both you could say one was with your helmet on the other with it off .. That said I think ISI has got the right sounds to work with and could easily eq them to sound as the live vid does , if that’s what was desired ..

In all I think they are closer than some might think to having nailed it , I think it comes down to the personal mixing of the sound , I don’t think from inside the car with your helmet on you would here it as you do in the live vid , it sounds more like an external sound from a mic not from a drivers helmet protected ear .. but who's to say what right or wrong ? The vette has big balls for sure and I understand people wanting to here it bellowing ..

my 2cents ...

12. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

I've had a few. Had me scratching my head for awhile, then I realyzed I needed to switch from regional skippy to national skippy. I dont mind the mod manager one bit though, do it once and it's easy to use.

13. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

can't believe that.
    we might not hear the gearbox because of what you've mentioned but the brasp/fart moise is just not there for me.

audio file or it didnt happen.

anyway i don't really care how it will be achieved.
    if it's really so easy: why not. do it pls.

14. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Ahh yes... the rasp.

15. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I am loving this car, thanks for the release!

16. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Yep, because you can't join the server...PERIOD. Sure it will put the name of the track in red for you but then what? Where do you get the track? Good luck finding the right version.

So instead of a mismatch, where I could at least stay in the server and ask someone where to get the right track, I'm off to something else, or endlessly searching for the right track if I'm that desperate to join your server with the two people who either happened to have the right track or somehow found them after trying to install your vmod.

17. JGraf

JGraf Registered

simple solution if people will just use it.
    provide the required downloads in the vmod info description box.
    View attachment 5987

18. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
  19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I see a reflection in the windshield, that video is horrible and completely unrealistic.

20. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Just a question to the devs. When standing still, turning the wheel full lock, and very slowly going forward or backward, the tire skidding sound can be heard. Is this normal or a bug?