Wow, it's been so long since an update people aren't even complaining any more...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

As has been pointed out many time all these things are handled by different people, so if they stop working on tracks and cars all that means is those folk stop working and the core program continues to be developed at the same rate. It is also well known that leagues run rF2 at their own risk during the Beta stage, I am a member of a league running rF2 and we seem to muddle along okay...Given the odd sleepless night from our hard working admins :)

Heh Ninjad.

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

+1

Good, now are we done venting for now, or anybody have anything important/interesting to add?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

+1000.... hehe

and about my isi track/car comment. It refers to what Guy wrote. Once modders can do their thing, the sim grows. yea those cars isi release are cool, but servers online are still empty...... Until leagues/mod groups get behind rF2, Its gonna stay how it is now unfortunately.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Your league won't touch rf2 because you're stuck in the gtr2 days. End of story. Quit being so dramatic and stop talking for everybody. Just because you aren't interested in ISI content, doesn't mean everybody isn't. I personally would rather have stuff they have done than some clown making up numbers in his head while eating his moms cookies and milk.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Should they be stuck in a unfinished product instead?

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Huh?

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

thats a choice is'nt, as has been said a billion times RF2 will be an ongoing project so technically it wont ever be "finished"

8. Miro

Miro Registered

Well me thinks the problem is not that rF2 isn't gold already.
    The problem is (apart from communication) that there is almost no visible progress. Loads of the promised features are not finished (real road, weather, track temp, tires ......).
    BUT me thinks also that all these features are coming together when they come. Real road is in dependency to the track temp, track temp to tires, tires to weather and temp and so on and so on.

So we might be already there.... or not. No idea lol.

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Quit making sense and writing logic. It doesn't belong is this thread.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

one thing ISI dont do is make promises, sure that tech is in there but they never promised anything/timeframe etc, its a beta its a work in progress whatever...their stance will always be the same. Its coming together each update, personally I see in this thread that maybe people have been expecting too much, sure ISI did themselves no favours with the initial "6 months beta" and calling it a "modders beta" so I can onmly hope they have learnt from that. We on the other hand need to appreciate software development some more and stop bitching about lack of progress, sure the lack of communication is a pain, but at the end of the day we've still not paid for anything...ok money has gone from our accounts but again to reiterate (as people seem to forget easily enough!) we're gonna be getting the first year or so or whatever of post Gold.....and at the end of the day RF2 is bloody cheap compared to most other games on the market...another point peope quickly forget!

11. osella

osella Registered

Now you're just being absurd, most people here make sense.

The fact that artists are not programmers is a fact which I understand and I worte it myself 2 minutes before Knight wrote his post.
    It's not an excuse for the speed of development which most people are just unhappy with, though. They need more programmers or whatever, ISI just needs to change something IMO.

12. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

LOL Um...Okay..."Rant,rant"..."Irrational outburst"..."Made up statistics"..."Alpha, Beta, Gold Dribble"... "Everyone is, isn't, will, wont, might, might not, has, hasn't, does and doesn't do whatever we are talking about.

Hows that? ;)

1 person likes this.
  13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I've done maybe 3 GTR2 races online. We're stuck in the Race 07 days because that's the best of what's out there. I was hoping rF2 would be the sim to transition my personal sim experience to a more modern one.

So mom's basement? Hmm, sounds like you haven't done much sim racing- here's a very small list of mods done "in mom's basement" for various sims in no particular order.
    -HistoriX mod
    -Mak Corp mods (any)
    -VLM (I need say more about them)
    -GT3 mod by PetraGTC
    -T2L DTM mod
    -T2L Porsche SuperCup
    -RSRBR (any of them)
    -FVR V8SC
    -Power and Glory
    -upcoming GRID mod (that everyone will be blown away by)

There are so many awesome mods made "in mom's basement" that this short list doesn't even begin to touch on the depth, quality and breadth of add-on cars developed for the various sims so far.

I hear that the mods guys work on one side of the room, the game engine guys on another side of the room. OK, fair enough- developing the game shouldn't interfere with making content. EXCEPT the other excuse I hear is that ISI is a small company. This implies that they have limited staff and limited resources which means that hiring guys to make the content (and these guys apparently work extraordinarily slow) does directly effect development of the game engine. So, you are wrong who say the 2 are independent. Guys hired to make the content are guys who were NOT hired to work the game engine.

2 people like this.
  14. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

That's I tried to say...

15. tjc

tjc Registered

My thoughts exactly... ;)

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Well I might as well get my opinion in. I was hoping this thread would die but clearly isn't so I'm gonna get my opinion in here since this has turned out to be a very negative thread. Here is the truth and I'm not going to debate it and won't posting to this thread again (is it possible for me to close it is I started it?) as I want this thread to die:

rf2 has re-defined what a sim is and therefore it is the ONLY sim right now so it is simply wrong to complain about it. Period. I haven't touched another (previously known as) sim since rf2 came out. There IS nothing else. Get it?

Regarding how long it is taking ISI to develop this, give them a break for crying out loud. If I had the money, I'd give all of you whiners a refund to just go away.

17. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Yeah right. There is a bunch more sims that you can actually organize a league with. You're delusional.

18. osella

osella Registered

Good for you Kknorpp that you're happy with limited content and functionality of rF2, some of us aren't so please don't tell us what to think :)

19. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Can i troll a litle too?

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Works both ways. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.