Wow, it's been so long since an update people aren't even complaining any more...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Bitter and unfair post as some pages back you said

although I understand your frustration about modders holding back their work till Gold, I feel much the same.

2. PMC

PMC Registered

I thought i read Tim talking about V8 supercars also ,but coulda been mistaken

3. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I remember that topic, but I believe he was talking about it being to expensive or something, then he found out there is going to be a mercedes in the V8's next year, and he said something that he would try that. Haven't heard anything about that since though.....

EDIT :: And talking about mercedes, the 300SLR is also confirmed to be licenced ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
  4. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Impressive Mod! If we had this car and track done complete for rF2 things would be a lot better already!

1 person likes this.
  5. PMC

PMC Registered

Yes if i remeber he said he had talked to Shane VG . But i'm not sure whether the cars of the future would be a different licence to just the Ford v Holden format. so wouldnt an out dated series be cheaper. Also arent all the cars of future basicly same body with different manufacture's motors? So basicly the licence would be more the 'car of the future' and not individual licences for each manufacturer. But please if i'm wrong i'd like to be better informed

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Amen! (so what are you doing hanging around here, go on, go back to work, people are waiting!)

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Try to beat my best lap KeiKei,7'44 with the Megan...I know you will,:(

8. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

People seem to confuse an opinion opposite to their own as trolling.

Transparency is vital when dealing with clients. You gain not only their confidence but more importantly trust. If development is a black box it becomes difficult to create positive perceptions.

When producing a product for a client, apart from defining the final output, the next three important pieces of information they want to know are cost, time frame and work plan. We're the clients, we know the cost, we don't know the time frame or work plan. Even if time frame is unavailable I think a general work plan would be appreciated. Doesn't have to be detailed, something as simple as the order of the code that will created/fixed, eg:
    1. Ffb bug fixes
    2. Wet weather spray
    3. Tyre model iteration x
    4. Damage code
    etc

Currently we have no idea what the plan is. Is there a plan and if so why no transparency?

9. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

its pride...

...and goes before a fall

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It seems that AC is already been released!this discussion remind me the period of GT5 when every fms fan was saying that fms4 will blow out GT5 ass and fms4 wasn't even been released!
    Everybody hopes that AC will be a great simulator?,yes,me too!AC will be a great racing-game with a great graphics,ffb,physics,complete multiplayer....I don't know,who knows? we don't have even any demo to try it and all this blablabla about AC makes me think the Konus is doing a great marketing strategy and maybe ISI should do the same thing!

11. PMC

PMC Registered

Just some questions

1. is there a weather comparison ?

2. Is there a tyre model comparison?

3. Is there a Real Road comparison?

4. And a fully intergrated modding system comparison to what ISI are offering?

My guess is that all of these things and more are breaking new ground in the sim world as well as improving FFB and physics,I can fully understand the delay only because they are as in the dark as much as we are as what what will do what to what, i think theres an extra what in there but basicly i think they got it sussed

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
  12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

LOL. Not sure if that's a serious question or not but I'm pretty sure they have a plan. LOL.

It's pretty clear they keep things to themselves as far as what's going on. This has been mentioned many times over many months and the amount of information they release hasn't changed. I suppose you either deal with it or move on. No point in getting panties in a knot.

13. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Yep, Thats all we can do. We still have more now than we had before rf2, so if you not a happy watcha dis

We can do some work and ern some money for some new wheels and stuff and really enjoy whats comming.. Thats what I'm doing.

I want Fanatec to start selling wheels in Australia first.

14. coops

coops Banned

I want Fanatec to start selling wheels in Australia first.

no u dont higher prices by about $60-$100 and about $300 in delivery

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Big rumours that Shane is quitting V8s, not sure he'll be around to help much longer! Not 100% sure but the CoTF is more than just two new manufacturers, lots of other changes all round so not sure how the licensing would work with that, either each car separately or all in one....either way we can pray!!

16. Nige

Nige Registered

GTClub, I know Pcars isnt in this category, thats why I said if Pcars did have the physics (then it would be considered a sim) rFactor 2 would be in trouble.

17. PMC

PMC Registered

Its not a rumour,he is leaving, But i was interested to know if the basic body design/chassis and steering rack gives supercars rights over the licence and if the other manufacturers influence this as far as royalty's for adding there name ,i'm guessing they do

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+101% p

We both mean the same thing ........a proper distributor not scared to buy a container full up front.

19. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Holden v Ford was big bucks in the mid 90s, that wore off quickly.

Opening up the regs again would be a better move even if it risks domination by a single manufacturer but as always their advantage will be neutralised after a season or two anyway.

I've never been more into Australian Touring Cars than during the 1980/early90s, their golden period if you ask me.

20. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

I'll let you decide if that's a serious question or not.

There's reading between the lines and rhetorical questions and then something in between...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.