Wow, it's been so long since an update people aren't even complaining any more...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Any thread that mentions the word update goes on and on until the next update, never pretty or of any real value, they are the best popcorn threads to be found. They keep the regulars entertained and the same old arguments get played out for the entertainment of the masses. It takes no time at all for any original point to get lost on peoples pet peeves and the OP should not feel any responsibility for what ensues...Other great troll magnets are of course, graphics, frame rates, Modders and Pcars, but the best are Updates.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  2. tjc

tjc Registered

I completely agree with this but I would say people in general do have the right to say what they think and I think mostly what you see here is pure frustration because rf2 is so good, we who love driving it want more... that`s also just human nature.

We do however have the trolls who seem to get satisfaction out of just complaining, being negative and arguing with everything/everybody which we could all do without.

3. Miro

Miro Registered

Well IMHO there is no trolling here, just a few people are trying to pollute or mute down critical opinions.

I myself enjoy the game but I am not happy with the development progress.
    And I think people have the right to state their opinion without being called trolls or haters or whiners.

Some don't want to hear others opinions or are just not able to observe things from different angels.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

There is trolling here...

It happens on every forum covering a wide range of subjects and by no means just here at ISI.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Exactly how I'm feeling right now, I love the sim but I'm getting immensly bored of repeating myself in various threads and nothing concrete coming from ISIs lips about certain aspects of the sim (not asking for direct answers to me personally but a general idea of answers to those threads from the community), this means I've lost faith completley in their customer service in relation to "keeping us posted"....honestly never known a company sooo quiet since Microprose closed the forums for Grand Prix 2 after Fans got irrate! (anyone remember that!?)
    Popping out the odd car & track along the way is cool and much appreciated but its as though they're saying "here have this and shut the hell up"...which we do until 6-8 weeks have passed and another update comes along and we're expected to do the same.

I have nothing to say about pCars or AC directly, but IF one or both of them become serious contenders then RF2 will be in trouble, its all well and good for US to have more choice but it will eventually hurt ISIs pocket and they simply must be aware of this, keeping a close eye on the competition is paramount in gaming terms.

I of course hope RF2 exceeds above them titles, but we'll see!

6. Saro

Saro Registered

WhaWhaWha so much whining in one thread while you have a very decent simulator at hand already :)

Everyone faintly familiar with the business knows timelines are almost impossible to keep (while making sure quality doesn't suffer) as there are always unforseen, hard to solve problems piling up around every corner.

1 person likes this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Cant race RF2 all the time hence people post in forums, plus ISI need all the feedback they can get so it'd be no use if everyone raced and never posted ;)

8. osella

osella Registered

Exactly, nothing to add from me. So I can fly out of this thread :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  9. tjc

tjc Registered

Nor do I... I enjoyed pCARS when it first came out but I`ve drifted from it now. Not going to say anything about AC because I can`t...

I also have been disappointed at popping in here to find no news from ISI and no update(s) but I really do think they have it covered and with time (sensitive word I know) I honestly think rf2 will have little real competition.

I would like to see the community have regular updates and info posted to us but I also believe in ISI and trust them to deliver something that will be quite special.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Finally I played rF2 after 2-3 weeks:)the Megan on the green hell is very fun!I just wanted to tell you that I still love rF2.:p

11. Nige

Nige Registered

Well I got a feeling that rFactor 2 will end up like Grand Prix 4 at this rate, it will get phased out by other sims/racing games that are going to be released roughly the same time/or sooner and ISI will struggle to keep up (which they already are) If PCARS had the physics the way it should, I got a feeling ISI would be in alot of trouble.

EDIT: Oops I basically summed up what MarcG said, sorry, was on a roll :eek:

1 person likes this.
  12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok please,now enough!don't compare a very good looking racing game,but with emm..decent physcis/ffb with a high level simulator like rF2 that will be the new reference of all the simulatosr(Pcars isn't in this category) of this generation!
    It's time to stop with this crapy comparison,stoppppppppppp.................please!

13. REDRUM

REDRUM Registered

I've always beat the RF2 drums when it comes to comparisons and debates... but given the new tyre seta model in pCars, I have been playing it daily for weeks now, different business model with a larger group of developers but this product may just be the underdog that nobody is expecting. Moving along.....

I am not trolling, I love RF2 but its time ISI pulled their **** together and start connecting with their beta community and involving us more, keeping us in the loop with plans, development progression, content progression, build progression and updates.

Make us all sign an NDA if necessary, I am sure every single person here would be happy to if it means they become more directly involved. Right now the entire development of this product has been disjointed from said 'beta community'.

You could also start releasing your nightly builds and unfinished content so we can actually do our part, you already have a tiered membership which you can work with to acomplish this. This is a beta, if a nightly build is broken... We don't care, however with an appropriate sub forum you could get valuable feedback from the community which would be beneficial to you.

You have a community of dedicated members who want to see RF2 succeed, its about time you started using them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I still haven't touched rF2 since the last great and extremely exhausting ~ISR~ endurance race at the Nords-"Green Hell"-schleife few weeks ago. Can't even imagine myself jumping into Megane and start raging around the Schleife - makes me wanna puke! :D

Yeah, I absolutely love it too but just can't stand it at the moment. Thin line between love and hate... ;)

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I almost hate to mention this, but I will. IF Assetto Corsa has good physics (and by everything I've read it's as good as rF2) then AC has the upper hand all around. They win in graphics (go find a gameplay video- there is no discussion- AC is just plain better looking), I don't know about sound or FFB (remains to be seen), but they have another thing no one- not even the most fervent of ISI fanboys- can argue with: LICENSES. AC has Lotus, Zonda, Tatuus, X-Bow, BMW. rF2 has Meganes, Clios, 2 Nissan GT cars and some fantasy cars. I know which I'd rather drive. Oh yeah, also laser scanned tracks. rF2 has the advantage of rain though, I'll give them that as AC won't have rain for a year after release.

ISI did have the advantage of coming out first and they have almost lost that advantage because they are dragging ass so badly in this dev process. My prediction: AC is going to eat rF2's lunch.

1 person likes this.
  16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yup, just sit back and enjoy (munch munch munch)
    I expect lots of red rep will be thrown around too! Like watching your fav WII war film!(munch munch)

17. osella

osella Registered

Neg reps will be defeated by nazi positive reps. Yay for system where everyone wins!

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You never know where the reds are coming from till last minute lol

19. coops

coops Banned

more whiners in the ISI forums more than i have ever seen online in rf2 so most ppl must play off line. OR WE HAVE A LOT OF TROLLS.
    i thought at this stage it would b more mod friendly than what ppl are saying.
    would b nice to get more feedback from ISI than content you must agree at this stage of the beta. ( so we have some idea )

20. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Sounds like some nice content, HOWEVER, we have no idea what ISI does have..... Tim said he has licenced F1 content from every decade. We have seen pics that are so simular to Marussia, that you can safely say we have that. Also there is FIA F2 (which you missed), Formula Renault 3.5 (which you also missed), Brabham F1 '66 (which you also missed), Skip Barber is comming, Tim also talked about having licenced a BTCC car. I think there is lots of cool stuff comming up, only there is no way to prove that all. If you don't feel like that, that's fine, but I do feel like that.

EDIT :: And also Mercedes 300SLR is confirmed having been licenced.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.