Wow, it's been so long since an update people aren't even complaining any more...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Also I have time to wait now with the F2 and the realroad implementation! Just amazing! ;)

2. Matador

Matador Registered

All I ask for the money I paid is a sim that resembles the promo Video, was the video a hoax to lure us into paying to finance the project???. Where is the sim that the video was made from?, I guess that could be called false advertising kind of like internet dating you see a great picture of the person but when they turn up on a date they are ugly.

David
    A Brit in the USA

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

think of it like this then:

You went on that internet date and the girl was a bit ropey, but you were desperate for a shag so stuck it out for a few weeks and got your pleasure. Then it occured to you she might actually be alright so you hung on for a few months just to see how it went, 11months later and you're almost falling in love....sure she has her faults but who has'nt? sure she may piss you off so you go and hang out with your mates down the pub for awhile, but you always end up going back and finding something new about her every month or so....the future for you both is exciting to say the least and it was worth that initial risk...even if her internet picture was blatantly not her!

1 person likes this.
  4. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

^ The deepest thing I've ever read on the tinternet...

1 person likes this.
  5. osella

osella Registered

There is definitely NOT.

Almost no modern big names tracks like spa, almost no old big names tracks, as for cars.. no complete gt series for example, OK some openwheelers here and there but far from being enough.

The only reason why I'm not angry is that I have almost zero time these days so I can spend those 2-3 hours a week with rF1 and be happy. If I had to play rf2.. I wouldn't have much to choose because I like different cars and tracks than those in rf2.
    And it won't change until gold is released because modding a beta in this state is risky and not pleasant, I admire those few guys like feels3 who actually do that it now.

6. Tony

Tony Registered

Love it Marc :D ..easily the most romantic post I've ever read in a sim-racing forum, made me laugh

This Topic alone has brought me back to rF2 Beta, lol

7. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

This is what we have from rfactor..

The next comming years until ISI produce another SIM will be great years!

8. tjc

tjc Registered

That was good watch and that sound! Couple of nice saves in there too...

Looks like a nice version of Nords, anyone know which version it is? Plus what`s the latest/final version of the DRM mod? 2?

:)

9. Richard P

Richard P Registered

Bin a while sinds I looked in to this forum and just saw this rf2 pictogram on my desktop and thought duhhhh there I almost forgot I am in the beta of this, anything new on the horizon?????

boring little game this way but it has a lot to offer in the future hopefully

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Holy cr@p! Four pages? I was just making an observation. Regarding your question, I believe Tim said not to expect an update this week.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

No it doesn't. Honestly. Four pages? This is insane. Everything from SW development methodology to building planes. What in the world? I was sincerely just making an observation. I have no complaints. Hell, I can't even keep up with all the awesome tracks coming out and I am still so addicted to 60s cars I haven't even looked at anything else other than occasional affairs with frankenstein Clios and rTrainer.

Having said all that, though, I have to admit that I plan to drop everything when the skippy hits town. ;-)

12. tjc

tjc Registered

It`s because we all needing something to post about waiting for the update so it was jumped on lol :p

13. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

You make valid points and there is one answer for it - profit. Everything is compromised to ensure the company/ies make profit, otherwise they're not doing business well.

1 person likes this.
  14. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

You can say that again! And ironic because the thread was about how quiet things were LOL.

15. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Exactly, that's the word.

I just hope ISI has solid economical situation to be able to continue developing racing sims as independent company. I feel they do it from the heart and not to be rich.

1 person likes this.
  16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

thats cool for you...problem is alot of us are into non fudged racing which until they update the core with some serious upgrades it is not possible to do...and driving the skippy will be just as incorrect as the rest of the cars until they do update the core

17. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I think you missed the bit where I said what I said. The bit in that huge wall of text where it says "everyone is having". I am a PC hardware engineer of 22 years. Have a look around the forums, and ask some questions maybe. Logging into servers is causing multiple CTD's to a large percentage of people. So is pitting for that matter. Get your facts straight before attempting to be clever.

[​IMG]

18. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

It is just frustrating having to wait for an idea every day. Speaking only from a personal perspective, the last thing I expected was to be at this stage 12 months after paying. Of course, I get access for a year after it goes Gold, so I can't say I am "missing out". Just seems like a disappointment. I have been following the development since it was first properly announced years ago. If you extrapolate this rate of development into the future, well - the future will be very long and slow.

EDIT: Such is - don't want to be a Negative Nancy. Just being honest.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  19. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

I'm happy to wait.

1 person likes this.
  20. coops

coops Banned

is it a yr already ? its not going as fast as we would like imagine how modders feel most of us are only drivers,and isi might be behind or in front we don't really know. (be patient) and imagine how good it is going to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.