[WIP] Nazareth Speedway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ethone, Dec 24, 2012.

1. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Can't you do your tests in rFactor with the CART Factor mod ? Or is rF2 that​ different ?

2. johnconner

johnconner Registered

go and emil the owner of that mod ask if we can convert it only takes 2 hours work.

3. ethone

ethone Registered

Converting down isn't quite that easy and I'm not sure if the
    Real road is also very different from the road/grip system rF1 had. I'm not convinced converting it down to rF1 would produce any meaningful results. I know the layout is accurate. I know the angles are accurate. I know the length is accurate.

As for what mod I'd like - I'd take any decent one to be honest. Any mod - tracks, cars, UIs, HDR profiles and whatnot - is of benefit to our community. Nazareth has always been an CART/IndyCar track to me, and those series have also been the top series at the track, hence my comment that I'd love to run such a car on this track.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yes I am aware and the differences in the 2 eras.

Yes I aware Nazareth was banked , 3 different elevations actually.

Normal in what way, tracks with banking have slanted garages and pits ? :)

I am not talking about on track.

I run lots of ovals in N2003 rF GTR GTL , I cant recall any I roll in the pits or garage areas including versions of Nazareth.

If you are saying Nazareth pits was purposely built with 1 degree slant for water runoff or something I would understand.

Otherwise the surveyor of the real track must have been on drugs.

Excessive rolling resistance in rF2 anyways. :)

5. ethone

ethone Registered

I think you misunderstand, we aren't talking about the banking here. The whole area the track was built on is was not flat. Turns 2/3 at the north are literally 30feet/10m higher than Turns 4/5 at the south. On the backstraight you are driving downhill. From Turn 5 to Turn 2 you're driving uphill. If you look at the grandstands you can see some of the elevation changing relative to the track.

The pitlane not being completely flat is a function of that, or you would necessarily have a pitlane like at the new Silverstone that is perfectly flat but "cuts" into the terrain as the track beside it is not perfectly flat.

6. johnconner

johnconner Registered

i am not sure the real road is working ??

7. ethone

ethone Registered

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

We had a online race and one of us got drive through penalty but the track did not registered him driving through the pitlane and he was disqualified. Could you look into it. Thanks :)

9. Hectari

Hectari Registered

I had a stop n go penalty but the safety car was in my pitbox, it wouldn't budge so race over :(

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

:O

11. ethone

ethone Registered

I had a quick look and didn't see anything obviously wrong. Could you two supply some more information please?

TIG - did the person enter the pitlane correctly? Pitlane entry detection only works between the pitwall and the commitment cone. If you were to miss the commitment cone and swerve into the pitlane after it, in the short space between the big cone and the guardrail of the pitlane it would not register. Do you have the replay of that instance perhaps?

Hectari - which pitbox was that? The first one? Last one? Any other?

12. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Tried to get in the box beside, behind, in front but wasn't possible and the safety car is locked in position.

[​IMG]

13. ethone

ethone Registered

Huh, interesting. I'll try to replicate it, thank you!

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I tried this myself: Stop&Go was ok. Also tried one drive trough penalty and it was ok. Not sure how he did come to the pits, have to ask him later.

It is hard to know which one of all the lines in the pitlane is the one where the pitlane starts...same goes for exit. Should it be highlighted somehow?

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

The lines that have the painted yellow square.

Pity if someone runs over the cones. lol :)

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thank you.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Odd thing I noticed is most tracks you can sit in pits with engine running and request pit stop and
    if you look TV cam you see your pitbox arrow, Nazareth does not.

Also if you do a stop and goyou do not see your pit-box till you pass the blend line which is a bit tough if you are the first few boxes.

18. ethone

ethone Registered

Yep, you will actually have to remember your pit box. The marker for your pit box only comes on when you cross pit entry, which is obviously only a short distance from the first pit box. The whole pitlane isn't very long and it's packed pretty tightly to even allow the 37 cars it currently supports. No 43 cars NASCAR fields sadly, there just isn't enough room.

Spot on with the pit entry/exit lines.

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Ethone, you need to take a closer look at race surface. Try it with modern F2 car ( default setup ) an you will see there are many severe bumps.
    I think no real oval track would be allowed to host a race with bumps like these.

Although I dont think these are actually bumps - they may be some kind of collision error - similar to the one in garage area. When leaving garage area, there is something wrong there that throws cars in the air.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I thought the bumps were natural for inside line at that Turn.

It is passing over the space where garages would be if you ran a full grid.

Turn rather sharp out of garage and run a straight line down to pit exit you be right.