[WIP] Nazareth Speedway

Discussion in 'Locations' started by ethone, Dec 24, 2012.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Can not race with new Nascar 2006 mod in here because the car does not stay attached to the road surface in the corners. Not sure if this is track or car problem.

2. ethone

ethone Registered

Thanks for the feedback K.

In the garage area DurgeDriven has it spot on. Since I use those car scales in the tents I also needed to have some collidable object, which I did through a wider and simplified non-render object that mimicks the scales. So far so good, but there is a bug: If you include a non-render object in the pitbox instance (which would make them disappear as well if the pitbox is not in use), the Render=False flag no longer works and the collision object becomes visible. So I had to keep the collision objects for those scales even when the pit tent and trailer is not there if I wanted to have those scales at all.
    I guess I could have put up some cones to make navigating it easier. I also didn't consider that someone who never ran with a full field at the track would have no idea to keep closer to the right side on exiting the pits.

As for the bumps, I added them manually and they are not an error. :) You are right though, with some cars they can be quite a handful. During testing I had much bigger problems running over them with the FR3.5s (also because of the limited setup options) than the F2s though, in the F2s I could easily run over them without unsettling the car too much.
    The problem I had here is that there is no proper car to calibrate the bumps with. There is no ChampCar or even IndyCar of the era to run and see if they react properly to the bumps. Those were cars that could handle something as insanely bumpy as the Cleveland Airport course. Nazareth itself had some nasty bumps in Turn 2, where the ground-level access road actually crosses the track.

About NASCAR 2006 - I haven't tried it but would presume a car issue. From the screenshot in the car mod's thread it looks like the car rolls over onto the RF tire, which might be due to a too high center of gravity or the suspension properties. With all the ISI cars I tested there's no issue running Nazareth and there is nothing special about the track surface. 1.00 grip with only geometrical banking and standard RealRoad material.

3. Jize

Jize Registered

great! now we need that cart 1994/1995 mod for rf2! :D - iDT i'm all yours!!

4. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

Why not merging your collision object to your pit tent mesh, and make that collision object with a transparent material ?

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

It's probably the mod because Corvettes work good here. Have not tested other ISI cars here but I believe you..