What happened to the sim racing community with rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I have no idea what you just said? :confused:

2. johnconner

johnconner Registered

I am making a NASCAR mod I will have. 1 car demo shortly but I need an oval track I would convert the track from rffactor
    1 but I have no time still have 3 cars to finish.

3. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Yes... and you asked for working ovals, and theres Indianapolis speedway, Pembrey and Joesville as far as I know.

4. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I would LOVE to get Bathurst. Man I'm dying to get that track in rF2.

5. Twista

Twista Registered

The problem I have with the current state of community is the fact that a lot of teams and individuals are using the fact that we're still in beta as a reason not to develop tracks. And for that reason, we have a very limited list of tracks that actually match the quality of the developer-made tracks (I'm looking at you, Feels and Tuttle). The majority are conversions from either RF1, or games from last decade, which are awful to drive on because they have so few polygons on the surface.

6. johnconner

johnconner Registered

We are not all perfect the conversions like you say have less detail but at least that person tried to give us something to drive on I have spa converted from code masters 2012 an that is also awful so it hard to judge what is good you can take an old track and increase the detail a lot and at the end of the day in rfactor 1 no modded track or car was anywhere near as good as what ISI gave us converted or from scratch I would say CTDP Bahrain was very good as was the rest of there work.

7. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well done tracks take time. Magione for netkar took two years to build and that's only a 2.5Km track. Guess what? It was released without any annoying bugs. Patience people patience.

8. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Of course it's illegal. You can't use others work without permission.
    It works the same for music, movies, software, and mods (track, cars).

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If I were to rip one of your tracks to another sim that is not illegal.

10. johnconner

johnconner Registered

Only if you charge money or gold for them there is such thing as fair use.

11. Twista

Twista Registered

They don't have to be perfect, but I think the community has to step up to the what this new generation of sims can offer. And so far, I've not seen it. I don't think it'll be any different when AC comes out, either. And there were some circuits on RF1 that were vastly better than what ISI offered. Of course, there were some that were conversions from games in the 90's that were still fun to drive. But there were laser scanned circuits, which isn't something ISI was able to bring to the community. I'm sure in time there'll be a greater number of high quality tracks, but right now, there really aren't many.

12. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Well... good news:

Quote: Gavin
    ORSM intends to convert all V8factor Unleashed content for RF2 including our currently unreleased material.

...and ORSM made the Bathurst track for rF1 AND they plan to recreate Bathurst from scratch for rF2.

13. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

If feels3 or anyone else does not give you permission, then it is illegal.

14. johnconner

johnconner Registered

Very true dude, we need to find an oval track I am not setting a 2012 Toyota NASCAR loose Round mills metro park we will all crash heavy .

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

He'd have to get a copywrite first!! I highly doubt he would be able to get a legal copywrite since he puts "dunlop" and etc. signs WITHOUT their permission. So using him as an example, legally he wouldn't have a leg to stand on and would NOT get any copywrite protection. ;)

16. johnconner

johnconner Registered

What are we asking permission for ?.are you asking for permission before you have seen any work sory this is far of this topic and you missed out the fair usage policy

17. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

From the same article:

18. Twista

Twista Registered

Copyright isn't really applicable for mods, exactly as Cdnracer said. The best attribution you'd be able to give it would be Creative Commons, but even then people are allowed to copy or convert it, as long as it's not for profit. However, that doesn't make copying/converting sans permission okay. Legally, it's fine, but it's bad etiquette and it's not a very respectful way to treat someones work.

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

But then his tracks are ILLEGAL but the same law!! LOL. You aren't listening. If I go and buy a pound of marijuana and the guy only sells me 3/4 of a pound I can't take the guy to small claims court. The entire transaction was illegal! This is the same thing.

20. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Oh and the Adrenaline Factor folks will be bringing their V8supercar content to rF2 aswell.