What happened to the sim racing community with rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Feb 10, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok only solid evidence from Krunch (that I replied too, memories fading!) but good enough for me, Bathurst and V8Factor in RF2 are a must have for me! ta mate :)

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Here John. Do spec gauges. You can see Kevin Harvicks cockpit here. RCR dash will obviously be different than Burger King racing but close enough. :p

3. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

No, ripping a track is not a sharing, it's stealing models and textures. I have explained this on example with photo/track.

Ask a lawyer if you don't believe me.

4. johnconner

johnconner Registered

you are correct on commercial law for sure but this does not apply to a comunity that is why we are hear because we can, but like you say for gold or silver its a different matter but you are scaremongering the comunity and making people not want to buy the simulator because people think they are going to end up with the hole of the pirate bay inside there pc.

5. johnconner

johnconner Registered

them gauges will be hard to do what car is this one a ford?

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Oh dear, lol. I'm out. Good luck with your crusade. You just don't get it that the law won't protect someone who doesn't abide by it themselves. Don't call the police when someone steals the bike you stole. ;)

@john. That's the Chevy.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  7. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

That's completly different story, I'm talking only about law - in theory, the law it's on moders side :)

If you want use my track - you're free to do that :), I don't have a problem with that, I even gave Croft and Putnam Park to few people. (3ds max files)

But there can be someone who don't want to share his work - and community IMHO should respect that.

EDIT:

Making a virtual track like Croft or making a photo of Croft - is the same. You can do that. It's not a steal.

8. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Well this thread has quit a nice sprinkeling of all kinds of revelant and non revelant posts ..lol Johnconner your mod looks great ! ,can't wait for someone to dish up some realroad ovals ! someone pleas give the man an oval ..lol have you put your mod info in the modding /reelese forum ?;-) ..
    Do we have a law and ethics section ..or is this it ? I think that fight will never end ...

back to the OP ...

I still think its to early to expect to see the lobbys full of new available content , Tim has stated that ISI has not started the heavy marketing push yet but i think that wave is building , K SZczech made a statment that relates to this when he said "when we see ISI make thers final art pass and update the earlyer mods that will be the signe that allot of modders are waiting for" or somthing to that nature .. This I belive is true ..after this happends if thers still not allot of content being shared that might raise a red flag but i dont think that will happen.... the nuts and bolts of the game are complex ... the game play is fantastic and addictive so i belive we will have tons and tons of content pouring in over the next few years .. well i hope so anyway ..lol

cary on ~!~~ ;-)

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No it just makes you a arsehole.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Praise the lord and pass me some jeebus juice this man gets it!!

converting textures from one sim to another is far from stealing. It's still sharing from one medium to another. Boy some are just dense around here. o.k. For the last time I"m out of here!!!

11. johnconner

johnconner Registered

Dude i need an oval track i can only test 2nd and 3rd gear in dev mode i can not get topspeed i just bang into the wall :)

12. buzard

buzard Registered

Since rFactor2 is a beta and it is not finished and released the modders are learning and waiting for everything to be finalized.

Why make a track then have ISI change the way the track works?

Wait until rFactor2 is released then the mods will come.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So what is it make people think they are special and can sell what no one else does, huh ?

They have no rights no licence and I bet don't pay tax.

DO NOT SUPPORT PAYWARE ( in non payware simulations )

If they want payware buy a PAYWARE SIM ( iRacing, RRRE , AC , ) etc etc etc

Dur lopl

Payware in rF2 is okay with ISI, fine, then I will inform the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and see what they think. :p

" They " can explain their bs philospohy to them. lol

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Alles and MAK I reported you to ISI for PMs

You are being personally insulting , I am not...............

Stop the PMs on sites , you are being a stalker, I do not care what you think and will say what I like, when I like.

You are the one needs
    and pay to build your own sim.

15. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I didnt personal insult you, ive sayed stop whining wich you clearly do, youre hijacking threads with youre personal interests.
    Ive sayed you that if you have a problem come to me but stop complaining all around as youre only trolling and nothing else here.

16. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

um er ah nice weather today...

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Absolutely nothing wrong with payware, aslong as its their own work they are asking compensation for.
    Is it, pay to download or "support" the project pretence, I'm happy to pay few dollars here and there to get first class content.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I never said there was anything wrong with payware.

In fact you read back start of threads I said I WOULD SUPPORT IT DONE THE RIGHT WAY.

That to me means buying a sim that has payware.

The only reason I keep commenting is people keep using these threads to advertise commercial product.

Why don't I join MAK with a hacked IP and give them grief 24/7 if I am a troll. ?

No they are the trolls advertising and PMing me at multi sites when they have their own.

Dont edit my quotes either next time I report you.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I said "people" that pilfer work are arseholes ?

That was not personal. ?

He sent me PM and was personally insulting.

ffs big difference.

lol ?

20. Golanv

Golanv Registered

[​IMG]