United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Good races. Thanks everybody. At race 2 start I broke right suspension on kerb on T1 exit, I blame VLM for making kerb so abruptly high where it starts :)

2. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thanks for hosting and thanks to all participants. Maybe not as many drivers as we had expected, but this was the first event for this league. I think it will take some time to grow. But 20+ signups. If we do not have more drivers for next race, maybe you should make sure they are still interested, or open up for new drivers to join.

Quali went better than expected. I had expected someone, at least my brother Robert, would be more competive. But somehow I found extra speed today with the "human" real road (my best lap was low 2.07 with AI rubber yesterday, only slightly better than Robert), but pole with 2.06.1 today ;)

Race 1 was a quite easy trip to be honest. Kane was the only one that managed to keep some pressure on me, but finally I managed to open up a gap. In Race 2, I was very careful first lap but gained a few positions. After Robert and Matt's little incident on lap 3, I found myself in 2nd with a big gap up to Kane. Eventually I begun to close the gap and he made some mistakes. We had a good fight before I managed to get past and open up a little gap and won the race. I hope we have more drivers for next race :) Maybe a little reminder for those who signed up or more promotion :)

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

We have 2 weeks to go so good time to know who's in for the next races.

I knew that many won't make it to the first race. I would hope that those who can't make it would send me a PM so I would have clearer picture where we are going.

For example I thought that Hectari, Ronnie and rockerman would take part in the first event...

I know that we had some problems like last minute rules and last minute password... but I will improve and hopefully we have troublefree event next time :)

6. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

Really good event today! Thanks for the efforts! The two race sprint format is cool!

View attachment 10834

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  7. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Everything will be worked out for next round, will have rubber presets for all tracks too from now on. Gammy is my friend, he will be there next race, so thats 2 more people, lol

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I can think few others too that should be there next time so looking good :)

9. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Apologies for missing the race, gutted I did. Received my new mobo, cpu and cooler on Thursday and had some time before the race on Sunday to install it, so I went for it as I was really looking forward to the race and wanted the extra fps the upgrade would bring. One problem after another though, a bit of a nightmare for various different things and by the time I realised I wasn't going to get it up and running I didn't have time to swap back to my old hardware, which i'm running now until I can get the bios updated on the mobo so that the cpu will post with it :(

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Technical stuff hate me too, lol. Always some surprises and some tweaking needed.

Anyway, I hope for much better turnout next time :)

Some have said that they will drive only some races and some had problems either with hardware or with the timing in the first event but that doesn't explain the weak turnout.

Please, inform me if you have signed up but haven't told me that you are planning to skip some races.

11. Bart S

Bart S Member

Sorry I quit the race early, I had zero practice I thought time wise it would be like SR4L where from 6pm it would be practice 7.30pm quali 8pm race.

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Official practice is 45 mins but the server is open all the time (probably all our tracks in rotation). You can join the server little earlier on a race day if you want more practice. There's minimum amount of practice also required in the rules at least in those cases where one haven't practiced at all during a week.

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Only got one answer so far and it was from Juraj telling that he's planning to take part in rest of the races.

If no answers then I assume you are planning to take part in every race :) Ronnie, Mehryar, Bart, Chris, Eddy, Nikos?

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

It was wrong for me to assign as lately my free time has deteriorated and I will end up coming to races with little or no practice, which is very dangerous for the rest racers.
    I will PM you asking for password if Im fit (and there is a slot) to join for certain races.

Have fun all :)

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Matt, next event`s page has "Howston G6" as the car of choice? Is this a mistake? I thought it would be G4 for not fast tracks like Mid-Ohio.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Don't believe it's a mistake, but I have to test it myself if it's good there. I think it was originally chosen based on Hedlund's suggestion.

EDIT: Did few laps around Mid-Ohio no chicane with g6 (last model). Managed to get to 1.28.3 after few laps on a rubbered track (16 AIs rubber after 5 laps or so).

Also did a test with g4 (last model) and managed to get 1.29.1 after 3 laps. Car felt more stable and I could be more consistent but there weren't big difference in speed. Maybe g6 could be more easy to drive if I would change gear ratio.

Anyway, if we just stick to g6... I need to see consensus here in order to change it to g4 or allow them both... there really isn't right answer to this, just personal preferences.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
  17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`m ok with G6 if thats what was set earlier. I was just asking to be sure.

18. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Ive done a 1:24.5 with the g6, 1:25's with the g4

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Btw, new guys who are reading this... we have open seats for our championship. I open sign ups for two more seats atm. Sign up here or at http://usr.simresults.net/signup/

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

When I mentioned the G6 for Mid-Ohio, I meant the slowest 1965 model. But now we will have free choice of model, I guess... But anyway, it's no problem. G6 and G4 can be driven on any track, slow or fast..