United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Did some practice in Sebring tonight with few other guys from our line up:

http://simresults.net/131113-kw4

if someone are wondering what times are possible here... I had the fourth model.

Season opener is soon, I'm excited :)

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Also, we have new sign up, welcome Mehryar! :)

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I did a few practice laps alone at the USR server earlier tonight. It would be nice with some rubber (real road file) because otherwise it's unneccessary to do any serious practice. Offline is not the same thing, because AI is running different lines and rubber is not optimal. I remember from last season with SR4L when we were running F2's at Sebring, that I improved my laptime a whole second when we stopped using AI's real road and changed it to our own (saved after each online practice session).

Anyway... I tried the G4 1969 which I suppose will be the faster one here (not totally sure). I did about 5 laps and my best time was 2:12 on green track. Not tried rubbered track yet.

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I agree that it would be good for practice... I also hope that more guys would practice so you wouldn't have to be alone there :)

But for our race day it's nice to start with green track imo... I like to see how the track evolves during the weekend.

I thought there was preset rubber last time we were there becuase when we restarted a weekend then the rubber stayed there... or is this just how it works?

You could also always vote for adding AI in online too?

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hello racers I have bad news. Last weekend broke my steering wheel. The wheel has still warranty so this is not so bad but it's the only one I have and until today I've nothing received from fanatec.
    Due this I can't race with you on sunday :(

sorry

6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

@ TIG_green and other founders of the league...

Don't you guys think we need rules and regulations for everyone to read before first race? Except "clean racing" and "no wreckers tolerated" I can't find anything that says what we can do and what we can't do.

- Some words on cutting the track (especially during quali. We have some corners at Sebring where you should not go with more than 2 wheels outside the inside curb. For example the esses before long straight where it's possible to cut).
    - Blue flag
    - Enter/exit pit rules (example: in public servers everyone will cut the white line and drive through the cones at Sebring pit exit. I don't think this should be allowed)
    - No chat while quali and race or will it be allowed?
    - Will drivers recieve penalties when not following rules?
    At SR4L we also have some instructions on what is allowed when defending position and what is not allowed.

I don't know if all participants are experienced sim racing drivers so therefore it is even more important.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Fair question Hedlund, yes, I can make some rules. Only thing is that we don't have anybody who would monitor races live giving real time penalties. Me and nascar2112 are server admins but we both also race. Warnings and time penalties (and in worse case, a ban) are given post race. Of course wreckers can be banned immidiately (but I don't believe we have any).

I know most that have signed up... have raced with you guys and know many by their honorable reputation.

I count on that those who see rule braking will report me back if they feel violation of rules was severe enough.

We will be using Teamspeak but it's optional (will put TS info to our website). You can mute TS during the race, your call. But no text chat during the race. I think quali is ok.

But now to the rules (these will be in our website too):

§1 Avoid contacts in the first lap at any cost. If you get a poor start that doesn't mean you can try to do grazy outbraking attemps trying to recover your position. First lap contacts will be dealt strictly.

§2 Cutting with four wheels outside the track will lead to a warning. If it's done on purpose then it might lead to a straight 5 sec time penalty (will be added to our overall time). Also three (3) warnings will lead to a 10 sec time penalty.

§3 Choose your driving line before the mid-point of a straight. After this line no line changing. Max 1 line change per straight. Forbidden blocking will lead to a 5 sec time penalty and 3 forbidden blocking attempts in a race will lead to a DQ. I need reports of these and will investicate them after the race.

§4 Cutting the white line in pit outing is forbidden. Leads to a 10 sec time penalty.

§5 Blue flags: let the faster car(s) pass you at a next straight at latest. 2 warnings will lead to a 15 sec time penalty. (+rf2 has it own penalty rules of course)

§6 Leave enough room to others in overtaking situations. Ramming is not tolerated and will lead to time penalties or DQ (every situation will be evaluated separately, normal racing incidents will not be penalized)

§7 Practice session is compulsory. This is to advance clean racing. At least 5 laps required when lap time is between 3 to 5 mins, 3 laps when over 5 mins laptime and 8 laps when under 3 mins laptime. These laps are required in order to take part in a race. If you have a good reason not take part in a practice session, you will be granted the right to participate.

§8 Constantly text chatting during a race will be lead to time penalty or DQ.

There, I believe those are enough. We shouldn't have problems with those :)

But I highlight first lap caution. We all want to complete the whole race and have fun.

-Matt
    United Sim Racers founder and server admin

EDIT: I'm sorry that these rules came in so late. Hopefully everyone has time to read them still :) not too complex I hope. Just don't cut, don't crash with others, give room to faster guys and don't change line too often and you will be ok, the normal stuff :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
  8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I like this rules. For cutting we also must specify if kerbs are part of a track or not. And Matt, starts will be Standing or Formation/Standing?

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Fair enough. I had not expected you guys to monitor the race :p People can report to you about incidents they think you should look at after the race, providing some info and exact point in time in the replay file :)

Are we allowed to write "sorry" during race, when causing an accident or no chat at all? Anyway, I prefer to not write anything during race and take all discussions when race is finished.

What about swearing? Maybe some rule against it so we don't need to hear "wtf r u doing?" and stuff ;)

Otherwise rules looks good. It's only our first race so of course rules could be added later, if needed...

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

IMO kerbs should be considered as part of the track. Any different opinions on that?

Regarding starts, I have always preferred Standing, without formation lap. Atm formation lap is unneccessary because it's extremely hard to get any heat into the tires. Also, when people are trying to do that, it often end up in several accidents lol :)

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Standing start. Apparently server has that set already. I prefer that too. (We have some pretty long tracks)

Kerbs are part of a track.

If we just leave all the "sorries" and swearing after race :) (hopefully no swearing against each other :p)

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

18 hours to go to the first event :)

See you on track soon. Remember to read through the rules.

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  13. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Hi Tig, sessions will start at 18:00 utc/gmt or 16:30 due to f1? (i´m ok with both, just want to be sure to not lose the 1st race or get too early :p )
    The last post in league site is 18:00 but i´m not following much changes in schedule. Do you have any plans to change this time in future?

edit: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx
    to help

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Hi Jerry,

It starts 16:30 UTC/GMT. Should be over about 30 mins before f1 race start. Right starting times are in USR website (calendar).

Other races start at 18:00. I could start earlier if that would be better for all, not later.

15. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I'm 80% sure I can't make it. I don't think I can be home at time. I will try but 18:00 was tricky, near impossible. 16:30 seems complete impossible. I try but if not, sorry :(

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Apparently password isn't set to the server... well, always some starting troubles. Event starts in 10 minutes so no time to set password anymore. I try to handle possible visitors that have not signed up.

See you on track!

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

password set.

Quali starting... still time to get in guys!

18. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Can't join server. Connection failed!

19. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

damn, i missed :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered