United Sim Racers - Season 1 - sign up thread

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TIG_green, Oct 20, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Sign up by posting here or at our site: http://usr.simresults.net/signup/ (no registration needed)

24 sign ups already (not everyone in every race, maybe 15 in every race)... 2 seats left

Good evening/morning/day fellow racers,

It's time to open sign ups for our first championship. There are already 24 drivers signed up. Send me a PM if you are interested to join. We have 2 free seats at the moment.

Car for our championship: Howston g4/g6 (those who join will decide if we use only g4 or g6 (all types) or will we force the use of both in some way)
    Tracks: at our site in the event calendar (changes possible if majority decides so)

We have 10 races in our calendar. First race will take place on 17th of November 2013 and the last race on 30th of March 2014.

First race will start 16:30 UTC/GMT. Other events will start at 18:00 UTC/GMT. Events will consist of 45 min practice, 15 min qualification, 5 min warm-up, race 1- 25 mins, 5 min brake/warm-up, race 2- 25 mins (reversed grid).

Driving aids: no other than clutch and auto-shifting.

Also changing weather conditions are planned in some races (will probably make "weather forecast" page in our webpage)

Clean racing is really important to us, wreckers are not tolerated.

Server will be password protected but open to all outside the championship events.

We'll be using latest track versions and always a latest stable build (can be changed if all decide so). All needed components are provided by us (mainly dl links).

Contact me if you have any further questions.

I hope to see many of you on track :)

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2013
  2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

3. canastos

canastos Registered

I would apply, but my sundays are already busy, at less til mid January; if possible, I could join for the second half of the season, because these cars and the selected tracks are great fun, but until then I'm not sure if I will have the time; will see ;)

Have fun, and if someone is hesitating, go on, you will find nice people and clean races there

byyyyyyyyyye

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Andrey Zlobin
    I will try to race, but if I will feel tired I might skip second race of the evening sometimes.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Good to have you with us :)

I put your name to our webpage also if you don't mind.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Join me for short races on our championship tracks on Sundays at GMT/UTC 18:00 before our first official race on 10th of November!

Good opportunity to practice and meet your fellow racers :)

sign ups still open at http://usr.simresults.net/signup/ (or by posting here)... don't hesitate to join and try to be the best to tame the Howstons!

-Matt

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Server open daily for practice!

Server name: United Sim Racers Howstons- Public

Tracks: Howston championship tracks (http://usr.simresults.net/event-calendar/)

15 qualification - 15 min races rotation.

Voting enabled.

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have heard that our sessions are at the same time as SR4L events... could everyone who participate in SR4L events and would also like to participate in our championship report here. I could change our calendar somehow (move first race to 3rd or 17th of November, which would affect the rest of the calendar too) if that would bring many more players.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

I don`t participate (yet :p) in SR4L events TIG.

I`ve also PM`d you. :)

10. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I participate in SR4L 60s F1 events.

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I'm tempted to move our championship start one week back or forth so that it's not the same time as SR4L events...

This is only possible if we get more drivers this way. I don't want to end up gaining 2-3 new drivers but then losing 5...

PMs sent to all that have signed up now. Is it possible to change the first event date to 3rd or 17th of November?

Those who aren't signed up because of SR4L could you inform if you would participate in our championship if we run our events on different Sundays than SR4L do?

3rd of November Sunday might come too fast for many so is 17th more realistic if we decide to change the starting day?

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
  12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

So far 4 "yes" votes (including me) for the change of dates...

I will update this.

Edit: 8 "yes" votes

13. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Still missing opinion from Gammy, Emil, alpha-bravo and Jerry.

Hope you guys read these :)

14. Emil Zhelyazkov

Emil Zhelyazkov Registered

Hi,
    I don't participate SR4L races.
    Unfortunately it turned out that 18 GMT is too early hour for me.
    I guess I can not participate. I participated in the competitions if carried out by 20 GMT or later.
    Sorry !

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

It seems that vast majority have shown green light for the move of the first race.

We shall start on 17th of November then. This way we will have enough time to set up the server properly also. Those who didn't have time to tell their opinion can still cancel this .

Sorry to hear that Emil. Sign up deleted.

- Matt

16. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

17. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Sign me up, I voted for Howston and most of the tracks that have been included.

Though when I saw each round would clash with SR4L I thought I was out of luck, so it's great that it suits most signed up so far to run on our off week.

I'm sure you'll get a good few more of us by the time Round1 comes around.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Good news, welcome aboard :)

If you want to use different in game name than your forum name then you could sign up here: http://usr.simresults.net/signup/ (no registration needed)

If not, then I can add you to the list also...

Atm I have 10 "yes" votes. Only Gammy haven't answered yet. And tjc haven't signed up yet (but is participating in some races).

So atm we should have 13 sign ups, 10 drivers doing the whole championship... but hopefully more to come :)

19. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Cheers, good stuff :cool:

Signed up on the site now.

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Approved :)

I also sent PMs to Hedlund, Bart S and Nikos... hopefully we get them with us :) (don't know others from SR4L, unless Fergy is also a racer)