[REL] Tv Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, May 12, 2014.

1. Marc Christopher Harris

Marc Christopher Harris Registered

Is there any wiki on how the replay tool works, at the moment, it seems very buggy, and clicking on an event doesnt seen to jump to that event at all?

Or even any instructions?

Thanks!

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Instruction: After the server switched to race session you have to manually go into replay mod. Just hit the rF2 replay button (usually "r"). After that just click "go back to live" in the remote console and after that jumping to an event works

3. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Hi Gerald,

Currently replay layer works only when using the replay by Remote Control.
    An update to the layer appears even to those who do not use the remote control, (using the realtime) appear even when using the hotkey within the rFactor 2 (R button) would be possible?

Thank you

4. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

@Jeferson Richart : I will look if it is possible

Hi folsk, i work on a new revamped version of the TV Console (taking into account severald feedback - Thanks to "Paddock TV" to provide me a detailed proposal)

The new console provide more information and will have a wider UI to ease the utilization. You will have also a new UI to view live track . Another main feature is that you will be able to detach any "tab" content into a standalong window, so you will be able to view several UI at a time (i your monitor resolution is enough bigger :))
    - i will post new UIs tonight

I have a question for TV Console users. I would like to provide you ready to use camera animation, like traveling from swingman cam to a sattelite view, or a travelling from nosecam to rear view via a smooth rotation(and translation) animation, etc...

Unfortunatlly due to rF2 specificity, to move the camera i need to activate the "Free Look", so you will have no more control on the mouse, and you will need to manually toggle "Free look" to get back control of your mouse. So i wonder if this feature can be usefull with this huge (from my point of view) limitation.

5. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Great to hear about that update. I'm really looking forward for this. Especailly the live track is a great addition. But i don't think that this camera animations are needed. I think it could look kind of unrealistic if the camera flies around :D

6. Gerald Jacobson

Remove Console 3.0.0 & Plugin 2.9.3 available
    - Updated GRTVPluginConsole.exe
    - Updated GRTvPlugin.dll && GRTvPlugin_x64.dll

Redesign of the TV Console and the plugin send more data to console.

Hope i did not create regression issues, in case of, the previous version is here

Main évolution:
    - Each UI tab can be detached in a stand alone window & atach back to the tab pane.
    - Many new data in the driver rank UI
    - All buttons (Widget, camera, replay time, ...) much more easier to use
    - Add a live track UI

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And with detached tabs:
    [​IMG]

7. Konrad

Konrad Registered

Thank you for this update ! I hope I will use it sooner on Paddock TV :cool:

8. Marc Christopher Harris

Hello. In the customization, particularly the tower, is there a way of setting a background image unique to each driver?

Or can you just set one background image for the whole "driver name" column?

Many Thanks.

Marc.

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Hi guys, is it possible to change the fonts and colors and maybe style of the bars?

10. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

At the moment the replay function is a little buggy. When I hit the replay key the HUD does not change. Sometimes is stays saying Replay at the top of the screen, and other times it doesn't at all. In saying that could we possible have an optional function so that the HUD and replay doesn't operate in real time. So for instance if I want to replay an event, and when I'm finished the replay I can jump straight back into the broadcast without having missed anything.

Great job with it all though :D

11. Gerald Jacobson

Hi,
    Please read the wiki. All customization possibilities are explained.

12. O M G Gerald, you just added the icing on the cake - will have to update now :)

13. Marc Christopher Harris

So what your saying Gerald, is you can change all of the background images for all of the drivers at once - but not have Driver 1 with one colour, driver 2 with another, etc etc...?

14. Gerald Jacobson

Actually yes.

15. Marc Christopher Harris

Okay, thankyou, at least I know now!

16. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Hi Gerald, is there any plans on making so the replay function does not run in real time. So for example when looking at a replay we are not missing out on any part of the race, so being able to replay and then return to where we were?

17. Gerald Jacobson

Hi. Sorry. I don't understand how you can see the replay and the race at the same time.

18. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

When I hit the replay button, the replay graphic doesn't not appear. Thefor I do not know if I am in replay mode or real time mode. However sometimes the opposite happens, where I hit replay and the replay graphic appears, but the race HUD never returns. It gets a little confusing when I don't know if I'm in replay mode or real time.

Also I was wondering when we hit replay and the replay finishes, the race returns. So an example is when I hit the replay button, the race pauses, and when the replay is finished I can return to the race without havining missed anything. As of now when I go to a replay I miss some of the race while the replay is on. Sorry it's a little tricky to explain myself. :rolleyes:

19. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yes there is a little bug in the replay function. When you select an event the plugin doesn't switch to that event and player in replay but only to the player. It works when you, after the session changed e.g. from warm up to race, you manually switch into the replay with the rf2 key and than click "back to live" in the tv console. After you did that the replay function in the console works like it should

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Does this plugin include an automated camera? Or are other people using different plugins for broadcasts?