[REL] Tv Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, May 12, 2014.

1. Marc Christopher Harris

Marc Christopher Harris Registered

Can you use this plugin on a replay file.

I was unable to be at the machine yesterday, so couldn't broadcast live - however I have all of the replay files.

When I load a replay file, the plugin does not work.

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

The plugins are not active in replay mode.

3. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Yes several types of automated camera

4. Marc Christopher Harris

Is this something that is potentially easy enough to activate in a future release?

Opens up a massive amount of potential for broadcasters, as they don't have to be sat at the machine when the race is live, and can do it in more comfort. = better quality broadcasts, and also allows broadcasts over different time zones.

5. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

Good Job Gerald.

Just one thing. Is it possible to control the overlay through consol from the own Desktop? The new update is nice but if the monitor Resolution is low the new console is as big as the half Desktop. No chance to see anything from the race :p

6. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Have to request to ISI ;)

7. Marc Christopher Harris

;) could ISI help with this or would it have to be (the very talented, and amazing, Gerald) :cool:

8. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It's on ISI side, because it's the game engine that not activate plugins in replay mode.

9. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

It would have to be ISI as the plugin API's don't load in replays. It's a core feature that ISI would have to look at (I think). Even then it's totally possible that not all of the required data would be saved in the .vcr file. Not that I've checked it's construct.

Would be nice to have but super low priority....that's even if it has any priority attached to it at all. It wouldn't be used by many compared to where they could spend more dev time.

EDIT: Mad beat me too it while I took a call :)

10. Gerald Jacobson

Hi.

Give me a proposal and i will look to it.

Thanks

11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yes i would like to see that as well. All the widgets like the trackmap and timings are nice but you have to decide which you want to have on top of your desktop when you don't broadcast the race from your own server. What i would propose is that you could connect with a client app to the tvplugin which send all the information through the internet and so you could control the plugin from your own pc and not the broadcast pc.

I don't see any needs in that. When you don't want to watch/stream the race live you can just watch the replay.vcr!

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

You don't have the classification, speedtrap, ... that offers the TV plugin when you have only the replay.
    And some commentators prefer drive during the race, and after make the comments on the replay ;)

13. Marc Christopher Harris

+ 1 to this...

Plus people should't be tied down to a time and a place, particularly with time zones.

14. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I agree completely. It would be fantastic if we could 'broadcast' the race when it's already finished. Even if we could have the replay plugin nit run in real time. So example is when the race is finished we can just rewind to the beginning and record there with all the HUD matching up to what we are recording.

Reason for me is that I only want to records parts of a race, but still want to use this fantastic plugin. The problem I have now is that the HUs becomes out of whack when I replay a race as soon as it ends.

15. Marc Christopher Harris

Would be great to have to not commentate over 10 mins of warm up every round!

16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

awesome thanks!

17. Gerald Jacobson

New Version: TV Console v3.0.1 & Plugin v3.0.1 Updated

Plugin:
    - Fixed plugin issue preventing to use the TV Console on a different PC to the one used to run rF2/plugin

TV Console:
    - Now you can specify the AIW filename in the "GRTVPluginConsole-Track.ini" of the TV Console (usefull when launching TV Console & rF2 on two different PC) -> if the AIW exists in the extract path then the TV Console will not try to extract this file from mas for the Live Track

18. Ren-alt-130

Ren-alt-130 Registered

Hi Gerald, for the league I'm driving with I do some Livestreams as well, and I just love your Plugin. And yes, you need to trial-and-error some hours to have customised it in a good way. But it pays of.

Here you can find a Livestream using your plugin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bng-aOEtqQw

Now I see there is an update, great stuff on the Console part, even more easy to use now. Thanks again.

19. Gerald Jacobson

20. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Hi, I had to re-download this plugin but am having trouble getting it to work. I copied the GRTvPlugin_x64.dll (64bits) into my core plugins folder. I also copied the GRTvPlugin" directory into the userdata/player folder. Unfortunately in game it is not working for me; I have tried hitting the enter key but that does nothing. Any idea's, because I am lost on all of this.