[REL] Tv Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, May 12, 2014.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

please provide the full directory location where you put the DLL and the DATA

2. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I put the DLL in C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Plugins

I put the data in C:\Users\User\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\player

3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

As soon as I posted that last message I figured it out, had it in the wrong file. I have another question though, on the first page you say:

The tool is delivered with two UI:
    - Classic (Demo of all widgets) Default UI
    - Gt-Series (based on Blancpain)

Edit "GRTvPlugin.ini" to specify which UI ini to use (to use the gt-series, uncomment its line and
    comment the other one)

However I am unsure of what line I am meant to be commenting/uncommenting? No sure what it means either. :) Thanks.

4. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Hi Gerald,
    in preparation for our upcoming league we tried out the new version of your tv plugin. I have to say I am really impressed with the new console, lots of enhancements there, well done!
    One thing I found problematic was the new buttons instead of the old dropdown list for selecting cameras. I should add that we tried out the new console with the ISI Mégane that has way too many different onboard cameras to be of any use in a broadcast. For cars like that it would be good to have the option to use the old dropdown menu in addition or instead of the row of button.
    And if I may dream: the possibility to set your own favourite cameras as buttons for quick access and having the rest avaiable in a dropdown menu! ;)
    Anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts. Thanks again for such a great tool!

5. Gerald Jacobson

New Version: TV Console v3.1.0

TV Console:
    - The camera buttons can now be changed and your preset (favourite) are saved in the ini file of the tool (use the mouse right click to change the camera of the buttons)
    - OnBoardX text field replaced by a dropdown component

Thanks DocJones for the feedback

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  6. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Wooow, Gerald! You are unbelievable. I wish the support-teams of some companies I have to deal with professionally had your response-time. Thank you so much!

7. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Gerald, this is even better than I had imagined. I was expecting to configure the cameras in one of the .ini files. Being able to chose from all cameras on a rightclick is perfect. It's so easy to pick your favourite cameras!

I found one small issue though: Mégane has 24 onboard cameras. The tool shows 999 onboard cameras however. All cameras > number 24 select camera 24. (At least I think so, stopped trying after 6 or 7) This also applies to the dropdown menu.

Agaiin, thank you so much! Really looking forward to what our broadcaster has to say about it. I guess he'll be very happy aswell.

8. Gerald Jacobson

It is not an issue. 999 is just the limit rf2 plugin Api support for onboard camera. I do not use information of the current mod to initialize the onboard camera range.

9. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Ah, ok. That makes sense.

10. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Hi Gerald, it's me again. I hope I'm not bugging you too much... If I do, just ignore me please. ;)

I was wondering if it was possible to change (maybe as an option in one of the .ini files) what laptime the Driver Timing widget compares the current lap the driver is on to. As it is now, it calculates the gap to his or her personal best laptime. In qualifying I think it was better if the gap was compared to the provisional pole. For a comparison with the personal best lap, I would deem the colour coding of the sectors sufficient enough. The interesting bit for both commentators and viewers is the comparison to the overall fastest lap though, I'd say.

Also regarding the Driver Timing widget, what if there were different layouts available for it. For instance in qualifying, I would like it to focus on the current sectors and current gap as described above. Best personal and provisional pole are probably disaplayed in the tower widget in most broadcasts and therefor easy to find for anybody. Drivers current gap in comparison to personal (and/or overall) best laptimes don't really give relevant infos in a race though. Fastest laptime overall, personal best and last lap do. Most of these are available in the comparison widget, but that one is rather large with three driver's stats. I would really like it if there was something more compact. Maybe adding gap to driver in front and behind to the ones mentioned.
    I guess creating a 2nd Driver Timing widget that was manually switched between qualifying and race was the easiest way to do that. But as we are allowed to dream in this thread ^^, I was wondering if it was possible to have profiles or widgets' layouts change automatically not only on camera type, but also on type of session. :D

11. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Hi Gerald. I did read everything. Is it possible to do a font bold?

12. Gerald Jacobson

Yes and it is described in the Wiki

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Am I right in thinking the widgets are moved, enabled/disabled etc by tweaking ini files and opening and closing the game to check? Rather than having a viewer to move the pieces around visually?

14. Gerald Jacobson

Yes except you have a keyboard shortcut defined in the ini file to reload the UI without exiting rF2

15. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Hi Gerald I have a question. In my AI series I am using your TV plugin to watch the AI race. My issue is that when I myself leave the race after the lights go out and then proceed to watch the AI, the plugin becomes out of time. So saying this while I watch the AI race the plugin is telling me what is happening before I even see it. I am curious if there is a way to have the plugin work only after 10 or so seconds after the race starts. This way it would give myself 10 seconds to leave and move to spectator mode when the lights go out. The goal would be to continue watching the AI race but have the TV plugin work in time.

16. Gerald Jacobson

Because you are in replay. Go to monitor and go to the current time of the race (using the rF2 replay slider)

17. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks for the reply, I know am in replay but what I am trying to do is record the entire AI race. So if I was to skip to the current time I would miss out on the start, as it takes a little time to escape from the race and return. If I could get the plugin to start working 10 seconds after the race start it would give me the chance to not miss out on anything yet have the plugin lining up with the video I am watching. Now that I think more of it I'm not sure if this would be possible to do though.

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Has anyone made any presets? I don't want to start making one if they have been done already.

19. m0ck

m0ck Registered

Is there a way to run Remote Console on another remote computer on the same LAN?
    I was playing with config files without success. Does it work for anyone?
    Control via web page doesn't work either...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
  20. Gerald Jacobson

Yes it works since v3.0.1