[REL] Tv Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, May 12, 2014.

1. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I would like to donate to, will do it tomorrow.

It'd be perfect some editor to move and resize widgets around as rfdynhud did.

2. Marc Christopher Harris

Marc Christopher Harris Registered

Apologies for the noob, non techie question.

I have the Console working, and it controls the ingame live race monitor.

However, I see no overlays?

I have tried the show/hide in the console, but cant figure it out. *sorry*.

Marc.

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Hi, Gerald...

Possible bug-report: Watching (and racing) at VEC last night I noticed that many drivers showed as improved on their sector when the camera was switched to their car (sector split) - but when they had completed the lap they were often slower - or the other way around :p

What I THINK is happening is that the timing is calculated based on the previous shown car on the first shown lap - I hope this makes sense :)

- Why most drivers showed as improved might be because VEC used auto cam change which went down the driver positions, so previous car would usually have set a better personal best.

4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Does anyone know why this strange things happen to the tv overlay and how to solve it?

View attachment 16210

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Does this include race director mode to automatically change cameras depending on action on track?

6. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Hello

When I activate the replay being in the garage, either as a spectator or as a driver, the plugin does not change the overlay to replay. Only changes to the replay layer when I activate the replay being on track (driving).

Anyone else have this problem? They know how to solve?

Thanks

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

This looks absolutely amazing, Gerald has done a brilliant job on this! I haven't yet downloaded it but I would like to use it for my AI ran championship. Can't wait to use it! :)

8. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I've just installed this, but I'm finding it very confusing to edit it even with following the wiki. I've noticed the GT series plugin has come with the download, but how do I even use that?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Gerald, I know your a busy man...but how possible/feasible to port this excellent tool to rf1/gsc ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I think the plugin capacity of rF1 are not enough complete to be able to port this plugin.

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Ah ok, no idea..thanks mate :)

12. rafalgt

rafalgt Registered

Is the author of this plugin could rewrite it to make it work for rFactor 1?

13. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

Have the same issue. A solution would be great.

14. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Hi.
    Is your monitor resolution lower than the UI resolution?
    If yes, update the UI configuration file to have a UI reference resolution lower or equals to your monitor and you will need to edit widget main parameter because some position should be updated accordingly (and resize images if your resolution width is lower than the UI resolution width).

I have an issue when shrink image (cannot understand or fix for now).

If you want, give me your monitor resolution and, if an image resize is mandatory, i will package an additional lower resolution UI (UI and images updated)

Unfortunatly, i don't think i will spend time to port this to rF1. But if someone is interested, i can give access to source code to allow him to port the plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  15. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

Hi Gerald,

thanks for your answer. Which file do i have to open to check the resoltion. If you mean the multi-category.ini in player/GRTvPlugin/Multi-Category then there is the same solution as of the monitor.

16. Gerald Jacobson

Yes.
    [Resolution]
    width=1280
    height=720

Strange because i only see those images artefact when the ingame resolution was lower (width and/or height) than the resolution defined in the ini file

17. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Hi i tried to get i working on the same server. I also discovered that i can define a resolution in the ini file but i didn't make any difference. I moved to another streaming server with the same config and it worked without any problems.

So now you are back Gerald, i have some good ideas how to even make the tv plugin better

The event list puts the newest event to the buttom of the list and automatically scrolls to the top if a new event appears. Maybe the newset event should be at the top of the list

Second one is the event filter. If it is possible you could use a checkbox function instead of the dropdown menu so that you could filter multiple events instead of just one if you apply a filter?

I also have some ideas for the weather plugin, but more of that in the weather plugin thread.

18. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

I tried it with a lower resolution ( 800x600 at a desktop resolution of 1280x720 ). And it seems to work but all "images" are much bigger now due to the lower resolution.

http://www.allstar-racing.de/upload/a1.png

19. Gerald Jacobson

yes, it is normal, as images are sized with a reference resolution of 1280x720.

What i don't understand, i why you have the issue if your ingame resolution is equals to the UI resolution (1280x700) - should occurs only if the ingame resolution is lower.

20. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

Hi Gerald,

maybe to things you could add in your plugin.

1) Add checkered flag next to the driver name in the Tower. The overview in qualifying is much better if we know who already finished
    2) Can you add something like a starting grid layout? Will be a nice feature for the pre-racestart lap(s).