TOURING CAR REVIVAL (Converted by xFactor)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by R1CHO, Mar 30, 2014.

1. pdodd

pdodd Registered

Hi I can't get this mod to work, it installs but when I select it and go to select car it displays no cars, when I go to race it crashes out of rfactor?

2. Galaga

Galaga Banned

R1CHO, Dude. The Holden is amazing. Just tried it on myself9's virtualhillclimb.com server running it at transfagarasan. Wow! Not sure where to start. I guess I'll just say that it feels very right. Ffb is GREAT. Weight transfer signaling is so clear and also the weight transfer itself just seems so dead on. Tighten up the gearing on this puppy and powering out of hill climb switchbacks is bliss.

Niw I have to read this thread regarding the other cars. Admittedly, I tried the Sierra several days ago but dropped it because it just didn't do much for me and coukd easily have been that I just wasn't in the mood so I will read the rest of this thread and see if there is anything I should do or understand, etc.

Refardless the Holden, man, wow. Now I have to download the rest of the cars. Many thanks for this :D :D

3. Kaitsu_69

Kaitsu_69 Registered

Same issue here :(

4. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

is that with the update pdodd and kaitsu

5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

thx mate most feel good but a couple need some tweaking

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

CORRECTION - ALL the cars are EXCELLENT, including the Sierra which I re-tested so, yes, like I said I must have not been in the mood or maybe I had wrong steering lock or something else so that is GREAT news :D. Only two things I see (I don't care about graphics one bit) so far is real-time issue that you already know about and might be nice to have some more lively tire sounds, but only if that is accurate. Oops I lied. The other thing that I thought about is whether these are a bit too controllable. Maybe too much grip? I'm not sure at all and have no idea how these cars drove in real life except the 635 which I have driven the production model of IRL but a looooooooooooooooong time ago when it was new :eek:. It could just as easily be me, though, because I have been driving much more powerful cars lately. I think I'll take a spin in the rain to see what that's like :)

Anyway, THANKS for your effort and enormous contribution to rF2. IMO, these cars nearly double rF2's value (for cool people, at least :p) :D

7. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

the updates should fix the real time issue yes they are more grippy than they where in rf1 also and do think they need to be made a little looser in the corners tire sounds are rf1 sounds

thx for the feedback

there great fun in the rain hahaha

8. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Haven't tried the other cars yet but the Holden on dry track with wets is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. myself9

myself9 Registered

Confirmed. Rain tires on a dry surface feels even better!
    The dry slicks were making me develop bad habits ;)

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I was going to do the Symmons Challenge and found a bug with the TCR VLTWR

I use triple screens and in some cars the needles don't show up in the gauges, but in the timing screen you can see them off to the left. http://s8.postimg.org/hnjlyej83/GRAB_055.jpg (big pic, so I will link to it)

Also, the dash does not show up correctly. The screenshot puts an extra wrinkle in it so this looks even more messed up, but hopefully you get the idea. I do use multiview with 39 degree FOV
    http://s7.postimg.org/6lmpjgqhl/GRAB_046.jpg

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

thx guy yeah the vl and twr gauges still dont work correctly but i know what the problem is ..

extra wrinkle i'm not quite shaw what you mean I know alot of the textures on cockpit need some editing it'll all be down to the fact that there done in 3dsimed and not Max.. BUT!!! i am fixing them in Max, just slowly going threw all the parts and making shore all settings for textures/materials are in there correctly, i still think theres something that needs to be done to the mesh also to smooth it a bit and get rid of the tri's and make them squares

I even experimented with deformable tyres on a private mod,,, with great success ( thx Ales )

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The Utes mod does the same thing with the gauges.

If you look at the 2nd screenshot, the dash looks like it has a sharp bend in the middle- that's just the screenshot, in-game it does not look like that. But in game the dash does seem to stick out to the left like it is a plank.

13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

lol the rain tyres i'd be lying if I hadn't thought it too ... hows the tyre wear on the dry road ?

14. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

yeah with the utes i had heard that from someone else with 3 screens they need to be changed to suit rf2

oh now i see the dash

15. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Didn't notice much of a difference but didn't do anything long either.

16. pdodd

pdodd Registered

Yes with the update?

17. MrWalton

MrWalton Registered

Realy nice Cars. I like it!

18. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Thanx Mr Walton

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Are you planning to update these in the near future R1CHO? What would be in the update?

20. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

yeah man these will go threw ongoing updates ,, I have revisited max and will be setting the body Materials/Texture's correctly along with a few other things my biggest concern is being able to see the faces of all the tri's on the body on certain angles in game once exported out.. theres truck loads of wheels/tyres to edit to deformable Material but know how to do it now , these 2 will probably be part of the next update, I'm almost like starting again on the whole lot but with more of an idea what to do .. they will look much better , but still not to some people's expectations.. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014