TOURING CAR REVIVAL (Converted by xFactor)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by R1CHO, Mar 30, 2014.

1. PMC

PMC Registered

Hi R1CHO , is there a particular reason why you don't use the 'Get Mod' feature .Or atleast don't seem to .

2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

most of our servers should have that enabled, some don't as we use them from home

3. PMC

PMC Registered

Do you mean you don't want to use bandwidth from your home server ?

EDIT: Sorry what I meant was why don't you use the 'Get Mod' service Noel offers , you can host your mods on a file hosting service and just update when you need to . Admitidly I don't understand it fully but it seams very convenient way to do it .

EDIT AGAIN :And doesn't use bandwidth from your servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  4. PMC

PMC Registered

5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

6. TTR kwik-kiwi

TTR kwik-kiwi Registered

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Just tried this mod. I have to say it's quite fun. I was surprised with the quality. I was expecting alot worse ffb at this point but it was really good imo. Physics were beliavable also.

Not sure how these cars should feel like but the most important thing is I can imagine fun close racing with these.

I used medium ffb setting which was good for me. Didn't try other ffb settings.

I tried these cars: Volvo DTM, Rover WTCC, and M3 DTM... not sure if there is much difference between different years of these cars?

Volvo was least favourite of these... I caused little oscillation in my wheel but nothing serious. Also the downshift sound was a little weak to my taste.

Rover had aggressive sound and was a little more challening to drive than M3.

They all felt good and I'm happy we have this mod, Thank you very much R1CHO, looking foward to improvements (not sure what to improve, maybe interiors are top on the list though they were not that bad)

BTW, Sierra link is down (main file)

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The Volvo brakes are SO BAD! I was coming down the hill at Essington on my first lap with it and straight into the wall LOL. I'm not complaining, I love a mod where different cars have strengths and weaknesses and you have to learn them. This mod is a blast.

10. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

is there in issue with mas2 creating vmods with updated tracks or cars we had an issue the other night where vmods could not be created as hockenheim the track we wanted to use couldn' t be installed (updated track)

we are having a similar issue with the updated cars the updated version can not be accessed online

i guess the question is , is there a problem with mas2 and updated components, or are we doing something wrong when making the vmods ,, any one else got v031 online and joinable?

glad to hear people are getting the enjoyment now..

11. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Many thanks for this mod!...much fun when driving.

12. MJP

MJP Registered

Yes there's an issue apparently, you need to use the MAS2.exe from B382 to make vmods with updated components.

13. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

ty hope this works

any ideas how to fix the gmotor2 utility has stopped working error?
    i only get this when creating or editing mod package

luckily still works for rfcmp files

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  14. rockbass

rockbass Registered

Thanks to xFactor for trying to bring what could be a VERY fun mod as since I put my H pattern back in my TH 8 shifter I wanted a real manual car. Yea the Sierra's shake to much and was too easy to drive. The over all interiors aren't great but darn I had a great race with a Rover and a three wheeled Volvo. Please keep on improving these as that Rover was as much fun to slide around as ISI's 370z and I felt more comfortable with the H pattern and manual clutch. Oh yea that three wheel (missing left front) Volvo turbo brick did put up a good race, better than the BMW 635 did but I wonder how it would do with all four wheels. THANKS AGAIN !!

15. Magus

Magus Registered

Just tried the M3 and a really fun car to drive. Thank you. This era of touring cars is my favourite, & hoping you will add a 190E somewhere soon as the mod evolves.

16. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

I must say at first I was a bit turned away due to the graphics. Though knowing the mod is a work in progress I came to concentrate on the physics. The physics felt very nice. Great job. Looking forward to the next update.

17. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Finally downloaded and installed, glad I did. Very good so far! was surprised to find it so good at this point.

18. myself9

myself9 Registered

These feel great. Nice work!

19. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

these are a great fun Richo. Thanks for bring these to rF2

20. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

hehehehe thx m8