TOURING CAR REVIVAL (Converted by xFactor)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by R1CHO, Mar 30, 2014.

1. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Not sure I dont think settings on the track has anything to do with the vehicle apart from the refmapo reference for reflections

I did edit the lod in l8r versions and may have to re visit them also but I'm not asking anymore than what other mods do

2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

i'll have to try it with just the vmod ,, I do the same offline to test with all tracks and vehicles

3. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

4. MJP

MJP Registered

For those dropping out of realtime try running with less cars, and don't play bumper cars with them ;) I've only installed the M3 and if the other cars are similarly done then I'd say it's the lack of lower LOD models for both the car and tyres that are causing some of the problem.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

It's happening with me while the 19 AI are still in the garages. I regularly offline race other mods (multiple for multiclass racing- 10 P1's, a large group of URD GT3 cars and a group of ISI 370z's) that take up a lot more system resources. This is a problem with this particular mod.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Same real time issues here. I guess this wasn't quite ready for prime time, but hopefully will be soon.

7. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

I have done a few things to the 635 ,I had made the 3 different lod models the same object just renamed this could be the issue also the shadow object is the model also just covered in the shadow texture and not rendered also could be the issue to. i have replaced it with the original which is 1/15th (kb) lol the size as what you currently have but its not a great shadow object

reflections now on the 635 are fine in all settings (HDR) just have to turn down the window reflection a little

I can now run 26 635"s on track at symmons all sessions without a hiccup.. frames i get about 50 in cockpit view and 35 from the replay... but thats about what i get with every mod settings on max 8 vehicles visible

anyhow hopefully I'm on to something, update to test when i pack it up as a separate package, currently I have overwritten my 0.030 rfcmp ..oops lol

glad to here the drives good though :p

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Essington works great with these. Some tracks just don't work at all. As for the performance disparity- with touring cars from that era (up until all touring cars became the same underneath as in most world TC series) cars were not equal. Some were dominant and way over-powered. For a league, only those cars will be used and the others are mainly for offline running or single make series. If you look at modern WTCC even where they don't have an essentially spec car, the Chevy Cruze was ridiculously over-powered for a few years. It's the nature of TC's.

9. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

yeah kinda sucks having to download it .. sheesh..hahaha upoading i will pm you both to see if its any better your end

fuel consumption i reckon is the go to even them out a bit

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I disagree, for leagues you can have the very best cars be off-limits and the rest of the field be sorted by skill level. Alien = slower cars, top driver = slower-average cars, average = slower-average, slow = slower-fastest.

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

this is also another option that works quite well

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In theory, but how do you separate the slow drivers from fast especially if a driver is new to the series? Leagues are always changing and drivers will always come and go so new guys who haven't raced (an unknown commodity) either have to get put in a slow car or a fast one and either way this causes issues. You can hold a test session to gauge speed, but I know if I am in that session, I sandbag big time so I get the fastest car!

How do you actually define & measure alien, top driver, slower, average and slow? By quali performance? By sprint race performance? By how well someone is on street courses or permanent courses? I don't know too many people who are good on everything.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

1)Well you start with test session and go based off their quali result and race result. Some people are flyers in quali but lack the race craft. If they got the speed to be in the front then they can be considered to be in the fastest category, which implies slower car. Crashing out is no excuse, it comes down to the person refining their driving.
    2)If they sandbag and join the league, what's stopping anyone from either disqualifying the person's results or simply having him moved to a slower car? I haven't ever come across anyone who lied about their performance to gain an advantage. I'd not want to have someone like that in my league.
    3)If you're in a league it's safe to assume there'll be a few people who perennially run together, thus you should all know each other's skill level. The difference in performance in street and permanent tracks should be negated as by your post, other people will also be the same thus everything will be balanced as both kinds have similar cars.

My introduction to sim racing and leagues was trial by fire on GPL. First time in a sim, wheel, etc, and I was in a field with a couple of aliens and other top notch people. I followed them one full season before joining and for the remaining seasons they held after I left, the balance and fights were amazing. In the end of the season the best/most consistent driver would either win or be in the podium, there was never a single complaint about the system.

14. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

couple cars updated they should work offline fine now but *ONLY* the updated cars as soon as any of the others are on track it'll still happen

i can run these 3 cars with 30 on track no worries hope it does the same for everyone else a few have tested and seems to work for them too..

those people will need to uninstall the test update .. john/guy

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, cool. I'll try these out as soon as I can (won't be for a few days though)

16. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

thats good to here m8 vl is done on my machine to. Getting the rest done now so i can update our server for a series ;0

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Ok so I lied, I tested this morning on a track that would not work at all before. I hopped in Donington with the 3 updated cars as AI, I was in the VK. It worked great. I still want to test on some other tracks that didn't work like loch Drummond

18. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

lol im fairly confident the 8 i have done now will work there ;p

19. Bernd W.

Bernd W. Registered

I have tested the M3 v0.31 and it´s great!
    Many thanks for this wonderful mod :)

20. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

all updated and working well offline