[REL] Top Gear TT - Dunsfold Aerodrome (Multi Layout)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Tuttle, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niko

Niko Registered

Excellent track. lots of FPS with good quality
    Maybe more tires to know where we need to go or where are the corner. :)

2. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

I did some laps with the gordini cars, funny. First lap I got DQ'd because I had no idea where I was going lol.
    After that I restarted and followed an ai car for a few laps, then let loose. Rammed the tirewall on the hairpin-ish corner just to see what would happen - love it lol.

This track is beautiful. Textures are top-notch.

3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Ok guys. I see some request (here and in private) for some training stuff to learn the track. I think could be nice to get you a "training" version with traffic cones around...to help you learning the correct line. Maybe I'll do a stuff like this in the future, if it can helps.

4. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Hi Tuttle
    Please dont turn this into the forza version,with all the traffic cones around the course,,lol

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If people don't know they track the only thing they have to do is watch the A.I for a lap or two. lol.

People should also learn the difference between a test track and a racing circuit. ;)

6. Tuttle

No no! Absolutely no! LOL... Just a sub-version of the same layout with traffic cones. It's easy to do and could help to learn the track, especially for non-addicted top gear show like us!...:)

7. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

And the new series,that started on sunday is back to the best,and your masterpiece is spot on

8. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Hey! Just like old (rF1) times: loading stops at about 80% and Alt/Tab eventually reveals

Error loading mic_lf_min_low.gmt to memory
    Error loading gy_lf_low_low.gmt to memory

Click OK and it repeats, so I have to use Task Manager to shut down rF2.

Why is it always me? :(

9. Tuttle

Those are vehicle stuff, not mine. :)

So you've to check your installation and mods. ;)

10. canastos

canastos Registered

I was thinking about Clios or Meganes, even GT-R would be very suitable
    At this very moment, there is one server using this track, but no mention about the car loaded; will try to get into and see ;)

Just in case, will also try to find the post where was told how to make vmod really small, anyone knows?

Thanks again, Tuttle

byyyyyyyyye

11. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

I personally don't think thats needed. Like I said a couple laps behind an ai car and its fine lol.

I'd rather see you spend the time finalising the unfinished stuff :p

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have made small vmods... quite easy actually... I can send you one if you like, but now I have to go to sleep...tommorrow then.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Well I managed to get some virtual rubber burnt on Dunsfold and I can only say I`m extremely impressed Tuttle...

The track provides a very good drive and looks amazing too. I know you said there are still things to be done but it`s all looking/driving really well for me with good fps too. Going to have much driving fun here indeed.

Only thing I noticed so far is that when I let the AI take control of my 370z it was really having a hard time on the high curb at the end of the lap... every time it would smack into the curb and high sides and major tank slappers would take place nearly wiping out the two marshall`s standing there.

Excellent stuff though... five stars from me for sure. :)

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have to say the the fps is very very ok! firstly I thought that this track with all this details would have been very heavy, but after some test and all details on Max and tripple screen, I have 60fps!
    I will try some online races tommorow to see if it's possibile to make some clean races in this track, but I can immagine how many cuts will be there!

15. MrPix

MrPix Registered

so tried most native 'road/track' vehicles (no OW) and had the most fun I've had for a long time.

Meganes (slightly biased as I have one -not v6- in real life) are definitely a blast, but the 370z is awesome on this track! Clios and GTR are great too.

I tried the Maserati and the Lola, but they are not half as much fun as the others mentioned above.

Getting fantastic frames with 10 AI and all max setting visually across 5910x1200 with HDR at AA level 3 (no multiview)

Well done Tuttle :)

There are few bumps that possibly are a bit harsh and I came across the already mentioned no-mans-zone with zero traction along the side of the track, but hey... a great start to a fantastic project.

Now to find out how to make a vMod!

16. Sentri

Sentri Registered

Great work, now to wait for the point to point code so we can run proper standing starts.

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I tried the Skip, it's a blast there!

18. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Wonderful track, very hard but very funny and enjoyable (driving F2 on is great).
    Only one wish : can you improve the AIs (there are crazy sometimes -often!- lol )

19. CRex

CRex Registered

The Skip is a blast almost anywhere :cool: I hope to see more of it in multiplayer soon.

20. MickyMutton

MickyMutton Registered

Great work Tuttle, What we need now is a reasonably priced car!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.