Toban WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by vicent-sollana, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I reckon they must spill a lot of beer in this beer tent ;)
    BeerTent.jpg

2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Well I had a blast with the Skippy round here against the AI, many thanks :) I had to turn on the FFB filtering because sections of the track were like cobblestones / Belgian pave, I've read about that but it's the first time I've experienced it in my limited testing.

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Just tried the latest version you uploaded and your doing a really great job with this conversion mate so far. The track is really starting to look great. I'm not a fan of conversions and ignore most but when done like this it's great.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
  4. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Hi, guys!
    Fist of all, thank you for your comments,:)

Good sight!It was a test, it's now fixed.

[​IMG]

The circuit was just sent to the people that is helped me find bugs, if everything is ok and there are no big problems we are close to publishing it, at least the current version.
    I'll keep you posted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Looking forward to it Mr Sollana cant wait :)

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Hi vincent,

just tried the new test version (077) and it is a real beauty. Found a lot of very nice additions. I made some screens, all around sunset sunrise, because i tested my new hdr profile.

You can download the profile here.

View attachment Toban_BloomV6.zip

[​IMG]

Who is the lonely spectator?

[​IMG]

Great normal maps in the pitlane

[​IMG]

Specular reflection on the road looks much better now

[​IMG]

Did you change the background image? The hills surrounding the track look different.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. tyrrel

tyrrel Registered

Stig?

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The question was meant to be rhetorical. :)

9. nockitsch

nockitsch Registered

"some say".... :) Looking forward to the new version. If i'm lucky it will be released tomorrow since i'll be away for 3 days afterwards :(

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I am very much looking forward to this also. Interesting how so few race online.

11. vicent-sollana

Thank you very much, Tosch.

I'm going to download the profile and tomorrow I will put it toghether with the track, I've detected a bug in the short reverse version at the pit stops. so tomorrow I'll fix that and reupload to publish it.

For the brackground rotate it a little

My idea was putting the Stig in the track to check if looked fine, then I'm wanting to open a new thread to see who would want to be inmortalized in Toban :)
    I'm hoping that if nothing else comes out tomorrow we have Toban here.

12. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi Vicent,

I just tested V0.77 and found no major showstoppers (the pit exit light having been mentioned already). Let me know if it's ok to post a detailed report in this thread or wether you'd prefer it via PM. I've found some issues worth reporting on the internal forum, too.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Uwe

13. vicent-sollana

If you want I have no problem with the report beeing on the thread.

I've fixed the previous problems with the aiw in short reverse version, If there isn't anything serious I'm going to upload the circuit.

14. nockitsch

nockitsch Registered

I'm a little bit excited now and will build up my rig and the triple screens :) Thx a lot Vicent and greetings to spain.

15. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi Vicent,

here are a couple of things I noted:

- with the v5 nobloom hdr option, I saw some running shadows along the left side of the pitlane guardrail and also here:

GRAB_009.JPG

The running shadows are not visible with the tosch v2 hdr option.

- night racing is hard as the track has no lighting yet except for the pit lane (that's probably on the list for a later version, right?)

- The AIW for the short layout could use some work, on the backstraight the AI hit the brakes before the last left hander leading to the downhill section which makes it easy to pass even the GT1 cars in a Megane ;) No biggie for true MP though, but I do most of my testing against a field of 24 mixed AI cars.

- there was a cone stuck in the air at the last chicane before S/F:

GRAB_010.JPG

I've reported that one on the internal forum.

- The AI enter the pit lane a bit over agressively, maybe the AIW pit entry trigger point could be moved backward a bit.

That's it for now, as I've stated no show stoppers that I could find (most of the stuff is AI related), and driving the Short version is a *blast*, I'm really looking forward to racing it online soon!

All the best, Uwe

16. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

:);):cool:

17. vicent-sollana

[​IMG]

Toban Raceway Park V0.78 - Release notes:

- It is not finished.
    - Racing at night not possible yet, I'm still looking for good configurations.
    - Wet track is possible.
    - AI still needs a lot of work.
    - Marshals will be included in upcoming updates.
    - There are 7 HD profiles, the last one is Toban_BloomV6
    - The trees are currently in 2D, there will be updates with more trees including 3D ones.

Please uninstall the previous version in order avoid conflicts.

Consider that the circuit is unfinished, not by far, keep that in mind when you download it.

Toban Raceway Park 078---DropBox

Toban Raceway Park 078----Mediafire

Special thanks to.....Mario Morais, Jka, K Szcech, Luc, Feels3, Tuttle and ethone who helped me a lot. Sorry if I left anyone out, I really recieved a lot of help from a lot of people.

Thanks for the testers who helped find bugs, ceSniper, Juanchio, Hoover, tjc, tosch.

Thanks to tosch for making the profiles,thanks a lot.

And also thanks to my girlfriend for her support and for not leaving me.:)

Thanks to the ISI crowd for allowing people like me who enjoy doing this.

And Happy new year to all of you,:)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
    3 people like this.
  18. hoover

hoover Registered

thanks Vicent & happy new year! My server now runs a vmod including v0.78 and the skippies... a dream has come true ;)

Uwe

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Some notes from my side

I had some trouble with running shadows (black rectangles running along the guard rail) in earlier builds. The solution for me was to delete the shader cache (rFactor2DataFolder\UserData\Log\Shaders) and the cbash and rrshd files (rFactor2DataFolder\UserData\Log\CBash) for Toban.

About the hdr profiles:
    - TOBAN_REALISTIC_CLEAR and TOBAN_REALISTIC_CLEAR_NOBLOOM are copies from the ISI profiles that came with Lime Rock Park.
    - TOBAN_REALISTIC_CLEAR has reduced bloom.
    - TOBAN_REALISTIC_CLEAR_NOBLOOM has bloom disabled.
    All other profiles will reduce the intensity of direct sunlight at sunset and sunrise to the minimum to get rid of the bright red glow shining through the ground. These profiles will only work for the Toban track because they are time specific. To get a idea of what i mean set up a practice session at 7pm at switch trough the different profiles.
    - Toban_Tintop_NoBloom has reduced autoexposure. I tried to reduce the brightness in cockpit view. Most tintops have very dark cockpits and the hdr engine tries compensate that and the outside world will appear very bright.
    - Toban_warm_BloomV5 and Toban_warm_NoBloomV5 should give you warmer colours (Air Mass value 1.2) and more brightness.
    - Toban_BloomV6 is my best compromise so far. It should work for all types of cars. I would recommend to try this profile first.

...and last but not least a very big "Thank you" to vicent for all the hard work and this beautiful track which teleports me 7 (8?) years back in time to the good old days of the rFactor1 demo.

20. canastos

canastos Registered

Thanks a lot vicent, will try it next week (race night tonight ;))

byyyyyyyye