Thrustmaster t500 with rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turfman666, Feb 3, 2013.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I will take a look when i get my new sim rig (old one broke :().

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Choose the tension on the drive belt's not too strong because the guide rollers or cutting rollers are real plastic and could wear out. The roller is made ​​of steel but not the holder ;)

3. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

Sry Dr, my English is quite poor. But as you can see in this pic:

[​IMG]

You feel all FFB effects directly. The problem does not affect to count the turn grades, but yes to get more feeling with the motor.

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Nice illustrations Frankysco. :D

I know what you mean now. It's a different type of ffb deadzone though. In here, any small change in the opposite direction of ffb is felt as a deadzone and for slow changes in directions from ffb are felt as a delay due to the gap between the steering shaft (blue) and the motor hub (red).

I will take a look to see if i have any gap in mine when i get my new rig setup. Thanks for sharing! ;)

5. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

using my internacional language is easier! lol

Chech your T500 because, when I had a G27 I was able to feel its play; but with T500 it´s impossible if you don´t put one finger on the white plastic (or the rotor of motor if you want to open it) and turn the wheel.

you´re welcome mate!

6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Awesome, i will definitely check it out when i get around to the new rig. Very kind of you to share this with us! ;)

7. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I had this issue in my first T500, now I don't have it at all on my new one. That said I'm not 100% sure this fix is not going to introduce even more problems in the future, as locking the two parts (using a friction gauge between them) could starts an unwanted wearing even worse than the original gap which is in there...I think on purpose.

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

Is why i use threadlockable on thread's and just tightened the screws a bit, because the issue comes from loosen screws not just because of the gap. If there is enough pressure applying with the screws, there is no need to modify something. Sure the idea behind Frankysco doing is right but not the best solution when distributing forces just over a little area ( the entire area should be filled ). The plastic could break, not necessarily but it can happen.

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

&

hmmmm.

Well i do have the newest T500 Tuttle, I bought it in December and it has GT6 all over the box. When did you get your new one? Perhaps your right and that it's fixed because from memory alone, i can't feel any "play" either by shaking the wheel left/right/up/down or when rotating it.

When did you also get your t500's speed1 and Frankysco? Should i be able to feel this "play" even with the wheel off?

10. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

Mine is V2, I believe I bought a year ago..

11. Tuttle

I bought the new unit in december as you and yes, it's the new one with the top vent holes closed. The version number has gone here, previous one was V5.

I can't really feel any deadzone/play with the wheel plugged in. In the previous one I had a bit of a mess in that area just after 1 week but it was a disaster unit with tons of problems everywhere. :)

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

Mine was from the V2 gen and yes i could feel it just by pull/push the steering wheel under windows already.

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Thanks guys, so by the sounds of it, like myself i can't recall any play/deadzone as tuttle with the same latest version of the T500. So i think they must have fixed it. But i'll know what to look out for should it crop up in the future.

Tuttle, do you remember the difference in sound from the fan of your V5 to the latest version? Did it sound different?

I hear complaints that the t500 fan (when on) is loud but i find mine to be rather quiet.

14. Tuttle

The new unit has a new bigger fan in a new position. Previous one was a 40mm, mounted on the top cover and flowing just above the motor (horizontal position/vertical flow). The new one is a 60mm vertical located at the motor side. The result, and I can confirm that, is the crazy noise issue has gone and the cooling is way more efficient now. My previous unit was using the old fan; after 1 hour, and a mental noise, died. :)

15. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Ah, sweet. Thanks for the confirmation. I'm very happy to hear this and i can confirm, right above where the motor is located only gets warm-ish when the ffb is used heavily and constantly on very aggressive tracks and cars such as 60's F1 at Brianza. Most of the time in the megane i can't feel any warmth above the motor after a 20 minute race.

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

The little toy fan on the top of the motor died after a very short time of use and i replaced it with a bigger one by position it on the side of the motor which never becomes hot again but without the fan starts to run because i'm using the T500RS without a case :)

17. triskele10

triskele10 Registered

Like this?:) I also have the top always off.
    WP_20131220_001.jpg

18. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

I have my T500 exactly like that.

19. speed1

speed1 Banned

20. antgen

antgen Registered

Mine was bought on October from Amazon.co.uk and it was with GT5 box(no version number) but the fan holes on top cover are closed. No Play/deadzone and the fan is quite loudly (like a gpu fan on average load) but nothing to worry me about(I can't hear something broken from the fan,just because is near my head I can understand when it's working and when not)
    A guy over gtplanet post an image from his new wheel and he noticed that there were no cooling ribs on motor. I can't confirm this as I haven't open mine yet, can anyone with new version confirms?
    Here is his photo: View attachment 11796
    http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-thrustmaster-t500rs-thread.135961/page-289#post-9333379