Thrustmaster t500 with rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turfman666, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

60 fps will not look smoother at 120 Hz, than at 60 Hz. Perfect monitor refresh rate to fps gives the best smoothness/fluidity. That's why GSync has a dynamic refresh rate to constantly perfectly match the framerate.

2. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Hi Spinelli, Rf2 is not the only PC simulator. In fact it hasn't the best FFB, specially when blocking front tyres. X motor racing physics engine for example, can work at 600hz in Pro version and 1200hz in ultimate version.
    I think in the future, some more car simulators can offer different rates.

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

4. Descoat

Descoat Registered

As he says, the physics needs to run at same ratio to feel it really. We are speaking about what can hardware offer you and software that can give you an advantage of that rates. And, yes, quality is better than quantity.
    Faster ffb output rate is better if the physics engine works together.

Don´t read only the first words, it´s necessary to read all the article.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Phusics rate and FFB rate are two different things though. What is x motor racing's FFB update rate?

Sorry to sound cynical but it sounds like typical iRacing marketing B.S. that iRacing is so good at.

6. Descoat

Descoat Registered

@Spinelli.

If Eugene Cojocar can come and explain that ffb rate fresh of his simulator, it could be better. Sincerelly I don't know but when I activate double precission ( 1200hz ) in the physics management, it gives me more control of the car. It also depends of the car because you can change it's physics.

By the way, accu force has dual stream frequency (2000hz )

http://simxperience.com/Community/S...rticleID/15/AccuForce-Dual-Stream-2000Hz.aspx

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I've been following his blog and his wheel seems like it's a iracing-centric design, I do agree.

8. Comante

Comante Registered

It's quite normal considering how many people use Iracing and how much (on average) they spend on their hobby.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Typical american marketing bull****. The guy is selling a wheel, not a game, yet he goes on for a paragraph defending iRacing's FFB. So typical.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014