Thrustmaster t500 with rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turfman666, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Turfman666

Turfman666 Registered

Hi,i just bought a t500 and after a couple of weeks finally got it working with rfactor well by sending a thrustmaster download to the controller settings in rfactor,,its loads better,,do i have to do the same in rfactor 2 to get the best results ,,thank's !!!!!

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I dont really know what are you talking about, but my T500 was pretty much plugnplay with rF2. I havent changed any settings except fiddled with the ffb filter ingame.
    Oh and adjusted the throttle and brake sensivity to little more exponential.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
  3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Mine worked instantly with no adjustments whatsoever. In rF2 just click detect, then alter settings if needed.

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'll bet he never hit the Detect button.

5. DANNYBSTER123

DANNYBSTER123 Registered

Hello make sure you have all the drivers etc, plz contact me with exactly what is wrong and i should be able to fix the problem.

Daniel Bremner
    rfans

dbremner497@live.com

6. DANNYBSTER123

DANNYBSTER123 Registered

okay

7. Turfman666

Turfman666 Registered

lol thank's guys and John yes it was the controller- ini i was meaning,just wondered if you had to do the same in rf2,,it works good in rf2 but i think it could be better ,,if you don't ask your messing for ages lol,,all new to this,,the ffb on the thrustmaster is pulling the screws out of my richmotech cockpit lol

8. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello guys

I have had a new issue develop with my T500RS since the new rF2 v382 update. After driving a while in the in rF2, my wheel (set at 270d in the TM control panel) suddenly becomes "slow". What I mean is during the same session, as I get back in the car the wheel becomes slower, it takes more rotation to turn, going from 1 to 1 on the screen and feel to something more like 2 to 1. Is this an issue with the latest build? It almost seems as if my settings get corrupted, I certainly hope it's not a hardware issue.

I only adjust the steering lock within the session and the force for each specific car, everything else within rF2 is default.

Any feedback is appreciated. Cheers.

9. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I think in order to get the maximum range of forces it is best to set force to 100% Thrustmaster control panel and adjust the FFB multiplier in game. (can anybody confirm this?)
    The spring and periodic settings don't see to make much difference, I think mine are on 0%. The damper increases resistance when turning, mine is set at either 0% or 5%.

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

No problems here, though i set my TM control panel to 900 and let the game sort out the rest.

Have you tested another game to be sure if it's rf2 or something to do with your wheel?

11. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

To answer your question, the issue I am experiencing only occurs with rFactor 2, specifically since the latest build (v382). I tested rFactor(1) without problems there. I made a clean install of rF2 v382 after this issue happened and did not migrate my settings, everything worked well for a few days, suddenly it happened again. This is why I was suspecting rF2 and some sort of damage/corruption of the T500RS settings within the sim. I have never seen anything like this.

12. Justy

Justy Registered

I think (although I could be mistaken) I remember reading somewhere that for some reason 60% in TM control panel is the same as 100% in other wheel config software (i.e. Logitech Profiler). I think anything higher than this just boosts the lower FFB effects, in the same way the Logitech Profiler did when you crank the overall strength above 100% rather than actually delivering any more torque from your wheel. Maybe someone who knows more can confirm this, or correct me if not. I left my T500 settings at default apart from turning the damper off and setting wheel rotation at 900 and it feels fantastic to me. :)

Regards Justin

13. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

The T500RS has been an incredible wheel, especially with rFactor 2, just amazing. I have had no issues until now. My settings have always been as shown in the picts;

View attachment 11505
    View attachment 11506

Again, I left the in-sim settings alone, other than the FFB specific to the car and the steering lock once at the track.

I just re-tested rFactor after removing/reinstalling the drivers, the wheel is fine. To me this confirms something is off or corrupted, at least with my rF2 installations.

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

How hot is the wheel getting when it does this? I had to get a replacement fan from TM. The issue you get (that it happens after extended use) sounds like it could be heat related.

15. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Guy

It doesn't seem to be all that hot, I will pay closer attention. I did go from rF2 (after it develop the issue) to rF1 and the wheel was working perfectly. I also removed and re-installed the drivers to be sure.

I know it seems odd, but it is as if my rF2 profile gets corrupted or modified by the latest rF2 build. I am about to get into pCARS, AC and other sims to see how they are working. If all is well, I will try and revert to rF2 v342 for a while to see if the problem re-occurs. I don't know what else to try.

Cheers

Update: I reverted to a clean rF2 v342, so far everything is as it should be and the wheel works perfectly. Once I use the v342 for a few days I will update the situation. Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yeah, like John said, try to delete controller profiles. Also, you may way to delete your .PLR too and rebuild your profile. That's a weird prob and the second thread I've read with a similar issue with the T500

17. Paddler

Paddler Registered

thx for the tip with "detect". I have tried all sorts of combinations and adjustments. Now my T500 finally comes alive! Just great!!! Havent's changed a thing otherwise. Perfect now.

18. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

John, Guy, I tried your suggestions;

-Creating a new controller profile made no difference. Deleted the customized T500RS I had, did auto-detect in game, no good.
    -I have always left the default settings as "vehicle set", never been a problem.
    -I use 270 degrees because it seems to work best with all of my other SIMs (rF1 especially, pCARS, AC, etc.), including rF2. I will try and use 900 degree again.
    -Lastly, I deleted my "PLR" file, set everything back the way it usually is (270d), went back in-game and did the auto-detect for the wheel. This SOLVED IT!

At least temporarily the wheel is behaving as expected. I will continue to drive/test the v382 build, if it happens again I suspect there is some sort of corruption occurring to the "*.plr" file.

I really appreciate the feedback, this has been an odd issue, if widespread it may help others resolve it. Thank you!

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

What spring setting are you guys using with this wheel? I've been using 0% but I'm not sure if it's the best...

based on your experience does it change how you feel slides or the feeling of weight of car?

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

:cool:

Vehicle set should mean that the game and not your rotation sets the wheel rotation doesn't it? Or does it set it according to what your Windows controller configuration is set to? I only race rF2 now, so I keep my wheel set to 900 but use vehicle set in the game, but each vehicle is a little different and so all within the 900. If you set the Windows config to 270 and use vehicle set in-game, will you max out at 270?

Overall set to 60%
    All others set to 100%

I don't know if or how it affects the feel of the game. I catch slides (most of the time :rolleyes: ) and the wheel feels awesome all the time.