Stockcar Tracks List

Discussion in 'Locations' started by machine, Dec 12, 2016.

1. machine

machine Registered

There is an issue with quite a few tracks exactly like Dover. Dover is the worst. It is caused by the way the track meets apron. They cross, rather than join. AI cars cannot handle this intersection. It is something I would like to fix. The tools I currently use don't allow me to fix it. It means learning a new program like 3dsMax.

Obviously time constraints also. First priority has always been online, but I am keen to get offline racing working well also. I don't mind an AI race from time to time.

2. Eric Statkevicus

Eric Statkevicus Registered

Thanks for the reply Machine. As luck has it, I remembered that you can train the AI, so I figured I'd give it a go with the NASCAR cars at Dover.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/ai-learning-step-by-step-guide.47657/

I used the Auto Calibration 1, and the results were amazing. I promptly got my ass kicked by the AI, and they had no crashes at all from going on the apron.

I've attached the file that was produced by the training (drop the .txt at the end if you want to use it). You would need to copy it to all the folders contained here:
    rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\NASCAR 2016 SKIN PACK
    (see attached folders.jpg, it contains all the Fords and Toyotas, didn't do the Chevy's yet until I tested)

Unfortunately there are quite a few folders that all need the .ini file, follow the instructions SPASKIS put in this post
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....g-step-by-step-guide.47657/page-4#post-913427

Now I'll have to do some setup work to get faster than the AI at Dover :)

Thanks again.

Attached Files:

Corti likes this.
  3. machine

machine Registered

For setups, go to post #1 in this thread. Look for setups near bottom of post 1. There are 3 places to download from. The ones on dropbox are likely to be the latest. They are my fast race setups for online racing. They are all pretty stable also.
    These setups are for the Nascar_2016 mod. For setups for Stockcar_2015 mod, you will need to go to the ftp site, and find the Stockcar_2015_Setups folder. (Hmmm, they are probably in Dropbox also)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. RG6871

RG6871 Registered

Any word on Atlanta??? thanks for all the updates man it awesome!

5. machine

machine Registered

Yes, it's been in final testing for a couple of months now. It's not my track, so don't ask if you can get it early! ... should be within a month or 2.

6. machine

machine Registered

Following the previous group of updates, Pocono, Chicagoland & New Hampshire have updates to fix similar issues.

Pocono
    v1.50 update
    Disable cut track (as per Mountain Pk Speedway)
    As fields were approaching 30, online racers were starting to get cut track penalties in error.
    Pacecar release endpoint moved as close to finish line as possible. To avoid lap up/lap down penalties common in online races when yellows come out while drivers are in pit lane.
    Slowwhenpushed set to "0" AI Cars will now not slow when you get close behind them. (as if they are scared of you!)
    Dynamic reflection code added
    _WET added to realroad material names
    Fixed some realroad textures missing alpha reflections layer
    Concrete walls use correct material. (Will have correct drag when hitting it)
    Safer walls use correct safer material. (Will have correct drag when hitting it)
    Loading screen updated
    TDF Roughness added to bring track to life
    Cones added to remind drivers to stay in or out of pit lane when entering

Chicagoland
    v1.50 update
    As fields were approaching 30, online racers were starting to get cut track penalties in error.
    Pacecar release endpoint moved as close to finish line as possible. To avoid lap up/lap down penalties common in online races when yellows come out while drivers are in pit lane.
    Slowwhenpushed set to "0" AI Cars will now not slow when you get close behind them. (as if they are scared of you!)
    Safer walls use correct safer material. (Will have correct drag when hitting it)
    Loading screen updated

New Hampshire
    v1.50 update
    Loading screen updated
    Redo thumbs that were not working

Dover, Las Vegas, Michigan & Texas also get the following updates.

atomed, Taris Henrique, Corti and 8 others like this.
  7. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

8. machine

machine Registered

Not something I am looking at. It is not a current Nascar track. And I have too much Nacsar stuff to even think about other stuff.
    Maybe there's an opening for someone to stand up and work on some Indycar stuff?

9. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Unfortunately Nazareth is not even an Indy track anymore... It can only survive in the virtual world !
    There is something of the old Phoenix speedway in it : rather flat with a pronounced dogleg.

10. akai_fr

akai_fr Registered

Thank you ! Donation made !

11. machine

machine Registered

Hey, thanks akai_fr!

Daytona, Phoenix, Martinsville, Bristol, Talladega & Kansas get the following updates (some already had slowwhenpushed=0)
    Adjusted Speed Limits to 2018 Specs

Watkins Glen gets above updates, plus:
    Smoothed tarmac in corners on the Boot section thanks to Gilles Benoit
    New camera added to finish line in Nascar version.
    Newly positioned tyre barriers to stop track cutters in the Bus Stop (there is no cut protection, but there is nowhere to gain time by cutting)

I think I need a holiday!

Corti, toebee, pkelly and 3 others like this.
  12. Mauro

Mauro Registered

thanks machine and Gilles Benoit
    one question: smoothed tarmac in all Boot's layout or only in Boot's section of the track?

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Boot SECTION would indicate only that particular portion of the track. Otherwise he would have just written something similar to this: the corners in the Boot Layout have been smoothed.

14. machine

machine Registered

Yes. There were 2 major sections on the track which felt weird. Turn 2, and the toe of the boot. Bumps were slightly noticeable in the other 2 corners in the boot also. I only fixed T2 because my focus is Nascar. It is not worth spending many hours. It's needs a total rebuild which I wont be doing. Well not until after I rebuild Daytona, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Martinsville, Texas, Bristol, Talladega, Dover, Kansas, Pocono, Michigan, Chicagoland & New Hampshire. Oh I forgot Darlington. We don't even have that yet!

Corti likes this.
  15. machine

machine Registered

League Tracks was updated last night. Nascar 2016 Skins mod also added support for Atlanta Motor Speedway. (Released by Mike S recently)
    All the items are available in my collection on Steam
    Notice links at bottom of collection to other collections. All Studio-397 oval stuff, Stockcar by Don, Machine Tracks by me. And "ALL Things Stockcar" by me also.

Badboy, Corti, SRGP and 2 others like this.
  16. machine

machine Registered

12 tracks updated to 1.6
    Talladega and Watkins Glen to 0.85
    All tracks have Pace car release point moved back to correct position after the Stockcar plugin has now been substantially fixed.
    See Stockcar Plugin by Matt Sentell
    All tracks have a pacecar line now in the centre of track. (though my experience show it does not always follow it)
    Some other small updates.
    All tracks performance levels changed to 80-100-120. Mods with AI performance on these tracks will need rcd changes to optimise performance.
    I will be fixing Nascar_2016_Skins mod at some time also. In the meantime, some tracks require as much as 120% to be alien strength.
    Watkins Glen has AI improvements. GT3's still run wide in the exit to busstop. GTE's are awesome on all 3 versions.

17. machine

machine Registered

18. Corti

Corti Registered

many thx mate ;)
    [​IMG]

19. Spears

Spears Registered

Any plans on the Charlotte Roval?

20. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I am working on a new Charlotte with Roval. Maybe by end of year?