Starting to get really concerned by the lack of official content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TJ_Tas, Jul 4, 2012.

1. TJ_Tas

TJ_Tas Registered

I'm really getting concerned that we are not seeing more official content. Whats the story here?.

Is it:-
    • There is more content but we are not being given it. If so why not.
    • This is all the content that is planned for the release. Which would suck.
    • This is all the content there is so far and more will come. Which questions the originally stated "Roughly 6 months" of beta.

I really would have expected to see more and there is no definitive lists of what we can expect. I mean are any of the currently included genres going to get full attention?. In particular the 1960's F1, Are we going to get a full season for this splendid "Mod"?.

2. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

Dunnoo TJ.
    Remember rF1 had stuff all included?
    I recall seeing the ISI cars for the first time and thinking..
    wtf is this stuff? lol Then I got into it.
    It's anyones guess really and I don't think anyone has asked that yet.

3. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

There has to be more surely???? I know rf had stuff all but it didn't cost near on $80.00 either. Even Dirt3 had more content than rf2 has now and D3 ended up being a rip off as far as content goes IMO.
    I did hear a Clio rumor going around, so we might get that yet.

Why does the phrase "you don't win friends with salad" come to mind. Eighty bucks is why....

4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

There is content being worked on (Formula 2, Renault Clio, and some historic f1, and much more). All of that is likely to be released individually, like is happening at the moment (GT Endurance came later, Brabham F1 even later, etc). This doesn't at all threathen the 6 beta months period. ISI is going to release 'gold' when they are happy with the engine (physics + graphics). However, as they stated multiple times, after going 'gold' they still are planning on releasing content for some years to come!!!!! It might not be a lot now, but I for one am not concerned at all.

5. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Check the picture and that is not even everything.

Tim had some new license deals that haven't been considered in those older renders. So, yeah as it looks there is still a lot of content to come in the future. Most of it might be available after the release of the game, due to all the changes that are still happening right now during beta-testing.

[​IMG]

6. Golly

Golly Registered

Please ISI Gods... let there be dirt/rally/offroad hidden amongst that circle of power... lurking in the shadows somewhere... hidden... too scared to rear it's awesome head... please... haha..

7. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

+1

A rf to rf2 track conversion tool may keep us going for a while.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I agree with this one big time. A lot of the rF1 content is plenty good enough to convert. I'd simply like to see a lot of rF1 stuff in rF2- but I don't think it's going to be easy to do as rF2 is a lot more complicated.

9. Jos

Jos Registered

Some rallycross would be sweet, with alternative routes and stuff...

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I remember this discussed before and I think ISI confirmed it/were no negative about it, something like that.

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Tim has stated numerous times that there is lots content planned through 2013... much of it licensed content.

Some content will make for release, some will be added later. Common knowledge if you read the forums.

Don't feed the troll guys.

12. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/screens2/wipscreens/#0710. scroll down the list, you will find dirt tracks and what looks to be point to point starting line

13. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

You have to think of RF2 differently than you might other games

ISI cars although not bad are generally quite average though in the past they have had some solid cars and the 1960s cars for RF2 are very good and who knows when they finalize tire model and the new cars all the new cars in RF2 might be solid.

With RF1 it took over a year from it coming out to having any real decent content , though RF2 will have more content when it goes gold its still very much a case of just waiting for things to come out bit by bit and enjoying them when they do.

Rf1 and RF2 for me is more a sim that I would play for league races or whenever a random mod team comes out with a good car , mod or a specific track.

I think AC will be better as an out of the box general product same with GTR3 ( for those specific cars) , you get different things from all the sims on the market , However I definitely think RF2 will become the replacement for GPL as the sim for older cars in general.

14. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I hope so. It has for me. I'm consumed by the 60s F1. Don't know why I can't get myself interested in the tin tops or modern F1. Maybe I'm too slow a learner and don't want to dilute my efforts over multiple eras. I dream of a solid historics sim racing community, much like the beloved GPL was back in the day. A full season of historic tracks and cars by ISI would really help. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
  15. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

"You have to think of RF2 differently than you might other games", reminds of the "You're holding it wrong" iphone story. 6 months beta should be over soon and the actual content is rather limited and not really ready. (outside of the F60s and the megane). It will also take some more time until "finished" mods come out. (I'm especially speaking about physics). So reading that ISI will only add content in 2013 does not really make me jump into the air.
    Anyway, I believe most of what is being said here on content is pure speculation by forum users.... so let's see before crying.

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

EA games might be more your thing if it's about speed of development and content. You can purchase their stuff through steam.

17. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

being an idiot might be more of your thing... so just don't change anything

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

thats wrong, they will add more content in 2012, likely that the Clios will be with us soon and the Formula2 will be released when the game goes Gold or near after..so if thats this year then thats more content.

19. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

+1

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...and not to mention 2014, 2015, 2016 etc etc....