rFactor2 Build 134 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2012.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :)

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Ah, hair making, you have wonderful years going and more coming Tim ;)

I read stuff from this thread and I really can't stop thinking that we should be more like small kids are, they kind of just get along and be happy what they have, they have not yet learned that pointless competition that feeds the greediness and so easily confuses one from what really does matter.

But also we should be enough adults to remember that surely we can argue from subject, that is where to learn things, but also be so adult that leave offending of person out from arguing, it really does not add much to discussion.

I did read somewhere that those that are insecure from their opinions have need to lower value of other's opinions, I believe this happens both sides, it is also very natural thing, but also I think anyone can be better than that.

In kid's stories there is wise owls, then there are hungry wolves too, reason hungry wolves (or similar) are shown having failures in their doings has also deeper meaning, those stories are also guides to life and try to teach what works best for all of us, most strories are really old and even those original stories have even older roots from time before writing, many come from code of living, but during centuries those have formed into easily acceptable form in stories.

I really like stories from Aesop, a Greek slave some 1400 years ago, I'm sure Nikos has heard these enough he is tired of them already, but they are just great short stories with lot of meaning:
    http://www.storyit.com/Classics/Stories/aesop.htm

About the update, without HDR, I did run at LRP during night and kerbs did go black some places when I approached them, I did read from this somewhere, but some had this with shadows, I had shadows off, but probably issue is the same one.

Haven't noticed very lot of other differences yet, but will look more at coming days.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I really didn't see you strongly point out that it was the speed you had an issue with... Because you were talking about the features some other software has, the FEATURES of rF2 were what I thought was the problem. Do you see the issue there? :) Thank you for saying what your real issue is though, I appreciate this kind of feedback as it is honest and it's OK to feel like that. I just didn't even think that was what you were talking about.

4. Wheelzpin

Wheelzpin Registered

She's a doll. I have a similar picture of our son. Sadly he's 24. (sigh!) We had such high hopes....

1 person likes this.
  5. tjc

tjc Registered

lol...:D

6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I just love the fact that we have those fun-posts popping up whenever the attitude of a thread gets in a wrong direction. Best thing ever and of course very clever!

Short on topic: "Auto-updater worked very well and the game runs proper. It is getting more and more stable."

Again OT: "Dear Team ISI. Thank you for years of joy in sim-racing and I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year. - 2013 will be yours!" ;)

7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I have theory about that, well kind of story actually.

Discussion on forums and bullfighting are almost the same.

You have El Matador and El Toro, at boards you have two opposing members or group of members.

Now Toro is pissed and Matador is attempting to get Toro to move into direction he likes it to move.

When things goes rough, bunch of clowns jumps in to confuse El Toro and make his loose some of his steam, until El Matador can gather back his composure.

At boards discussions goes sometimes from fair argument to personal insults and then comes relief party that attempts to bring heat down a bit so that everyone could find again common song and argue in civilized manner.

So basics of forum discussion are same as bull fighting, in forums there just are words instead of movements and swords.

8. websta

websta Registered

An interesting read. I too had issues in the past with RF2, throwing my dummy out for a refund, but then...... ah yes BETA:eek:
    I think folks get mad for many reasons and sometimes those reasons coincide with the purchase of an unfinished game they expected to be finished. Now, I don't mind if they want to spend another 6 months. It has been a bit difficult modding on a beta, but that's my choice. It's only £25, if you drive a real car, you will spend that in a few days eh?

I used auto updater, everything went smoothly. thanks also to Tuttle for explaining about HDR in dev mode.
    Have a nice christmas ISI
    Falalalalaa la la larFactor.

and for any folks frustrated, try, also to enjoy the holiday.
    Trollalalalaa la la la laa

1 person likes this.
  9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

yeah and people with back from their 'mates: sink to personal abuse and attack.

I got banned for ranting about bs paid mods.

But that was after someone compared me to a mongoloid and gets support from others ........and I get banned

You think that is intelligent or funny ? the upper hand ? denigrating someone ? because you do it in a group ?

grow up and get a life.

I dont need "clowns" ( YOUR WORDS) to back me up.

I fight my own battles. lol

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

He he, distilled wisdom in there, part of our childhood education here..

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Easy man. You both got banned for going too far, hey Durge, leave it at this and dont mix others in that mess, we ll be late for Christmass festivities if you go on..

12. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

and you talk all the time like a politician........

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

being a forum boss/marketing man he has to...

14. can`t wait 4 rF2

...and you are afraid about your real name?

15. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

i tried to sign up with my real name...but Jack Daniels was already taken dammit

16. vittorio

vittorio Registered

LOL - i love this forum :D

17. can`t wait 4 rF2

LoL

In germany, we say pussy.....

18. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Thank god for having a unique name ... Or be first to register with it :)

19. can`t wait 4 rF2

but you know what we are talking about :cool:

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Lol, I'm still laughing at "can't wait 4 refund"

1 person likes this.