rFactor2 Build 134 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I hope its Suzuka :cool:

2. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Well that's awesome news for me - I'd love to have any one of those circuits in rF2. So even though I don't know which one it is you've got licensed I'll look forward to it.

Thanks for the reply.

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

As in past i've posted some negative words about rFactor2, this time i need to be honest (like allways) and say something positive about this...

Just updated rFactor2 yesterday to last version, and guess what... had a blast with it, still not very optimized, still a long way to go in some things, i should be able to play it full graphics detail on, but running good with almost everything maxed out with 10 AI cars, except in Monaco or when it starts to rain. Car physics now seems more real, now cars behave like they should, amazing job guys...

4. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

suzuka would be nice, but I expect it will be Silverstone, but that is only based on the fact that it was in rF1..... Also, while writing the previous sentence I also seem to remember that Tim once said he licenced a track where the BTCC race???

5. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Silverstone wasn't in rF1, that was Northamptonshire :p

6. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I know Silverstone was in rF1, but I'd still love a new version of the modern layout.

I have mixed feelings about the changes they made to the track, mainly because we lost the stunningly fast Bridge corner, but I think the new layout has it's plus-points too and I'd just like to drive it.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Although I had very little time with going over telemetry data in my experiences, I agree with everything you said. Not perfect (all sims have areas in physics/tyre model that get either too hard, too easy, or just not right), but overall definitely the best at the moment and it's not even finished.

1 person likes this.
  8. tjc

tjc Registered

As others have said... please let this be Suzuka. :)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I haven't actually seen you discussing rF2 enough to know there is dissatisfaction, most of the post seems to be about someone else's product, so that wasn't even the basis for my response. The basis for my response was to answer what you seemed to be asking about, and why you seemed upset, which is that you felt you didn't get something you thought you were getting. What I did, was explained what actually happened. If it is bad PR to tell the truth, then it is an unfortunate world we're living in. :)

We explicitly stated that you are pre-ordering the final product, and would get access to the testing when you did that. We offered a refund, which eventually became a two-month limited refund (forced on us by Paypal and Moneybookers) and we gave more than two-months notice of that change.

If you actually have problems with rF2, try talking about rF2. We can take it, just don't be personally offensive for no reason, that's the only thing we have ever had a problem with!

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

+1

Fair's fair

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The tyre simulation in nkpro is actually not even close to RFactor 2s but keep thinking that. Netkar Pro is great in some areas, but in other areas it's so overrated it's not even funny.

But hey, when you can drift fully sideways in slicked winged cars around entire corners at 200 km/h and save every single slide no matter what, then of course you're going to love the physics/tyre model, because they make you feel like a superstar driver when your fighting the car and saving every single slide no matter what, and you think it's all you and your skill, not the physics/tyre model.

I seen more people have handling troubles and spins in 1 hour at skip barber in real life, then I see in 10 hours of Netkar pro.

Netkar pro, the sim that makes everyone feel like a superstar driver, because yes, you can sometimes fight and abuse the car in a realistic way, but it allows almost everyone of all skill and experience levels to save every type of car, in every type of slide, in every situation.

Now Assetto Corsa I'm pretty sure will be very good, despite the 3 or 4 videos I saw of it's F1 car and 1 of the Zonda with very weird, awkward and un-natural power-oversteer.

Why do i think Assetto Corsa will be great??....Well guess what??? Assetto Corsa will be using a BRAND NEW SCRATCH MADE physics AND tyre model, completely brand new that has NOTHING to do with netkar pro's physics/tyre model. So what does that tell you about the nkpro model???

12. Oldie

Oldie Registered

Good to hear that!

I would imagine that some of such frustrations also comes from replies that certain users give if anyone post a comment that even comes close to a criticism. (most others call them fanboys)

If someone factually remark his experience, anyone should respect this opinion. But some users can't bear any sort of criticism, even if this criticism is objective, and conjure annoyance with their manner.

This people should also put in their place, to make factual statement and discussions possible. And maybe some excessive amounts will stop.

1 person likes this.
  13. Paulinho

Paulinho Registered

Enjoying the updates, many thanks.. keep them coming ;)

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re.f1 tracks, I think the one that Tim is referring too is Australia ?????

I seem to remember reading this somewhere but could be wrong,

Conversions of rfactor 1 f1 tracks would be fine (with added rf2 features of course )

Think ISI have done everything they could -released a build to us (125) when we all started moaning then gave us what they could before the holidays, let's hope really good progress is made at a decent pace after Xmas (-;

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh... Australia would be good too, another old style circuit that provides good, close racing. Suzuka would rock though... :)

16. Alesi

Alesi Registered

no more updates till Xmas?

17. 88mphTim

Yeah, there is some of that, for sure. However, I think a lot of those reactions come from the way feedback is given. For example, someone posted: "Still, nothing major. Yawn." Had he posted even just "Still, nothing major." his post would take a completely different look. Not that his post was offensive in any way, but the "Yawn" created a reaction from others.

Forum psychology is always something that has interested me, I have been around them since 1997, and running them since 1999. The main mistake people seem to make is reading tone into plain text. And it's a lot easier to read tone when certain words are used, like above. If we get good, solid feedback, we'd be really happy either way. Just do it without namecalling or that kind of stuff. :)

18. 88mphTim

Unlikely, yeah. Although I don't know whether any content will come out. Some is close, but could always arrive after.

19. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Ok since I make the builds I will explain executable version 1.133 in build 134. For a while the build number and the last three of the executable version matched... IE executable 1.125 was shipped in build 125 . The build number represents the entire build which includes both assets and the executables. During this last phase of testing we made a build with new assets but without any new executables. As such, the last three of the simulation execuatbles no longer match the build number.

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Good job explaining, thank you!