rFactor2 Build 134 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

How is this valid? We said a long time ago that the 6mo 'free' would be extended as long as the testing lasts. We're still in testing.

It even says this in the threads at the top of the forum.

2. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

I'd just like to say - even in beta, this is the best racing sim available now... there are some slight issues to be sure, but that is what beta is for... Online seems to have some issues as I have trouble connecting to many servers (including my own) and given that i only see a few people on at night (5 or 10) I would guess I'm not alone. And some slight UI scaling issues when using triple screen. Other than that - shaping up quite nicely!

3. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

poor that must be said :cool:

4. stonec

stonec Registered

It's good to see that rF2 is slowly but surely approaching towards a final product. I think that we have seen new content and existing bugs being fixed during the year at, if not a stunning rate, at least for me a decent rate to keep me interested, so I have no problems with this. The newer content such as the skip have set a higher graphical and quality standard to me, so I hope the next cars (the new F1s etc :)) continue on a similar trend.

My main criticism comes towards certain "core" features which are yet not implemented or have remained largely the same throughout the beta process. I look at this from a league racer perspective, knowing that a couple of leagues are interested to run rF2 already in its current state, but there are currently a few things that limits rF2 from such serious use. To mention some:

- The tire model has remained largely the same, with same limitations. That includes no noticeable tire wear impact on lap times, no punctures, temperatures that swing to 300+ degrees during short spins. This is the biggest limitation for me at the moment as it means no pit stops are necessary in online races.

- The collision model is not yet adequate for online play. I know it has been redone from rF1 and it feels much more accurate when driving offline. However, online you still see various crazy rebound effects and cars flying, even with low latencies. It's a matter of fine tuning, but in its current state it limits serious competition too much.

- Replay functionality is not ready for online league use. This is a fairly obvious one, as you cannot see the laptime and lap counters which you need in order to assess hotlaps.

Overall, with a few "simple" changes rF2 would for me become a platform which leagues could seriously consider running on. Of course it wouldn't be bug free, but none can expect a beta to be. The basic simulation itself is already awesome, so I think it's just a matter of time to be able to run it in serious competitions.

1 person likes this.
  5. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

signed

Wow, just found that:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3P1SXNF7BFQ

6. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Great looking vehicle dynamics! Either I haven't noticed it to look like this already or BSNismo now has access to a newer "in-between build" for the internal testers which improves it. :)

Plus, even if it's "just" the GTE version, I need to drive the Vette! Christmas present ISI? Pretty please? :D

Damn you BSNismo, I'm jealous! :)

7. Carlos Cavalcanti

Carlos Cavalcanti Registered

rfactor 2

I am improving the computer order from game rfactor 2 so far by videos like the master formula f2 and mostly skip barber, that last mod was improved graphics I hope you continue to improve because it has the potential to

8. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

9. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

anyone having issues? as i uninstalled it then d/l again & installed it mods & all everything works fine, till i go to race im sitting there with 3 blank screens except for tacho/speedo? plus have sound & can put in gear & drive into wall lol

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

hrd issues? perhaps put it on?

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Like I said. I didn't consider it. In this I didn't research it either.

So yeah, There's my place, Thank you for putting me in it.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Try posting somewhere in here or contacting ISI directly. Holidays are quickly approaching, so you might be SOL for a while.

http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/120-Build-134-Bug-Reports-Problems

13. tjc

tjc Registered

@ SMOK3Y

Bit of a long shot as I don`t know much about your problem but I know I and others have encountered the black screen but with tacho/speedo`s etc showing and sound if HDR has been turned off but FXAA is left on (or maybe the other way around)

Maybe try experimenting with this anyway as it won`t hurt. If you have HDR/FXAA off try putting them on just to see... :)

14. Nick88

Nick88 Registered

I have the installer downloaded, I put it in updates but it is still asking me to download it?

Is there a new location it needs to be in?

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

There are two different installers
    One is for full instalation in which case you must uninstall original game and install game again.
    Second is for updating, you place it in Update folder and you update from initial screen.

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You do know rF1 was capable of having tire punctures? Not sure if you know this but even the teams who were considered good modders barely brought out 50% of what the physics engine was capable of.

I don't know this foresure but I've been told that the rF2 tire model is actually capable of having slow leak's as well as punctures. ;)

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hopefully rfactor 2 is more (or will be ) more mod friendly thus the better modders will take advantage of the superior features on offer

18. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Probably when those things are enabled, currently rF2 has not all of features enabled I think, at least I have not been able to make a puncture no matter how hard I have tried with ISI cars, but eventually there probably will be lot of those good things.

In rF1 for example damage was so often neglected area, head on crash 100kph and cars were usually just tiny bit damaged like you would except bumping something at parking lot.

But you could get even dashboards to change shape, giving really impression of serious crash.

Of course it is always bit of time issue, just how little or much time each has to spend and where one chooses to put that time. It might take quite long if going to push everything to limit of engine, but that is also fun bit to seek possibilities that go further than often is considered reasonable or possible.

I like to look how to make things possible ignoring limitations and trying to find way around them, even that might take a lot longer, really looking forward of how damage will be, I hope that it would be set so that at 100% it is like reality in severity, but I doubt that, can't remember much else than street legal redline racing that was even somewhere close, Viper racing had some nice effect too, but it is usually area where realism is cut down quite a bit which of course leaves me something to work on :)

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well clearly the tire model is far from finished here. We all wish it was finished yesterday but a quality tire model obviously takes alot of time.

20. SMOK3Y

SMOK3Y Registered

ya experimented a bit & found it was FXAA issue if i have HDR on its good but FXAA no good thanks for help fellas. games looking better & better gave up playing it for a while as the G27 was sh*tin me to tears with the game i now have CSW so reinstalled it