Rfactor 2 vs Iracing vs CARS- a newbs perspective

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by rss334, Aug 13, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes, it was the Transmazonica now that you mention.
    I remember him saying that a friend of his took him for a drive outside of SauPaulo and after an hours drive they were in the middle of jungle with no hope of resque if something happened to them. No mobiles at the time :(

As for pills, I suspect a lot of European truck drivers use them, so, Brasil is enourmous, what do you expect...

2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

The Abarth, yes! Absolutely the most amazing sim ever. Even though it saddens me somewhat b/c I love the rfactor community spirit, etc., I cannot see any way that AC is going to be the end of all the other sims. Believe me, what ISI is doing is great and ambitious but at the end of the day with the sim basically not even in prealpha yet b/c not only is development not complete on major chunks, entire pieces of the software are in DESIGN and worse RE-DESIGN.

Regarding the Clios they are fun as heck and physics and weight balance and everything is great and at the same time completely artificial. There isn't a sane person in the world who would expect to get in a Clio and it to feel and sound that way, even though the inputs and outputs and physics are all great it's hard to describe but it's like the "presentation" or immersion are simply non-existent. Hop in the NKP Abarth and drive for 20 minutes and then come back to the Clio and if you don't laugh then you are going to like rf2 LOL.

Oops also one more thing. The people who like rf2 but don't like Clios are the Megane addicts who have all their eggs in practicing the same car/course their entire lives so they can dominate and pretend they know how to drive LOL and they are mad as hell b/c the Clio just ended the Megane forever...

Edit: I meant to say that I don't see any way that AC is NOT going to mean the end for all other sims.

3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Dont worry, we have to deal with most of those when driving a car too. Add to that list contending with trucks driving right up your rear at 20kmh over their supposed speed limiter (as shown on back of truck). Or trucks stopping in fast lane of freeway because they are about to miss their off ramp and they want to move over, or trucks veering into your lane because they are asleep.

Actually, I just thought of a feature that might make a truck sim exciting. A random "fall asleep at the wheel" timer. Screen blanks out for a random time whilst you are driving. :). This is posted all in good fun. Obviously this trucker behaviour is very rare :)

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

That feature is actually implemented, can't remember if it was rig'n'roll or euro truck simulator that had that one, they all are so alike that my memory can't separate them reliably.

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I would buy such a sim just so I can redeem all the wayward truckers that refused to do their duty and honk the horn when requested by kids in cars which is by far the most important part of the job LOL

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Makes sense. I guess we'll see how that turns out.

7. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Some is confusing, transamazonica(in the midlle that rain forest all of you know) is in north and Sao Paulo is southwest
    And Sao Paulo is **** place to go. Industrial city, too violent. has a lot culture options, good restaurants, better soccer in the country but little thing related to nature.

8. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

That was Euro Truck Simulator indeed. I used play a lot 18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin' but eventually the driving physics killed it to me... But I loved the game, with better technical execution that game would be perfect.

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I see no problem with communities...for example I'll be part of all communities if they are great :)

I don't understand, are you saying the clio's handling is fake? That's a pity as it feels so great!

I don't like the megane, its no fun for me....

10. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Well, one day there was a guy called Marius Golombeck driving Clio at Croft. He said quite the opposite and was impressed how quick he was into the car. He said he had driven the same Clio in real-life and told his setup in rF2 was almost the same as they used in real-life. Personally I feel the immersion in rF2 is very strong but of course it depends on many things such as display size, etc.

I haven't driven Clios or any other rF2 cars in real-life so cannot tell if it's right or wrong. But someone saying something doesn't feel realistic based on experience in other sim is just pointless (at least to me).

11. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I only like truck drivers if they look like Burt Reynolds.

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Heheh, well count me out of the ones you like then ;P

On topic: I have to love the way that some people keep saying rF2 is still in pre-alpha or normal alpha or what ever. I am guessing they have no clue about the process of developing a game or they wouldn't make such comments. And yes, before you snip back at me, I know you are just saying that you think the game needs a lot more development. When you are comparing a sim and saying one is further along than another because of eye candy, that only tells me you like the eye candy over the meat of what a sim should be by the very definition of the word simulator.

Now it is possible that AC has a good feel to it, I wouldn't know because I don't have it. Is it even out yet in any phase? I ask because I have not found a download for it on their site.

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

No it isnt, but people make serious discussions about it, based on assumptions.
    Maybe it will be the best sim ever in the history of mankind, but I have a stack of hardly ever used dvds on my desk, having bought them on such...intuition.

14. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Guys i think the main thing here that people are overlooking.... is the fact that AC will be a moddable platform. Many "modding" teams will jump ship if 1. the eye candy makes there cars look better
    2. the ease of converstion from model to in game process.

no other platform right now.. other than rF and rF2 allow this...

As it stands there are very respecitble people in the Sim community who have been around a long time, saying good things regarding AC.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

+1

16. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Racer.nl, Rigs of Rods which is of course quite bit different, however lately they have made it lot closer to circuit racing. Then LFS was promised to be moddable after S3 and next step for them is S3 most likely, of course we must remember that they did promise one car over 3 1/2 years ago and that has not yet happened while updates have dried out so I have no faith that it will be at least very near, but perhaps in lifetime of rF2 which will then add to competition.

Then there are other kind of racing, completely other kind of games which can be areas where modders like to work if they don't find rF2 being enough platform for them.

There are mods even to those truck sims.

But of course AC will be most direct competitor as I have mentioned before.

17. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Well, if all this discussion about AC is based on a video preview that has been put out by them, then I just have one point to make. A good animator can make a very believable video and call it an in game preview even if it isn't. Not saying that is what has been done, but just saying..... I will hold off any kind of opinion of the sim until such time as it is available to the public to test out and see for our selves.

18. racechicken

racechicken Registered

Ask your self what you really want:
    - Laser scanned tracks
    - yes
    - scanned cars
    - not really
    - fast development
    - yes
    - good tire physics
    - oh yes
    - good driving physics
    - 4 sure
    and so far.....
    i owned rfactor, rf2, pcars, iracing...and drive them so often as i can
    so the best combination from all three would be
    - Track scanning technology from iracing
    - The complete physics, ffb and weather sytem from rfactor
    - The GFX incl. textures from pCars
    - and the quality of the car developer from pCars.
    Al that in one game would be a blast. But...you can create a sim with all that and the best physics ever...some people will not able to drive that..and for these people is the sim unrealistic.
    So the point is simple. All what we want is fun and clean racing if we are in online sessions. We drive in our league rf1 and have so much fun since a couple of years. Sometimes we are thinking about to switch to other games but there are no good alternatives around.
    Just my two cents. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
  19. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Based on a video preview??? i guess you have not read or seen any of the reviews of the people who actually tested it..

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

No. I'm saying the opposite. The handling is amazing! That's why it's hard to explain. Maybe it's the force feedback even though it feels accurate and provides great information maybe it's just a little jerky or harsh or something. And the sounds are definitely ****. And the graphics suck to so maybe that is part of it. So maybe it's the immersion which is nonexistent but the handling is amazing.