Rfactor 2 vs Iracing vs CARS- a newbs perspective

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by rss334, Aug 13, 2012.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

You wouldnt want that LOLOLOL

You lost mate by far...

2. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Agreed! Dumb question, though. Is there a difference in modding for rf2 and Asetto Corsa? What I mean is that rf1 had so much magic b/c modders and also had better online vs NKP and also had AI, etc. but won't modders be doing stuff for AC now too and if so then will it be rf2 superior dynamics and tire model vs. AC superior base physics, feel and graphics?

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Rofl. I think the only thing more entertaining than rf2 is this forum. I have gotten my moneys's worth many times over!

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

But we don't know that, I mean anyone can read stuff from their website, but nobody has AC yet and nobody knows how modding really will work with it, there was not much modding with Netkar Pro, there was some tracks made to it, I guess there was track editor for it, but really don't know anything more about it. Also with AC being started from scratch mostly, nobody really knows yet, so it will be really interesting how things go, it also should give bit pressure for ISI to make modders choose ISI product, I believe that good documentation would be a key to that, maybe get much more people to modding that way too, but I'm sure some will go to AC also, it offers probably something rF2 does not, but also rF2 will probably have some AC has not.

Also there is not knowing physics yet, I just saw Gamescon video from AC where AI cars were competing, something funny how cars did move, but also I must say that what I saw was something rF2 is perhaps not able to do yet, no pressure, but ISI you need to improve AI more to be in competition ;)

I will have something like 7 sims soon, I thought that I pass pCars and iRacing, first because what I have read about it's handling, 2nd because of pricing and because I don't do online racing.

Oh and 8th sim Game Stock car I would need to get too, then I forgot about GPL and GTL, also GTR, but I think last one is not installed now, then many that attempt to be sims but are not like truck simulators, haven't found real sim from those yet, not after Hard Trucking 2.

It was before rFactor that there were not much of sims for my liking and that is not very long ago, now we have so many that buying one title or two per year means one has to start choosing and no longer getting them all, well maybe I for sale with some of coming titles.

5. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Game Stock Car 2012

6. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I will definitely be buying A C when it comes out, have been trying iRacing ( got the 6 month free deal from Caddilac ) The FFB in iRacing just doesn't do anything for me. It looks nice ( not great ) but the driving just does nothing for me. Still enjoying RF1, and can't wait for RF2 to go gold.

7. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Im Late my Internet just got turned back on..
    Anyways- Very good Thread from a New Racer!
    1st CARS is Not a Sim!
    2nd- RF2 is Still at the forefront of design!
    and lastly there is one more up and coming Sim you did not mention and I will not either but Im sure you can figure it out!
    FYI- No other "Sim" Moves unless ISI releases new content :)

8. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I was not forgetting AC. I have nothing to say about it because I haven't played it, compared to those three other titles which I have played all of them. I know AC will be moddable, and you never know, if it offers better features than rF2 and it's modding procedure is to my liking, I might want to fiddle with it. I believe it has pretty strong physics department and working graphics engine. Time will till how it turns out.

9. What's pCARS? LOL! Just kidding you! ;)

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

painfully-Crap Arcadish Race Simulator. :)

11. Magus

Magus Registered

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I thought of giving it a go again yesterday and got the latest update....

After 15 minutes of trying different cars, I was disgusted (awful physics feeling!) and left disappointed...

then I said, OK OK, let me try iRacing again. I spent maybe 30 mins this time, but the cars were not behaving very realistically, was not bad....but got bored!....

Soooo, then I went back on rF2 racing with the Clio's.......and my wife had to come for me at midnight...."Are you coming to bed!!??"....otherwise I would have stayed all night! At least it was from strawberries to chocolate : )-

Cheers

13. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Same here and yes I do agree.

14. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

:rolleyes:
    P - Philosophical
    C - Charismatic
    A - Ambitious
    R - Refreshing
    S - Shinny. Mmmmm Shinny.

15. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
  16. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Sounds so familiar! :)

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

I agree with this. I do some iRacing, and the multiplayer element is great, but the physics just arent there. The oval racing is "ok" physics wise but the road course element is terrible. AC is something i'll pick up anyway, but it looks like a trackday sim. RF2, even in its current mess of a state, is by far the best driving wise. Every car we have so far feels right, with perhaps a small tweak or two required to make them perfect.

18. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Even the chocolate part? :)

Did you try "painfully-Crap Arcadish Race Simulator" mate?

19. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

If it's like that I'll probably pass! :D For me it's mainly about physics so this really doesn't look very tempting. Even iRacing felt "too arcade" so I'd probably be pretty disappointed with pCARS. Hmm, but still would want to see the grapics so maybe I'll give it a go after all...

P.S. It all depends whether woman's attractivity beats the earth's gravity. And now that we also have the third (r)factor(2) deciding when to go to bed has become a very complicated task! :)

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Yes, driving rF2 world woman with attractive elements at passenger seat kind of dream might have certain complications that require certain preparation.